Janet Named the 2018 MTV EMA Global Icon!!

wayneashleymusic

2 hours ago, John.... said:

So in some comments (I know Game) I read someone said it was like the 2 millionth award for Janet they saw this year and I thought maybe she should present an award to someone or do something different yet still high profile

“The Janet Jackson award for Slaying goes to...........Janet Jackson!”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, John.... said:

So in some comments (I know Game) I read someone said it was like the 2 millionth award for Janet they saw this year and I thought maybe she should present an award to someone or do something different yet still high profile

They could name an award after her, The Janet Jackson Dance Award or whatever and present it to one of her lessers like Chris Brown or Jason Derulo

1 hour ago, EphraimAdamz said:

They could name an award after her, The Janet Jackson Dance Award or whatever and present it to one of her lessers like Chris Brown or Jason Derulo

:lmao: fuck that shit

5 hours ago, John.... said:

Bc everyone remembers presenters ??‍♂️ 

She shouldn’t present shit. That’s what Chris Brown & Jason Derulo is for. The Ciara and Missy.

Janet is a job creator... taking jobs from the irrelevant would be stupid

7 hours ago, John.... said:

ouch.....I think the situation is more complicated, she already messed up with Europe, fixing that situation is NOT going to be easy, and considering how Live Nation said she was being very ambitious about Europe, I read one analysis that said why so many dates ?during Unbreakable, she had stops planned she never did before. Janet cannot tour Europe and sell out, she just isnt there, she can accept doing select small venues

Her team totally wasted a great oppurtunity, but... I'm hearing that dates are still in the process of being finalized.

Most European shows for Unbreakable (20 I believe) sold FINE and that without big promotion.

Janet could announce the European leg like in a few weeks but deciding to go to smaller venues. Or she is waiting to release her new album first early 2019 and then touring.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Her team totally wasted a great oppurtunity, but... I'm hearing that dates are still in the process of being finalized.

Most European shows for Unbreakable (20 I believe) sold FINE and that without big promotion.

Janet could announce the European leg like in a few weeks but deciding to go to smaller venues. Or she is waiting to release her new album first early 2019 and then touring.

Where are you hearing this???

Ugh...Mutha gives me such anxiety 

Yall kills me..!!!!??Since like the RockW tour (10 years ago)  her business affairs have been quite unconventional..and decision making has lacked logic so why do you all still EXPECT certain moves and/or act surprised when those things arent done? ? Hello! Its Janet! She's going on year 11 of doing shit like this -her way. Hell, even w/this era ....she's been winging it!!!!! The way she's been juss repeatedly picking up and tossing the SOTW tour like its a toy ? ? Im so glad i dont obsess myself w/ her career moves anymore ...yall been sounding like a broken record the past decade, yall should be use to Janets "ways" by now..Im not holding my breath on the Europe thing cus we all know Janet can get comfy at home with lil Eissa and end up calling her team to cancel any of idea of a Europe leg. Its only and always one phone call away lol...so with Janet i juss always wish her well and keep it moving cus she aint bout to give me grey hairs..yall can keep staying on that train i got off that mf ages ago 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Where are you hearing this???

Ugh...Mutha gives me such anxiety 

It's several sources, but this one in particular works at a European label and apparently they received a list of dates. Thats just one source of course but there are more. 

The big question here is WHEN the announcement will take place.

25 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Yall kills me..!!!!??Since like the RockW tour (10 years ago)  her business affairs have been quite unconventional..and decision making has lacked logic so why do you all still EXPECT certain moves and/or act surprised when those things arent done? ? Hello! Its Janet! She's going on year 11 of doing shit like this -her way. Hell, even w/this era ....she's been winging it!!!!! The way she's been juss repeatedly picking up and tossing the SOTW tour like its a toy ? ? Im so glad i dont obsess myself w/ her career moves anymore ...yall all been sounding like a broken record the past decade, yall should be use to Janets "ways" by now..Im not holding my breath on the Europe thing cus we all know Janet can get comfy at home with lil Eissa and end up calling her team to cancel any of idea of a Europe leg. Its only and always one phone call away lol...so with Janet i juss always wish her well and keep it moving cus she aint bout to give me grey hairs..yall can keep staying on that train i got off that mf ages ago 

well I can only talk as a European fan who hasn't seen her here...I feel its somewhat justified. It hard watching the SOTW slayage online and thinking cant this bitch slay us too?

• Upvote 2

I do sympathize w/ you fans that are abroad especially in Europe cus Janet hasnt fucked with you all in 7 years...but it reminds me of that time when MJ stopped touring in America and only was interested in touring overseas. Not to say thats a trade off but i guess artists have certain reasons as to why they arent interested in touring certain places whether it be bad for business or more personal reasons... We will never know.

5 hours ago, Jakob said:

My question then for you is do you believe or feel Janet can do the dates she had before or does Europe require a different approach?

9 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

I do sympathize w/ you fans that are abroad especially in Europe cus Janet hasnt fucked with you all in 7 years...but it reminds me of that time when MJ stopped touring in America and only was interested in touring overseas...hell, you all in Europe was gonna get his "This Is It" show all to yourselves. Not to say thats a trade off but i guess artists have certain reasons on why that wont and/or interested in touring certain places whether it be bad for business or more personal reasons... We will never know.

In fact, the Netherlands haven't seen Janet here since The Velvet Rope... Which is 20 years ago! I'm from the Netherlands by the way.

But, here's the thing: Janet kicked off that tour in Europe. She was huuuuge in Europe back in the day. Due to circumstances (All For You being cancelled due to 9/11; Unbreakable being cancelled because of her pregnancy) she hasn't been her for a dammn long time. Okay, Number Ones back in '11. But there wasn't big promotion for that tour and it was basically just for the die-hard fans.

I think that's the reason. When Unbreakable was postponed she tweeted that she was gonna reschedule; two months ago Jan spoke about touring Europe with SOTW. She definitely wants to do it.

13 minutes ago, John.... said:

My question then for you is do you believe or feel Janet can do the dates she had before or does Europe require a different approach?

Yes, she can. 

If the rumors are true and Janet is touring in February I would say 'tour smaller venues'. Just in case.

But if she's taking about 6 months to sell tickets first and then tour I would say: do the same kind of venues you were planning for Unbreakable. The 2016 tour had very little promotion but sold well. Janet has a good team right now. Promotion for the upcoming album will be better than with the Unbreakable album. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Yes, she can. 

If the rumors are true and Janet is touring in February I would say 'tour smaller venues'. Just in case.

But if she's taking about 6 months to sell tickets first and then tour I would say: do the same kind of venues you were planning for Unbreakable. The 2016 tour had very little promotion but sold well. Janet has a good team right now. Promotion for the upcoming album will be better than with the Unbreakable album. 

well i hope the dates for Europe are announced soon, you guys have been through a lot and hopefully the tour will be a blast

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

I do sympathize w/ you fans that are abroad especially in Europe cus Janet hasnt fucked with you all in 7 years...but it reminds me of that time when MJ stopped touring in America and only was interested in touring overseas. Not to say thats a trade off but i guess artists have certain reasons as to why they arent interested in touring certain places whether it be bad for business or more personal reasons... We will never know.

He stopped touring in America bc he’s a pedophile 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Jakob said:

sure damn did. Even if the dates are still being finalized she could've at least announced the tour period to let her fans and the general public know she was coming. Especially while the slayage was still fresh on their minds.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, John.... said:

ouch.....I think the situation is more complicated, she already messed up with Europe, fixing that situation is NOT going to be easy, and considering how Live Nation said she was being very ambitious about Europe, I read one analysis that said why so many dates ?during Unbreakable, she had stops planned she never did before. Janet cannot tour Europe and sell out, she just isnt there, she can accept doing select small venues

I don't see why she wouldn't do theaters in Europe. It's not like SOTW has some huge production that would be too big or expensive for a smaller stage. Hell, even Kylie did some music halls and theaters in Europe this year. The longer Janet waits, the more her touring power wanes, but it's good to see her at least getting her name out there with some promo.

3 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

sure damn did. Even if the dates are still being finalized she could've at least announced the tour period to let her fans and the general public know she was coming. Especially while the slayage was still fresh on their minds.

True, but as fans we kinda knew that she was coming because she said so in August & September and several fan groups shared that quote. 

And the official announcement should be coming from LiveNation and the promoters.

6 hours ago, Jakob said:

In fact, the Netherlands haven't seen Janet here since The Velvet Rope... Which is 20 years ago! I'm from the Netherlands by the way.

But, here's the thing: Janet kicked off that tour in Europe. She was huuuuge in Europe back in the day. Due to circumstances (All For You being cancelled due to 9/11; Unbreakable being cancelled because of her pregnancy) she hasn't been her for a dammn long time. Okay, Number Ones back in '11. But there wasn't big promotion for that tour and it was basically just for the die-hard fans.

I think that's the reason. When Unbreakable was postponed she tweeted that she was gonna reschedule; two months ago Jan spoke about touring Europe with SOTW. She definitely wants to do it.

Im very aware of how big TVR tour was in Europe. It was VERY successful. I still look at TVR tour as being Europe's baby cus i remember all the coverage about her kicking off her tour there which is why i find it odd that she doesnt seem to wanna cater to Europe much since then (well outside of the circumstances surrounding 9/11). Im hopeful for Europe but im not gonna be surprised if it doesnt happen. How many things have Janet wanted to do, had a desire for and/or said she was gonna do..and it never seen the light of day? Exactly 

5 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I don't see why she wouldn't do theaters in Europe. It's not like SOTW has some huge production that would be too big or expensive for a smaller stage. Hell, even Kylie did some music halls and theaters in Europe this year. The longer Janet waits, the more her touring power wanes, but it's good to see her at least getting her name out there with some promo.

I said before that I work at concert venues in London and every time I assess the stage, all I'm thinking is "would there be a enough space for the strobe box?" ?