Janet Named the 2018 MTV EMA Global Icon!!

wayneashleymusic

2 hours ago, bu. said:

But she hasn’t built herself back up here yet? The last thing she did here was the tank top and jeans tour in 2011. 

What she needs is promotion. And performing at the EMAs is literally the smartest thing for her to do. Millions of people are watching. There wasn't big promotion like this with the Number Ones Tour or Unbreakable Tour.

Jan could sell out bigger venues with this kind of promotion. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bu. said:

Yeah that’s true. Part of my issue though is that last time I was front row right in front of the stage. I don’t know if i’ll Get tickets that good again

The closest i've seen Janet was when I was about 5 rows back at a small venue but I was on the right side of the floor. We did sneak right up to the front and stood up and watched her for a little. The best view i've had was 9 rows back right in the middle at her show in Fresno where I met up with another Janfam member from the boards. Next show i'm definitely getting front row.

3 minutes ago, Dal said:

I don’t have mtv so how do I get to watch this live?

get mtv lol. JK but you might be able to get a live stream from twitter if they broadcast it there. Other than that you may have to subscribe to a streaming service or do a 30 day free trial. I'm gonna miss it cause i'll be at work but i'm sure i'll see it online somewhere. Even youtube

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jakob said:

What she needs is promotion. And performing at the EMAs is literally the smartest thing for her to do. Millions of people are watching. There wasn't big promotion like this with the Number Ones Tour or Unbreakable Tour.

Jan could sell out bigger venues with this kind of promotion. 

It’s good promo but it definitely shouldn’t be her only promo for the tour. She’d really benefit from going traditional. Do a few local interviews etc like she did in America. It’s the perfect season too because it’s talk show season. Go on Graham Norton, or Jonathon Ross etc. 

She sold decent for Unbreakable without anything. With that little extra push she could do so respectably well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bu. said:

It’s good promo but it definitely shouldn’t be her only promo for the tour. She’d really benefit from going traditional. Do a few local interviews etc like she did in America. It’s the perfect season too because it’s talk show season. Go on Graham Norton, or Jonathon Ross etc. 

She sold decent for Unbreakable without anything. With that little extra push she could do so respectably well. 

Of course. She should do interviews as well but for now the EMAs are a great way to kick off promotion. Considering that the tour will officially be announced really soon. 

34 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

get mtv lol. JK but you might be able to get a live stream from twitter if they broadcast it there. Other than that you may have to subscribe to a streaming service or do a 30 day free trial. I'm gonna miss it cause i'll be at work but i'm sure i'll see it online somewhere. Even youtube

I figured it out.. Mtvema.com/live

good lookin out tho! ?? 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

i'm disgusted! lol She gonna look at that when she get home and she gonna get on their asses like she did the 20 Y.O. dancers :lol: 

I hope so, esp if she's taking the tour to Europe. They're gonna have to tighten up that choreo cuz for Janet to still be out-dancing them at this stage is embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

I hope so, esp if she's taking the tour to Europe. They're gonna have to tighten up that choreo cuz for Janet to still be out-dancing them at this stage is embarrassing. 

Part of it makes me glad that Janet is really pulling her weight though.

I liked it, not loved it, with that much space you gotta fill it, like the BBMAs that felt like she took over the stage, here it was just more stage than her. But let's keep it cute, the costumes were really intricate, the emphasis on MFN was cool, and I thought the opening was cool too

8 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Fair, but maybe I should rephrase. She had to build up her touring brand & trust, in general. Just show that she will and does commit to days and pulling it off. 

Everything will be interesting to see. 

she has some issues in those markets because she didnt invest in them as heavily as she should have during her peak years. Now I would advise her team to seek out small venues and see what the demand comes out like with a few expanded venues. In short, Janet has a lot to rebuild in Europe and we all know this, its just sad things went the way they did she should be a global brand that easily sells

5 hours ago, bu. said:

I think respectably well is about all one can expect trying Europe at this time, aim for that but definitely do Europe :lol: it may be 5000 seat venues but do it anyway :coffee: