Mariah Carey Releases New Album “Caution” Slated for 11/16 Release

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

She’s 50+

C’mon people ??‍♂️

I know that but what I guess Im saying is after the amount of effort that went into the video and promo I think she wanted it to be a hit. At this point I will accept great Janet hit or not but Im asking will Janet continue to put that level of effort into her art when it wont chart well? :unsure: 

The days of older acts having hits like Cher did w/ "Do You Believe" (1999) and Aretha Franklin did w/ "A Rose Is Still A Rose" (1998) are gone. Streaming done kill't dat chance for da elder. A new age, day and time. Yall expect too much when the odds are (clearly) already set in stone.  Janet's in her 50s..there wont be anymore "hits".. Stop being hopeful and foolish ppl.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

The days of older acts having hits like Cher did w/ "Do You Believe" (1999) and Aretha Franklin did w/ "A Rose Is Still A Rose" (1998) are gone. Streaming done kill't dat chance for da elder. A new age, day and time. Yall expect too much when the odds are (clearly) already set in stone.  Janet's in her 50s..there wont be anymore "hits".. Stop being hopeful and foolish ppl.

okay daddy I hear you  -_-  ....oh well it was fun while it was fun and she did get a number 1 dance club out of it.......fuck streaming <_< well that kinda lifts a weight off my shoulders like as long as we like it that's all that matters.....you can keep this post as a receipt, the day a die hard gave up on hits for Janet :cry:  BUT Im holding out for R&R induction alllllll day :filenails:

34 minutes ago, John.... said:

I know that but what I guess Im saying is after the amount of effort that went into the video and promo I think she wanted it to be a hit. At this point I will accept great Janet hit or not but Im asking will Janet continue to put that level of effort into her art when it wont chart well? :unsure: 

Of course Janet wants her singles to perform well but I don’t think she’s stupid. 

9 minutes ago, John.... said:

okay daddy I hear you  -_-  ....oh well it was fun while it was fun and she did get a number 1 dance club out of it.......fuck streaming <_< well that kinda lifts a weight off my shoulders like as long as we like it that's all that matters.....you can keep this post as a receipt, the day a die hard gave up on hits for Janet :cry:  BUT Im holding out for R&R induction alllllll day :filenails:

8 minutes ago, John.... said:

well Mariah is doomed, she better dust off them Christmas jingles ....and Madonna is headed for straight up dust :coffee:

She was doomed since pre-TEOM... and her trying to recreate that moment. 

She still talks about it... it gives her “goosebumps”. Bye Mariah.. 

39 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Of course Janet wants her singles to perform well but I don’t think she’s stupid. 

She was doomed since pre-TEOM... and her trying to recreate that moment. 

:blink: she is crazy

1 hour ago, bu. said:

Please refrain from calling people that suffer bipolar crazy. We don’t need that crazy label on top of all the other stuff we go through. Thanks x

Please understand that the comment was not in reference to any disorder that she has, nor was that implied I can see where you may have thought that, as a matter of fact I forgot she was bipolar until you mentioned it here. So to be clear here, the comment was a response to the idea that she gets "goosebumps" attempting to recreate the success of a previous project, maybe a better term for it would be ridiculous. You're welcome x

6 minutes ago, John.... said:

Please understand that the comment was not in reference to any disorder that she has, nor was that implied I can see where you may have thought that, as a matter of fact I forgot she was bipolar until you mentioned it here. So to be clear here, the comment was a response to the idea that she gets "goosebumps" attempting to recreate the success of a previous project, maybe a better term for it would be ridiculous. You're welcome x

But that’s not what was said. She said she gets goosebumps thinking about We Belong Together it’s success because it came at a pivotal moment in her career. She did not say she gets goosebumps attempting to recreate it. Don’t listen to Game when he talks about artists that aren’t Janet, Justin or Pink. So your comment was still wrong. Research then comment. Thanks x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bu. said:

But that’s not what was said. She said she gets goosebumps thinking about We Belong Together it’s success because it came at a pivotal moment in her career. She did not say she gets goosebumps attempting to recreate it. Don’t listen to Game when he talks about artists that aren’t Janet, Justin or Pink. So your comment was still wrong. Research then comment. Thanks x

I dont require research I was commenting within the context of what Game said, whether it was correct or not is no longer the issue here. What is of issue, is this is a message board, not a high institutional think tank, that being said, what was commented on Mariah and the continued efforts on her part to make music still stands. Without any research I can say her latest releases have been trash, without research I can say  she wont be getting any hits anytime soon, without research I can also say I dont really care about Mariah Carey. Again You're Welcome x

33 minutes ago, John.... said:

I dont require research I was commenting within the context of what Game said, whether it was correct or not is no longer the issue here. What is of issue, is this is a message board, not a high institutional think tank, that being said, what was commented on Mariah and the continued efforts on her part to make music still stands. Without any research I can say her latest releases have been trash, without research I can say  she wont be getting any hits anytime soon, without research I can also say I dont really care about Mariah Carey. Again You're Welcome x

Games context was wrong ergo so was your comment. We all know she isn’t getting a hit except the Christmas song. Yet she’s still releasing music for her fans. Just like Janet. You care enough to comment x

3 hours ago, bu. said:

Games context was wrong ergo so was your comment. We all know she isn’t getting a hit except the Christmas song. Yet she’s still releasing music for her fans. Just like Janet. You care enough to comment x

If commenting is caring, by that definition we all care because that doesnt stop any of us from adding our two cents good sis x :rolleyes:

On 11/2/2018 at 5:02 PM, Game For Now said:

5 hours ago, bu. said:

She said she gets goosebumps thinking about We Belong Together it’s success because it came at a pivotal moment in her career. 

I wasn’t too far off hubbie ??‍♂️ 

My context wasn’t wrong. I didn’t define what “it” was. 

I agree with Bu. I sincerely commend Mariah to come out and talk about her mental illness and she probably put it off for years because people called her “crazy” without realizing what she was going through and she was probably afraid and rightfully so, of the stigma attached to it. I don’t see anything crazy about her thinking about a pivotal moment in her career. Or maybe I’m crazy because I can think of certain moments in my own career that mean more to me than most. 

16 minutes ago, Angela said:

I agree with Bu. I sincerely commend Mariah to come out and talk about her mental illness and she probably put it off for years because people called her “crazy” without realizing what she was going through and she was probably afraid and rightfully so, of the stigma attached to it. I don’t see anything crazy about her thinking about a pivotal moment in her career. Or maybe I’m crazy because I can think of certain moments in my own career that mean more to me than most. 

I do not and have not objected to what you have spoken on, what I have said and will continue to do so, is the high minded idea that Mariah at this moment with her music can "recreate" a previous success, and my statement within that context was limited to that and only that. As Game brought it up, also AGAIN, I said crazy not in any context about her being mentally ill and or bipolar, because I forgot that even came out, I am NOT a Mariah Carey diehard, I am a Janet Jackson diehard, and with as much as Mariah does share, I wouldnt be able to keep up with her world because she shares a lot. Now on to mental illness, there is not a single word you spoke on, that I do not have agreement on, as a Black gay man in therapy who openly talks about my own struggles with fear, and anxiety, please , and I say this with the utmost sincerity to you, Angie, because you are who you are, let's not take "sides" too much of that will be seen in less than 24 hours, let's try to understand one another, and one last note, to keep the convo going I asked Bu, how are you? and I meant it, he had no problem commenting back every single time until the olive branch came to the table, another point Ive brought up with you before, I am the first to say hey, talk to me, if you thought I was intending to be offensive, I was not, and even go so far as to admit I can see where you may have thought that.

or you could just say I dont care for Bailey....then I know what time it is, aside from the fact I already feel its half an hour pass giving a damn and Im already late :filenails: BUT as much as I believe you could care less, much as Bu did not respond to the olive branch, maybe you will too.....its life, some people just dont mix at 43 I realize a great deal more. Ironically in my own 'True Me" thread I readily admit Black women have taught me the most in this life, and I am humbled .....broken of any exterior "traits" that may appear "good" I am humbled and taught by black women that teach me to be strong and open to learning what is said. I will say I believe you simply do not care for me and or understand me, that is a conversation for another time, that is if you decide its worth your time, but again please, good sista, dont sleep on me :filenails: 

9 hours ago, Angela said:

• 2 weeks later...