I really feel Rock Witchu Tour doesnt get its proper praise...

janetDAYZ

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

I agree although the choreography was great on the A4U tour and Janet looked fine af the stage was just too damn big, I didn't like some of the repetitive stuff she did that she already did on TVR tour, and I hated that her vocals were weaker. I did like her Alright performance on the A4U tour waaaay better than TVR tour.

thats the SAME thing I was juss telling somebody the other day..the stage was wayyyyyy to fucking big and she didnt have enough props to fill it up. I was juss like this big stage w/ her and her dancers in the middle and then all that empty space on both sides. I will never understand why on earth she wanted it that wide and spacious cus it wasnt utilized well.  Yeah the choreo was good...but its juss seem a bit disconnected with no real direction especially follwing such a focused/ theatrical tour like TVR

• Upvote 1

AFY tour is my least favourite. Sorry.  

Rhythm Nation - basic in the right way and that energy of a brand new artist. WOW. The live vocals too. 

Janet tour - her bad bitch tour. Showing everyone how it's done. 

TVR tour - her best imo. Polished, focused. Everything and more. Proving to everything why she's the best.

AFY - felt too rushed. The start of her bad press in europe

Rockwitchu - FUCK YES. That fucking set-list. The aesthetics. It showcased Janet as THE ULTIMATE performer. Such a shame it was performed tragically. If it was successful it truly would have been one of those iconic moments in the same way as Madonna COADF tour or Queens Live 8 moment imo. 

UCAP tour - intentionally basic. a cute re-introduction. Should have tried to capitalise off of it after but oh well.

Unbreakable tour - I feel like her first real attempt to shy away from the typical medleys and routines. She was really experimenting here adding interpolations of other songs into her songs etc. 

SOTW tour - feels like Unbreakable on steroids tbh. More beefy. I haven't seen many videos tbh but I was excited for this to come to Europe. Not so much now. 

• Upvote 4

Great write up Bu. I am still stuck on my fav tour I lean toward VR. As for staging Janet doesn’t control that the touring company does. Janet said in an interview during AFY she didn’t have as much space as she wanted on VR but on AFY she got a lot more. Two words ...Live Nation 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, vibeology said:

I never realised she performed this...shit this tour must have been exhausting.

That’s what I’m saying!!! And this was her longest concert ever; going 2 n a half hours!!! No wonder she got sick! Momma was pushing herself hard this tour!!! 😳👀

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I just watched the entire show last night on YouTube. I love all the professional footage! I'm 1000% confident that, in case the tour wasn't cut short and went overseas in '09, there would've been a dvd-release of it. It must've been her last big production-tour. Outfits were great, choreography was lit. Stage was hella huge, song choices were awesome. Overall, it's an underappreciated tour but I think the main reason for that is simply because there were 16 dates total. 

If RWU had like 80-100 shows like her previous tours and lasted til late 2009 or so it would've been just as iconic and big as, let's say 'All For You'. Or 'janet.'.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

I just watched the entire show last night on YouTube. I love all the professional footage! I'm 1000% confident that, in case the tour wasn't cut short and went overseas in '09, there would've been a dvd-release of it. It must've been her last big production-tour. Outfits were great, choreography was lit. Stage was hella huge, song choices were awesome. Overall, it's an underappreciated tour but I think the main reason for that is simply because there were 16 dates total. 

If RWU had like 80-100 shows like her previous tours and lasted til late 2009 or so it would've been just as iconic and big as, let's say 'All For You'. Or 'janet.'.

Totally agree! I went to the ATL show 1st row, I was speechless! She danced the hardest and longest, the production was on point. She had something to prove!

• Upvote 1