Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Game For Now

LaToya Jackson Ordered to Pay $360k in Unpaid Rent

Recommended Posts

 

https://theblast.com/la-toya-jackson-rent-lawsuit/

Latoya Jackson has been ordered to pay $360,000 over an unpaid rent bill her company allegedly refused to pay for years.

As reported, La Toya’s entertainment company, Ja-Tail Enterprises, was sued by the real estate firm Douglas Emmett.

They accused Janet’s sister of leasing an office space back in 2011, where she agreed to pay $11,618.10 per month with increases per year. But they claim she defaulted on the lease and owed them $324k in unpaid rent. 

Douglas Emmet sued seeking the unpaid rent, plus interest and damages.

La Toya blew off the legal battle for months and Douglas Emmet pleaded for the judge to award them a default judgment.

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, the judge came back and sided with the real estate company and ordered La Toya’s Ja-Tail Enterprises to pay a total of $324,000 in unpaid rent, interest in the amount of $26,673.68, attorney fees in the amount of $8,902 and other costs for a total of $359,575.78.

According to their website, Ja-Tail — which lists La Toya as a founder — has several different entertainment divisions, including music, films, and television.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latoya has had stints of work whether Big Brother Celebrity over in Europe, or Oprah, and the last I can recall worst chef in America, which I think she won. She's been getting coin so there's no reason things should have been miss managed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if this has anything to do with Jeffre Phillips? He was (is?) her business partner for the last 15-20 years but I heard that they are no longer friends and I haven’t seen them together in a looong time. I’m guessing someone like him would have dealt with the day to day bill paying and not LaToya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Amy said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with Jeffre Phillips? He was (is?) her business partner for the last 15-20 years but I heard that they are no longer friends and I haven’t seen them together in a looong time. I’m guessing someone like him would have dealt with the day to day bill paying and not LaToya.

Quite plausible...but you'd think it was easy to do. just set up a direct debit ? or even better buy a property!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Quite plausible...but you'd think it was easy to do. just set up a direct debit ? or even better buy a property!

 

Businesses usually rent properties rather than buy them  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Businesses usually rent properties rather than buy them  

Ya see I actually thought about her being registered as a business and surely living expenses would be offset against it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would really love to see an actual list of different things her "businesses" are affiliated with and/or responsible for. Like it says music for example.. What music? Whose music? Hers or other acts? And the films...what films? Like i want to see the stamp of her company on projects.. Im curious to what has been produced by her "company"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

I would really love to see an actual list of different things her "businesses" are affiliated with and/or responsible for. Like it says music for example.. What music? Whose music? Hers or other acts? And the films...what films? Like i want to see the stamp of her company on projects.. Im curious to what has been produced by her "company"

According to her website:

Dancing with Jaffa was produced (founded?) by JaTail As far as films goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 8:34 AM, Game For Now said:

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, the judge came back and sided with the real estate company and ordered La Toya’s Ja-Tail Enterprises to pay a total of $324,000 in unpaid rent, interest in the amount of $26,673.68, attorney fees in the amount of $8,902 and other costs for a total of $359,575.78.

 

Yas, hopefully this means more reality shows in the near future! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Game For Now said:

According to her website:

Dancing with Jaffa was produced (founded?) by JaTail As far as films goes

Oh, so nothing really... I thought so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Oh, so nothing really... I thought so 

:lmao: check her site out. It’s tacky 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 7:53 PM, Game For Now said:

:lmao: check her site out. It’s tacky 

Latoya is a jack of all trades. But she not great at any of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×