Mariah Carey Releases New Album “Caution” Slated for 11/16 Release

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

9 hours ago, bu. said:

I honestly love the whole album although One Mo Gen is probably my least fave. It’s a short album which I think was a great move. Giving Me Life is definitely a favourite. I’m not sure if you’re a rap fan but Slick Rick came out of hiding to rap on it haha

Love slick Rick children’s story is still a bop

On 11/18/2018 at 5:29 PM, John.... said:

well I would think around the holidays her presence will boost due to her Christmas music being so ubiquitous during the season. So let me ask this, I'm assuming you have heard the entire album, you tell me what you loved hearing and I'll give it a listen :good: 

Have you heard any of the singles? If not try GTFO and The Distance. If you like those get into 8th Grade and Stay Long Love You. ❄️

• Like 1

I dont understand the slander, at this point most artists who aren't Adele or Taylor Swift are having a hard time selling, especially when one takes into account how youth driven sales are. I wouldnt discount anyone that can comeback from all Mariah has had to deal with in her professional and personal life. I also wouldn't sit and bask in anyone's "failure" because there's something called karma, and she's a bitch #justsaying :coffee:

5 minutes ago, John.... said:

I dont understand the slander, at this point most artists who aren't Adele or Taylor Swift are having a hard time selling, especially when one takes into account how youth driven sales are. I wouldnt discount anyone that can comeback from all Mariah has had to deal with in her professional and personal life. I also wouldn't sit and bask in anyone's "failure" because there's something called karma, and she's a bitch #justsaying :coffee:

It’s Game. There’s a reason lame rhymes with his name. :shifty:. He has the same standards for all artists and doesn’t take varying factors into the equation. Apparently she should be performing the same way these young girls are these days. 

It’s her most critically acclaimed album so far and she’s gotten nothing but praise. That’s a win for someone that’s been a punching bag for the last few years because they can’t sing like they used to.

5 minutes ago, bu. said:

It’s Game. There’s a reason lame rhymes with his name. :shifty:. He has the same standards for all artists and doesn’t take varying factors into the equation. Apparently she should be performing the same way these young girls are these days. 

It’s her most critically acclaimed album so far and she’s gotten nothing but praise. That’s a win for someone that’s been a punching bag for the last few years because they can’t sing like they used to.

I say ignore the naysayers, because there's always someone somewhere with something negative to say. As a diehard of another diva about to board a cruise ship for coins :unsure: At least the lambs have an album they can enjoy. I always say no matter if it sells or not having an artist put out quality music you can enjoy as a fan is the best

4 minutes ago, John.... said:

I say ignore the naysayers, because there's always someone somewhere with something negative to say. As a diehard of another diva about to board a cruise ship for coins :unsure: At least the lambs have an album they can enjoy. I always say no matter if it sells or not having an artist put out quality music you can enjoy as a fan is the best

There’s comes an age when you realise it (sales and fanfare) ultimately doesn’t matter. It still does for my man Game. I guess I’m the mature one in the faux relationship. 

As for Janet - she’ll release eventually. I don’t think it’ll take as long as Unbreakable. It’s coming. I feel like it’s sooner than we think too otherwise Made For A Quick Buck wouldn’t have happened. There’s got to be a reason she’s been buying these awards. She wants her name out there because something is coming and not just an ocean tour haha. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John.... said:

At least top Billboard 200 but She can’t. It’s a flop. 50k is pathetic 

2 hours ago, bu. said:

What factors aren’t I taking into account? Her promo tour and Vegas act?

2 hours ago, John.... said:

The lamb can have this album. It’s all they have. Unbreakable was three years ago and is better than Mariah has ever done

2 hours ago, bu. said:

I guess I’m the mature one in the faux relationship. 

Faux :umm: 

7 hours ago, Game For Now said:

At least top Billboard 200 but She can’t. It’s a flop. 50k is pathetic 

What factors aren’t I taking into account? Her promo tour and Vegas act?

The lamb can have this album. It’s all they have. Unbreakable was three years ago and is better than Mariah has ever done

Faux :umm: 

“Better than Mariah has ever done” - and there we have it. You’re deluded :lmao: 

I don't know why most ppl are cumming all over this album. I like it but it's pretty one note and it also feels like a Memoirs 2.0 with less "ratchet" production/lyrics. 

With that said, 8th grade when carcass used to be popular is my fav along with The Distance from hot 100 . It's solid but nothing to write home about. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

A lamb speaking of being deluded :lmao: icannot 

“gUTtEr iS nUmBA uN oN iTuNe” < meanwhile her new album could peak on iTunes 

You’ve been deluded with other artists for years. It’s almost like an illness. 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:38 AM, Utopia said:

I don't know why most ppl are cumming all over this album. I like it but it's pretty one note and it also feels like a Memoirs 2.0 with less "ratchet" production/lyrics. 

With that said, 8th grade when carcass used to be popular is my fav along with The Distance from hot 100 . It's solid but nothing to write home about. 

I agree, it's definitely been overpraised. I just think people aren't used to such a tight, short Mimi album. nn @ the distance shade.

So here’s my review of the album on my blog!!! Feel free to check it out!!! Honestly, I think it’s one of her best not just because of how short the album is, but because there’s no room for filler and every track is pretty freakin solidly produced; not to mention she’s not trying too hard to be trendy like her last few albums! I listened to MIAMTEC a few days ago and this album is SOOOOOOO much stronger; especially lyrically and vocally! 🙂

“Caution” Review

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2018 at 2:37 PM, Lenzo88 said:

So here’s my review of the album on my blog!!! Feel free to check it out!!! Honestly, I think it’s one of her best not just because of how short the album is, but because there’s no room for filler and every track is pretty freakin solidly produced; not to mention she’s not trying too hard to be trendy like her last few albums! I listened to MIAMTEC a few days ago and this album is SOOOOOOO much stronger; especially lyrically and vocally! 🙂

“Caution” Review

I don’t click lanks. 

I do appreciate her adjusting her voice to keys she can sing live in. It almost reminds me of what she tried to do with Charmbracelet but it was heavy handed and uneven vocally.