Janet Named the 2018 MTV EMA Global Icon!!

wayneashleymusic

19 hours ago, vibeology said:

I said before that I work at concert venues in London and every time I assess the stage, all I'm thinking is "would there be a enough space for the strobe box?" ?

Well... Janet was suppose to play these big venues in 2016 and Unbreakable wasn't a big production either. It's no issue.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:08 AM, Game For Now said:

:lmao: fuck that shit

Bc everyone remembers presenters ??‍♂️ 

She shouldn’t present shit. That’s what Chris Brown & Jason Derulo is for. The Ciara and Missy.

Janet is a job creator... taking jobs from the irrelevant would be stupid

I see your angle but the angle I was going for is the one where Janet, in her humility, has paid honor to other artists like Aretha Franklin, Anita Baker, Michael Jackson. It's all PR having Janet honor the greats is part of being great. I do see your point too though.....I guess there may be a need to switch up the PR game

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, janetDAYZ said:

Yall kills me..!!!!??Since like the RockW tour (10 years ago)  her business affairs have been quite unconventional..and decision making has lacked logic so why do you all still EXPECT certain moves and/or act surprised when those things arent done? ? Hello! Its Janet! She's going on year 11 of doing shit like this -her way. Hell, even w/this era ....she's been winging it!!!!! The way she's been juss repeatedly picking up and tossing the SOTW tour like its a toy ? ? Im so glad i dont obsess myself w/ her career moves anymore ...yall been sounding like a broken record the past decade, yall should be use to Janets "ways" by now..Im not holding my breath on the Europe thing cus we all know Janet can get comfy at home with lil Eissa and end up calling her team to cancel any of idea of a Europe leg. Its only and always one phone call away lol...so with Janet i juss always wish her well and keep it moving cus she aint bout to give me grey hairs..yall can keep staying on that train i got off that mf ages ago 

that in bold, and I forgot she was even doing a European performance at all...Im not following her as much

52 minutes ago, John.... said:

I see your angle but the angle I was going for is the one where Janet, in her humility, has paid honor to other artists like Aretha Franklin, Anita Baker, Michael Jackson. It's all PR having Janet honor the greats is part of being great. I do see your point too though.....I guess there may be a need to switch up the PR game

She doesn’t need to pay respects to any of them when she’s on their level or above :coffee: 

Janet doesn’t need to steal jobs from the lessors. There’s no purpose for that type of PR

2 hours ago, John.... said:

that in bold, and I forgot she was even doing a European performance at all...Im not following her as much

Please...Janet performing in any continent is still a performance...u were perched just like the rest of us ?

So no one cares Janet was wearing a vibrator around her neck? ?

28 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Please...Janet performing in any continent is still a performance...u were perched just like the rest of us ?

So no one cares Janet was wearing a vibrator around her neck? ?

1. I am being super honest as I tend to be, I didn't realize when the performance was even on  I just happen to be on the board at the time, the only reason I realized after the fact was due to increase traffic here, Bu showed up!....receipt? the first three pages of this thread I commented once on page 3

2. That at least gives me hope she's busting a nut for real doe :ph34r: I say get it in

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

I don’t see why y’all seem pressed. Janet doesn’t seem to have a care in the world. Let her be great, bask in her legendary status, and enjoy 

I couldn’t agree more. It’s amazing how much time and perspective changes you. If this was like 2006 I’d be caring about her promo. We are in 2018 and it couldn’t be clearer that she’s in a different space and it isn’t about domination anymore. She’s basically been quietly rebuilding her name on her own pace, on her own time, and in a manner that’s showing she’s not trying to compete with artists that basically grew up in the house she built and it’s working. She’s enjoying it and so am I. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

I don’t see why y’all seem pressed. Janet doesn’t seem to have a care in the world. Let her be great, bask in her legendary status, and enjoy 

55 minutes ago, Angela said:

I couldn’t agree more. It’s amazing how much time and perspective changes you. If this was like 2006 I’d be caring about her promo. We are in 2018 and it couldn’t be clearer that she’s in a different space and it isn’t about domination anymore. She’s basically been quietly rebuilding her name on her own pace, on her own time, and in a manner that’s showing she’s not trying to compete with artists that basically grew up in the house she built and it’s working. She’s enjoying it and so am I. 

And again I genuinely wonder if you guys would feel so lax on promo if she hadn't toured in your country for several years! If she doesn't care, why was she promoting the hell out Made For Now? Because that makes less than any tour promo. 

13 minutes ago, vibeology said:

And again I genuinely wonder if you guys would feel so lax on promo if she hadn't toured in your country for several years! If she doesn't care, why was she promoting the hell out Made For Now? Because that makes less than any tour promo. 

I understand where you’re coming from and I also know that for me, personally, I probably would be lax. Somewhere ten years ago, it dawned on me that I ain’t gonna get the eras I want (massive promo, massive tours, Janet reconnecting with all her fans, etc.). If Janet was to only tour in Europe, I’d buy a ticket to go see her the same way I was planning to do it for Michael. I also know that’s not feasible nor fair to all of her fans. I’ve learned to accept that shit will go left with her/change at a moment’s notice. It’s why I only see her in LA even though I no longer in live in California knowing full well ticket prices are higher and I pay for airfare because she never cancels that date/venue. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vibeology said:

I think it's about seeing the reality of where things are now, as Angie stated and I agree, we will not see the eras that happen long ago, and I believe Janet had to find her peace first. The reality we face is she is 52,  radio isnt touching her stuff no matter how good it is, and Europe will be a challenge. I think as a die-hard fan the best thing Ive learned is to let go, enjoy what she does give us and appreciate all she has done already. I can't sit and try to analyze her every move as if to say there's logic there when in fact it may be a wait and see or if I feel like it sure. Once you make peace with the idea 1993 Janet isnt showing up you will free yourself from the frustration.

I don't understand how some fans ask other fans stupid questions like "Why are y'all so mad?" WTF you mean why are they so mad? Her fans feel abandoned and her legacy needs repairing. We all know how they've tried to erase her from the history books and she hasn't seen her fans overseas for almost a decade. Oh wow a "Made for Now" performance at an award show yay! :rolleyes: Only fans who were allowed in that paid or got free tickets saw that live. That's not fan service at all. Janet has flown back and forth overseas since 2015 and hasn't made a tour stop there yet. Why would y'all even open your mouth to disregard how other fans feel? She's an American artist and fans from overseas don't get to enjoy the luxury of seeing Janet all the time like we do. We understand she's not gonna give the same promo or be like she used to but doing nothing for her fans around the world isn't a good look whether you like it or not.

• Downvote 1

I will say I was surprised to see how much she was promoting "Made For Now" w/ the performances and interviews, considering she didnt do any of that for the "Unbreakable" album. Im like you do heavy promo for a single but do none for a whole album? ? But then i remembered back when Janet was on Oprah for the 20YO era ..there was a point of the interview when she shared a moment her and Oprah had privately where Oprah told her "Once you turn 40, you stop caring about what ppl think and what ppl want you to do and start to realize this is YOUR LIFE" ..and Janet revealed that she had arrived at that pivotal point that Oprah had told her about...and if you notice, since that era Janet seemed to start doing things how ever she wanted to do it. Its been gradually goin in that direction over all those years. I really believe Janet feels she has paid her dues and that she has earned the right to get up and go to work when she wants to and doesnt let the industry run her no more. So i completely get it and understand why she does things her way..whether or not i think it would be smart to do certain things a certain way...i guess Janet and her fans can agree to disagree. Cus we all see the flaws in her camp but...what can you tell a 52 year old legend who has a kid now? Grind like you were grinding back during the RN era? Of course not. I see ppl mentioning her "team" this and that... Look they cant make Janet do shit..she is the BOSS. If you dont see certain things done..its bc of JANET. Lets be clear. She is in full complete control of her career at this stage and has been for quite some time. Im juss glad she is back considering ALOT of the fans/public thought she was done w/ her career for good prior to "Unbreakable". Im a "look at the glass half full" type of guy.. shoot me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Tituba said:

Janet will end up touring Europe eventually. Eissa might be in High School when it happens but don't forget I told you so ^_^

#MadeFor15YearsFromNow 

by that point Eissa will be doing his own sold out stadium tours with the fans going "ra ra ra ra ra" :rolleyes: