Prince must be turning in his grave.....

Bailey

....I realize most of you wont respond or care, but on the Prince front, chile :mellow: I just heard his hit "Let's Go Crazy" being used for a Capital One credit card commercial. Can you imagine sitting watching TV and a Doritos' commercial comes on and in the background you hear Janet's "You Want This" :sigh: 

1 hour ago, John.... said:

....I realize most of you wont respond or care, but on the Prince front, chile :mellow: I just heard his hit "Let's Go Crazy" being used for a Capital One credit card commercial. Can you imagine sitting watching TV and a Doritos' commercial comes on and in the background you hear Janet's "You Want This" :sigh: 

Honestly don't think id mind ?

• Upvote 1

^^ not only would I mind because they are taking great music from great artists and commercializing on the music in a "cheesy" way but they are also going against what the artist stood for. In Prince's case, particularly, he made it a very big point to stop distribution of his music in any form other than through him, banning phones at concerts. In short Prince would never have approved the use of his music for the commercial gain of a corporation, so to me it's sad to see this is where his estate is.

20 hours ago, John.... said:

^^ not only would I mind because they are taking great music from great artists and commercializing on the music in a "cheesy" way but they are also going against what the artist stood for. In Prince's case, particularly, he made it a very big point to stop distribution of his music in any form other than through him, banning phones at concerts. In short Prince would never have approved the use of his music for the commercial gain of a corporation, so to me it's sad to see this is where his estate is.

I agree re. Prince...I meant more to Janet. I don't recall Janet being vocal about such matters

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vibeology said:

I agree re. Prince...I meant more to Janet. I don't recall Janet being vocal about such matters

We know Janet owns her music, all of it, and to date you don't hear any of her music being used, aside from the occasional sample, in anything that promotes a chip, some cola, or a credit card :umm:

22 minutes ago, John.... said:

I'm not mad, I'm used to you, you have this uncanny ability to come in like a sledge hammer into a fine China shop and go ape shit, It's not new :coffee:

Not at my comments ??‍♂️ No matter how true it is

You’re mad over the fact that Prince’s estate/family is capitalizing off his music and there’s nothing you can do ??‍♂️

Just now, Game For Now said:

Not at my comments ??‍♂️ No matter how true it is

You’re mad over the fact that Prince’s estate/family is capitalizing off his music and there’s nothing you can do ??‍♂️

I'm not mad about any of it, just like your love for Apple, or your wrecking ball style commentary, I'm used to seeing the predictable. Prince erroneously left no will to a bunch of relatives with little to nothing. The writing was clearly on the wall from the beginning they actually had the nerve to charge strangers to tour Paisley Park and look at Prince's body. When family and money mix together, the result is often akin to mixing ammonia and bleach, toxic at best. I will tell you what I am, I am tired, tired of seeing the same sad outcomes from poor judgment(s) being made.

Family and money mix together like illegal substances and 80 pop stars*^

Thats a better example than ammonia & bleach

Prince fucked up. Don’t blame his family for making that money ? 

He shoulda had a will or get help for his substance abuse ??‍♂️

Since he didn’t. Enjoy his music on commercials and movies $$$$

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Family and money mix together like illegal substances and 80 pop stars*^

Thats a better example than ammonia & bleach

Prince fucked up. Don’t blame his family for making that money ? 

He shoulda had a will or get help for his substance abuse ??‍♂️

Since he didn’t. Enjoy his music on commercials and movies $$$$

I like that, its twisted yet elegant in it's damning prose

4 hours ago, John.... said:

I'm not mad about any of it, just like your love for Apple, or your wrecking ball style commentary, I'm used to seeing the predictable. Prince erroneously left no will to a bunch of relatives with little to nothing. The writing was clearly on the wall from the beginning they actually had the nerve to charge strangers to tour Paisley Park and look at Prince's body. When family and money mix together, the result is often akin to mixing ammonia and bleach, toxic at best. I will tell you what I am, I am tired, tired of seeing the same sad outcomes from poor judgment(s) being made.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, John.... said:

Not a Prince fan but when I heard that commercial the other day. I immediately thought I know Prince would not approve. They did the same thing to MJ after he died. 

• Like 1

Just now, BlackCat1989 said:

Not a Prince fan but when I heard that commercial the other day. I immediately thought I know Prince would not approve. They did the same thing to MJ after he died. 

no baby gurl Prince would not approve and that's the message here, but he is at fault who worth as much money as he was dies with no will and instructions? Who does that? :sigh:

On 10/29/2018 at 7:41 PM, JJATL said:

I see this commercial all the time, and I totally agree  - it makes me cringe.   Prince would detest this.  How did they get the rights to this?  His family looking to make a quick buck??

there really wasn't a plan in place before Prince sadly passed, he only trusted people he had known for years and years, many of which were not accountants nor lawyers ....this is not a surprise knowing what we do know, it is a disappointment though