Janet Named the 2018 MTV EMA Global Icon!!

wayneashleymusic

On 10/17/2018 at 11:51 AM, Tituba said:

Who would have thought considering that Janet is a local sensation... :rolleyes:

Anywho, sis is slaying these icon awards. So happy we get to see her again. She really is spoiling us...love it!

I think that Janet might be "local" everywhere. It would explain why everyone has her name in their mouths. I love that her global influence is being confirmed with this reward.

I hate to insert myself into such an abysmal argument, but I believe that Janet's demographic has expanded itself slightly. I mean with all the festivals, the social media viral video and the Daddy Yankee feature (that Latin market is something serious)....she had to have gained some new fans and revived some fairweather ones.

I mean I could be wrong but wouldn't that render it impossible to know her demographic as of now? :unsure: We haven't seen her promote this heavy since 20YO and she was battling a Network so she had to go hard in the paint. It would be in Janet's best interest to make this more calculated vs. just putting an album out now because it's not going to sell anyway. We know she won't do Adele numbers or Drake numbers but if she can do more than her last album...that's a win.

17 hours ago, Tituba said:

I hate to insert myself into such an abysmal argument, but I believe that Janet's demographic has expanded itself slightly. I mean with all the festivals, the social media viral video and the Daddy Yankee feature (that Latin market is something serious)....she had to have gained some new fans and revived some fairweather ones.

I mean I could be wrong but wouldn't that render it impossible to know her demographic as of now? :unsure: We haven't seen her promote this heavy since 20YO and she was battling a Network so she had to go hard in the paint. It would be in Janet's best interest to make this more calculated vs. just putting an album out now because it's not going to sell anyway. We know she won't do Adele numbers or Drake numbers but if she can do more than her last album...that's a win.

The only part that’s worth paying attention to is the fact that you implied it will be an album 

On 10/20/2018 at 4:11 PM, Tituba said:

I felt what you said was worth hearing in every part -_-

59 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Her Japanese fans have been so loyal, I feel another Asian crossover hit is in order. We haven't had one since Ask For More. 

If you ignore Feedback which hit #1 in Japan :umm: 

Ask For More isn’t an Asian Crossover :umm: and it wasn’t charting 

It was just remixed by an Asian artist for Pepsi’s Asian market 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Logically that should follow. But we can't rely on Janet and her team to make sound decisions. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

European dates are being released right after I've been hearing. Probably Monday/Tuesday.

It's the only logical thing as well. EMAs reach hundreds of millions of viewers and Europe is watching. ?

• Upvote 1

Honestly I can’t wait!!! Ya’ll better b ready to share and spread that performance around when it makes its way online. I feel like big surprises will b happening during this supposedly epic performance! Imagine if she performed “Night” mixed with “Together Again” and “Made For Now”???! I’d die happily! ??

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Logically that should follow. But we can't rely on Janet and her team to make sound decisions. 

7 hours ago, Tituba said:

Logic? Janet?

Chile

Both of y'all gon quit playing in Janet's face 

roger_zps0rudrpxd

8 hours ago, Jakob said:

European dates are being released right after I've been hearing. Probably Monday/Tuesday.

It's the only logical thing as well. EMAs reach hundreds of millions of viewers and Europe is watching. ?

Oh it's gonna happen! Janet knows she fucked up abandoning her international fans for what, almost 8yrs now? I know her and her team ain't that stupid. Plus she's older so i'm sure she see's that her and Madonna are pretty much the only older acts that can still sell out arenas and stadiums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Both of y'all gon quit playing in Janet's face 

roger_zps0rudrpxd

Oh it's gonna happen! Janet knows she fucked up abandoning her international fans for what, almost 8yrs now? I know her and her team ain't that stupid. Plus she's older so i'm sure she see's that her and Madonna are pretty much the only older acts that can still sell out arenas and stadiums.

It’s no disrespect to Janet literally none, but Janet didn’t just “abandon” her international fans. She had to build herself back up amongst the international base - especially to do a large scale arena tour. Now we might see, & MAYBE could have always, seen her do “hot spots”. 

A couple dates in London, do MAYBE Paris. Hit Japan if she can. Janet would love to have the international dollar as much as the American dollar but I don’t believe the sales were really there. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

It’s no disrespect to Janet literally none, but Janet didn’t just “abandon” her international fans. She had to build herself back up amongst the international base - especially to do a large scale arena tour. Now we might see, & MAYBE could have always, seen her do “hot spots”. 

A couple dates in London, do MAYBE Paris. Hit Japan if she can. Janet would love to have the international dollar as much as the American dollar but I don’t believe the sales were really there. 

Well, I remember most dates of the Unbreakable Tour sold well in Europe. And that without any radio/tv promotion! 

She might play some smaller venues here and there (because apparently the tour is kicking off in February and enough tickets need to be sold) but she could and should easily do at least 10-15 shows.

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Her international tour needs to be All small venues for it to work in Europe 

Because she is touring here in February? Yes. If Janet was taking about 6 months to sell tickets she could've go with bigger venues.

But hey, it's Janet. She might announce some bigger venues as well. 

6 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

But she hasn’t built herself back up here yet? The last thing she did here was the tank top and jeans tour in 2011. 

8 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

That never happened

1 hour ago, bu. said:

But she hasn’t built herself back up here yet? The last thing she did here was the tank top and jeans tour in 2011. 

Exactly. Europe was ready for her in 2015 but it didn't happen and that time she pissed them off really bad. I've never heard so many people bashing her and stop being fans cause they were heartbroken. Hopefully they're over it now.

8 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

That never happened

Exactly. Europe was ready for her in 2015 but it didn't happen and that time she pissed them off really bad. I've never heard so many people bashing her and stop being fans cause they were heartbroken. Hopefully they're over it now.

Even I’m questioning buying tickets and I’ve been a fan for almost 30 years

5 minutes ago, bu. said:

Even I’m questioning buying tickets and I’ve been a fan for almost 30 years

and that's sad but i'd say buy them. She has no reason to cancel this time plus she's getting older. Her next tour she'll probably be 60 and definitely won't have the energy or dance like she is now

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

and that's sad but i'd say buy them. She has no reason to cancel this time plus she's getting older. Her next tour she'll probably be 60 and definitely won't have the energy or dance like she is now

Yeah that’s true. Part of my issue though is that last time I was front row right in front of the stage. I don’t know if i’ll Get tickets that good again