Janet Jackson Nominated for R&R Hall of Fame 2019 class

Bailey

2 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

*sigh*

Stevie Nicks is already in with her group Fleetwood Mac.  :rolleyes:

Chaka was nominated solo and now she's included with Rufus.  They can't make up their minds about her. :rolleyes:

Janet's comp is Stevie Nicks.  There is at least one woman that gets inducted. -_-

They also induct a person of color lately rap groups and of the list the highest contender as a person of color is Janet and bare in mind this is the year of the meToo movement so inducting only one woman isn’t a good look. Besides if what you’re saying is true that Janet’s competition is Stevie nicks then we can stop talking now Janet won’t be inducted Stevie Nicks will be guaranteed 

okay I just got done talking with the White people -_-  Def Leppard, Rage Against the Machine, The Cure, Stevie Nick(maybe) they say she's already in with Fleetwood Mack are going in and they said Janet Jackson too....but JOhn Prine no, he's more country, MC5 is a barely heard of band even the white folks didn't know ....that's all I have right now -_- 

5 hours ago, Game For Now said:

In 2018 they inducted two women of color, Nina Simone & Sister Rosetta Tharpe

They were in because the hall was coerced into inducting them. They literally should've been the first inductees.

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Janet's is most likely gonna get in this time. Rock Hall just tweeted and @ her name!!!

JoeJoe, they've done this for all the nominees. :sigh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

I think Stevie Nicks is the shoe in here. Will they induct two women at the same time? 

Either they’ll do one woman and the rest men or follow the same formula as last year. Two women and four men/male bands. No way they can’t induct at least one woman though. In this #MeToo era, the backlash would be swift. This actually would be the best time to induct two women at once due to the social climate we’re in tbh.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

I think Stevie Nicks is the shoe in here. Will they induct two women at the same time? 

I believe this is Janet’s best shot yet it’s always a “token” inductee so as not to appear racist and again Janet is the highest profile black on this ballot I’m not strongly confident but I will say Janet’s true competition is whose black on the ballot and how does she stack up against them there’s no denying Janet stands above any black act currently nominated if this breaks down to one woman that’s gonna be Stevie Nicks who deserves it too but throw in some meToo movement Janet finally gets in

• Upvote 2

On 10/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, Mr. Wonder said:
On 10/12/2018 at 4:35 PM, Mr. Wonder said:

You answered the question in a context that I didn't ask. Also, I believe Nina and Rosetta were inducted as "early influencers". 

We know.

They were in because the hall was coerced into inducting them. They literally should've been the first inductees.

JoeJoe, they've done this for all the nominees. :sigh:

I ain't worried about nobody who's over 30 and has a career at TARGET with no retirement plan. Anyway I said what I said cause they've never tweeted her name before hoe so don't come at me before I do some dragging like I did you on twitter a short while ago-_- 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

I ain't worried about nobody who's over 30 and has a career at TARGET with no retirement plan. Anyway I said what I said cause they've never tweeted her name before hoe so don't come at me before I do some dragging like I did you on twitter a short while ago-_- 

Okay dear. >_<

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2018 at 8:49 AM, John.... said:

:clapping:

well the campaign worked, best news Ive heard all week. I do believe she is in the best position for induction now more than ever before but let's look at the other nominees

15 artists, 9 of which have been nominated before

The full list of nominees:

• Def Leppard
  • Devo
  • Janet Jackson
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Roxy Music
  • Stevie Nicks
  • The Cure
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Rufus & Chaka Khan
  • The Zombies

there all set

Janet is in 6th place in the online votes, and I think this will be her year. Todd Rundgren and The Zombies have both be eligible for induction for well over 20 years at this point and still haven't been inducted. I think Def Leppard and The Cure will be inducted. Stevie is probably the shoe in at this point. LL has been eligible since 2010. He recently received the Kennedy Center Honors, so I think he has a really good chance. 

• Like 1