Janet Jackson Nominated for R&R Hall of Fame 2019 class

Bailey

Stevie Nicks will be the only female artist to be inducted solo and with her group..if she's inducted..which is highly likely since..it's Stevie Nicks. :rolleyes:

Nothing is really working against Janet this time..it'll be Stevie if they just wanna induct one female..:rolleyes:

Third time might be the charm..I just don't see her just getting nominated just because.  An induction is inevitable. :rolleyes:-_-

41 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Are you sure?

Yes. The fan vote is collective. As in the winner receives one vote... one vote out of 800 others

Here:

The top five vote-getters in the public poll form one ballot, which is weighted the same as the rest of the submitted ballots

Edited by Game For Now

17 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Yes. The fan vote is collective. As in the winner receives one vote... one vote out of 800 others

Here:

The top five vote-getters in the public poll form one ballot, which is weighted the same as the rest of the submitted ballots

And Janet is at #6. Shit. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

I'm not understanding this calculation. Please explain. >_< 

The total number of votes towards induction is based on a select group of say 800 people( although I’ve heard the number was far less ) each nominated act can garner say 800 votes maximum

now on the fan votes if an act is within the top 5 of votes received online that act gets only one vote because of the actions of thousands of online voters so let’s say Def Leppard gets in the top 5 they get one fan vote against say 800 officials that have a vote. You could get 5 million fans that vote you number one thus securing you a single vote and the official voting committee only votes 200 times for you out of 800

or you could be Janet where you don’t earn a vote from the fans because you didn’t make the top 5 but of the 800 on the voting committee you get 600 votes and you’re inducted ...online votes be damned :filenails:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, John.... said:

The total number of votes towards induction is based on a select group of say 800 people( although I’ve heard the number was far less ) each nominated act can garner say 800 votes maximum

now on the fan votes if an act is within the top 5 of votes received online that act gets only one vote because of the actions of thousands of online voters so let’s say Def Leppard gets in the top 5 they get one fan vote against say 800 officials that have a vote. You could get 5 million fans that vote you number one thus securing you a single vote and the official voting committee only votes 200 times for you out of 800

or you could be Janet where you don’t earn a vote from the fans because you didn’t make the top 5 but of the 800 on the voting committee you get 600 votes and you’re in online votes be damned :filenails:

8 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

I'm not understanding this calculation. Please explain. >_< 

1 divided by 800 (the maximum amount of people voting) = .125% 

Meaning the fan vote accounts for .125% of the total vote. 

So each of the top five gets one vote of the 800 total votes. Janet can still be be inducted without the fan vote

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Game For Now said:

1 divided by 800 (the maximum) = .125% 

Meaning the fan vote accounts for .125% of the total vote = it doesn’t matter  

Which is why I wonder why they even bother with the shit it’s not based on actual merit it’s all about certain groups of people they may very well out number other groups and their opinion is if you’re not a white male rock band you don’t deserve to even be on the ballot

Just now, John.... said:

Which is why I wonder why they even bother with the shit it’s not based on actual merit it’s all about certain groups of people they may very well out number other groups and their opinion is if you’re not a white male rock band you don’t deserve to even be on the ballot

It gives fans something to be excited about and they don’t participate in math (America’s education sucks). 

At the same time, they don’t give fan votes much weight at all. Which is why I’m hoping they deliver Janet her votes and induct her without the shitty fan results 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

It gives fans something to be excited about and they don’t participate in math (America’s education sucks). 

At the same time, they don’t give fan votes much weight at all. Which is why I’m hoping they deliver Janet her votes and induct her without the shitty fan results 

I agree but what I was getting at is there are simply more white folks out here than blacks I have not seen the current top five but let me guess they all white acts right? ?

okay, ya'll might not be ready for this, nor care, or maybe just dismiss it......BUT, I have heard a ton of Chaka Khan lately on the low key sneak, I think Chaka Khan might be the surprise inductee over Janet, and I dont know who Rufus is, is he the dude that's in the background going "chaka chaka chaka khan let me rock you" :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Stevie Nicks just did an interview with Rolling Stone about her induction and the interviewer was asking her about the other band that are in her induction class and visibly left out Janet but Ms. Stevie Nicks was not having it...saying..

'Im a huge fan of Janet Jackson. She's also all over my tapes. I listen to Janet almost every single night!'

She hopes to finally meet the Supreme at the ceremony.

#boom

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

Stevie Nicks just did an interview with Rolling Stone about her induction and the interviewer was asking her about the other band that are in her induction class and visibly left out Janet but Ms. Stevie Nicks was not having it...saying..

'Im a huge fan of Janet Jackson. She's also all over my tapes. I listen to Janet almost every single night!'

#boom

Nice Stevie ^_^ 

5 hours ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

#boom

come through......... another one.... A Jackson Nicks production...."you ready white witch?   been ready black queen...let's do it" :excited:

8 hours ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

#boom

I’m here for it. I just know that they’re coordinating their outfits. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2