Janet to Headline Tom Joyner Cruise in 2019

19 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Truth. More than Britney whose getting $507k/ show

Janet is a Jackson and a living legend. If she ain’t breaking a salary record, I don’t see Vegas happening 🤷🏾‍♂️

She has a shit touring record, known for cancelling. She isn’t a big draw either. She doesn’t have the upper hand anymore. Unless she has a hell of a negotiator on her team. 

28 minutes ago, bu. said:

She has a shit touring record, known for cancelling. She isn’t a big draw either. She doesn’t have the upper hand anymore. Unless she has a hell of a negotiator on her team. 

Mariah Carey & Britney doesn’t have a great touring record :coffee: 

Shes a big draw to Vegas :coffee: bigger than Britney & Mariah 

7 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Mariah Carey & Britney doesn’t have a great touring record :coffee: 

Shes a big draw to Vegas :coffee: bigger than Britney & Mariah 

Britney just compeleted a world tour. Mariah has a better track record today worldwide than Janet and also went across international after finishing Vegas (although she cancelled Australia). But this is about Janet and you thinking a one off gig is better than a residency. 

5 hours ago, bu. said:

Men are trash. I don’t have time for love anymore. 

that's how I feel for real, it's like finding a decent guy is out of the question. Guys say a lot but do a lot of crazy shit too. I had a guy try to reconnect with me he asks me to come over and when I did, (ONLY TO TALK) he has another guy there too, he didnt have the decency to even say hey there's another guy here BEFORE I came

5 hours ago, bu. said:

I would advise Janet's team to book her in major international markets only.... forget Glasgow, do smaller venues, and get the experience and exposure back. It's more important to her legacy to be able to say she toured Europe. I would say suck it up, no its not stadiums or arenas, this is what you have to deal with, BUT you CAN do Europe just not as big as before, and probably the smallest ever thats the price you pay for cancelling all this shit, we love you Janet but if you want some sugar it's in the cabinet :filenails:

3 hours ago, bu. said:

Britney just compeleted a world tour. Mariah has a better track record today worldwide than Janet and also went across international after finishing Vegas (although she cancelled Australia). But this is about Janet and you thinking a one off gig is better than a residency. 

Britney’s tour maxed out at $13.1M... close to Unbreakable 

A better “track” record means nothing. It’s appeal and Janet Jackson has more appeal than Mariah Carey (FACT)

A one off gig is 10x better than a residency plus, again, if Vegas doesn’t want to cough  up the coins, you won’t be seeing Janet in Vegas. Her show would have to run them $600k or more... per show. Janet should only do Vegas if she’s the highest paid to do it :coffee: bc she’s worth it and a legend

2 hours ago, Illi said:

I would like for Janet to get back to Europe but y'all act like her team can simply snap its fingers and have dates announced. 

It's only one fucking event for crying out loud......

I dont think the discussion is as much about the cruise event as much as it is about fixing Europe, and as far as her team is concerned, they have had ample time to figure out a reasonable approach, Janet and or Live Nation pulled dates back in 2016 I wanna say? So it's been almost three years since, a second leg of SOTW/Unbreakable reboot, and they STILL aint figured Europe out? And let's not play the European fans they are out there, and they have NOT been redressed.  Some of you here may wish to downplay things, and that's your thing, but make no mistake about it, she fucked up BAD with Europe and that needs to be fixed point blank period, if not then she is the criticisms she gets, "she's local" ...and for those of you that needed sugar go follow Janet to the cabinet :filenails:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

That’s where you’re wrong. Only you’re talking about Europe 

no you have European fans, that have already voiced their opinions in this very thread, and I can only imagine their frustration in not seeing any of the events the rest of us have

6 hours ago, Game For Now said:

A better “track” record means nothing. It’s appeal and Janet Jackson has more appeal than Mariah Carey (FACT)

A one off gig is 10x better than a residency plus, again, if Vegas doesn’t want to cough  up the coins, you won’t be seeing Janet in Vegas. Her show would have to run them $600k or more... per show. Janet should only do Vegas if she’s the highest paid to do it :coffee: bc she’s worth it and a legend

that's not a fact that's opinion, if you don't believe that ask either a die hard Janet fan or a Lamb either way the answer will differ. If you believe that's fact Ima need receipts for it :umm:

5 hours ago, John.... said:

that's not a fact that's opinion, if you don't believe that ask either a die hard Janet for or a Lamb either way the answer will differ. If you believe that's fact Ima need receipts for it :umm:

Fact: Janet can tour stateside

6 hours ago, John.... said:

no you have European fans, that have already voiced their opinions in this very thread, and I can only imagine their frustration in not seeing any of the events the rest of us have

Sure. Go make another thread about it. Right now we’re talking about the cruise/Vegas 

56 minutes ago, John.... said:

I dont think the discussion is as much about the cruise event as much as it is about fixing Europe, and as far as her team is concerned, they have had ample time to figure out a reasonable approach, Janet and or Live Nation pulled dates back in 2016 I wanna say? So it's been almost three years since, a second leg of SOTW/Unbreakable reboot, and they STILL aint figured Europe out? And let's not play the European fans they are out there, and they have NOT been redressed.  Some of you here may wish to downplay things, and that's your thing, but make no mistake about it, she fucked up BAD with Europe and that needs to be fixed point blank period, if not then she is the criticisms she gets, "she's local" ...and for those of you that needed sugar go follow Janet to the cabinet :filenails:

Well she can't make certain decisions  simply to pacify others. I'm honestly waiting too, but we can't control how everything is executed.

Maybe stating you'll be happy with a random performance at Trafalgar Square might make things a little easier to plan. *shrugs*

9 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Fact: Janet can your stateside

Sure. Go make another thread about it. Right now we’re talking about the cruise/Vegas 

1. Rewrite that it doesn't make sense :umm:

2. Whether its a cruise and a few mere mentions of Vegas the larger context of the thread was where's Europe at? If I need to I will go back and count every post that alluded to Europe, there's no need for a new thread for an issue that's old now, she should have figured Europe out by now

5 minutes ago, Illi said:

Well she can't make certain decisions  simply to pacify others. I'm honestly waiting too, but we can't control how everything is executed.

Maybe stating you'll be happy with a random performance at Trafalgar Square might make things a little easier to plan. *shrugs*

right now as it stands, indecision is a decision. Not making any moves whatsoever to deal with her European fanbase leaves that untouched. We cannot control how everything is executed, neither can she, but if she can do cruise ships sponsored by Denny's and for anyone that wonders, yes Denny's in the same sentence as Janet Jackson is side eye all day :umm: sponsor or not. If she can do cruise ships :lol: she can do Trafalgar square in Europe :filenails:  you fucked it up fix the shit

2 minutes ago, John.... said:

right now as it stands, indecision is a decision. Not making any moves whatsoever to deal with her European fanbase leaves that untouched. We cannot control how everything is executed, neither can she, but if she can do cruise ships sponsored by Denny's and for anyone that wonders, yes Denny's in the same sentence as Janet Jackson is side eye all day :umm: sponsor or not. If she can do cruise ships :lol: she can do Trafalgar square in Europe :filenails:  you fucked it up fix the shit

But you can't say she isn't making any moves just because were not hearing anything. Everything we're saying is mere speculation at this point. 

I agree with Game. This should be another thread. 

5 minutes ago, Illi said:

But you can't say she isn't making any moves just because were not hearing anything. Everything we're saying is mere speculation at this point. 

I agree with Game. This should be another thread. 

I will disagree another thread over Europe would be unnecessary negativity over an issue we've discussed ad naseum so she either does or doesn't but if you're going to limit the discussion here to cruise ships and Vegas we are still fucked so :sigh:  we can limit it no more Europe talk we all know that's fucked...okay so let's do Vegas and Cruise ships only because thats way better right ? :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, John.... said:

I will disagree another thread over Europe would be unnecessary negativity over an issue we've discussed ad naseum so she either does or doesn't but if you're going to limit the discussion here to cruise ships and Vegas we are still fucked so :sigh:  we can limit it no more Europe talk we all know that's fucked...okay so let's do Vegas and Cruise ships only because thats way better right ? :rolleyes:

If some want to complain about Europe, great. I just stay out of those discussions. I just don't see how that has anything to do with the topic at hand. Doing the cruise doesn't necessarily mean she's flipping the bird at Europe.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Illi said:

If some want to complain about Europe, great. I just stay out of those discussions. I just don't see how that has anything to do with the topic at hand. Doing the cruise doesn't necessarily mean she's flipping the bird at Europe.

In some minds, and I can see why, once the tour completed in the states and Janet went to Europe and began doing radio interviews, and doing the Spain performance, the natural question was the unresolved issue of Europe and when she would address it. I think that's only natural.  By announcing she's continuing to perform but NOT in Europe at all leaves many European fans tired and frustrated.  Let's not dismiss European fans because they matter and they got cancelled on twice for the same tour:umm:

27 minutes ago, John.... said:

In some minds, and I can see why, once the tour completed in the states and Janet went to Europe and began doing radio interviews, and doing the Spain performance, the natural question was the unresolved issue of Europe and when she would address it. I think that's only natural.  By announcing she's continuing to perform but NOT in Europe at all leaves many European fans tired and frustrated.  Let's not dismiss European fans because they matter and they got cancelled on twice for the same tour:umm:

I'm not dismissing anything, but do you things Janet should do absolutely nothing until Europe dates are announced?

18 minutes ago, Illi said:

I'm not dismissing anything, but do you things Janet should do absolutely nothing until Europe dates are announced?

I think she should at the least hint that Europe hasn't been forgotten, what I have gotten from this thread and many others is the idea that Janet, while doing all this other "stuff", has yet to address Europe and her fans there, what her hopes are, nada. I get where you're coming from but as of now Europe is out in the cold and dark without a single clue, in short, she can do better than that. There is some unfinished business Janet has on her plate

• Like 1

that's how I feel for real, it's like finding a decent guy is out of the question. Guys say a lot but do a lot of crazy shit too. I had a guy try to reconnect with me he asks me to come over and when I did, (ONLY TO TALK) he has another guy there too, he didnt have the decency to even say hey there's another guy here BEFORE I came

I’m just over their bullshit ways. Ghosting is the worst too. If you wanna fuck, tell me you want to fuck. I’ll come over with the lube. Don’t make me get ready for a fucking date and then not show up. If you want to date then fucking speaking to me. Let’s have a conversation that spans hours rather than a hi every 2 days. It’s so frustrating that I just can’t be bothered with it right now. 

I would advise Janet's team to book her in major international markets only.... forget Glasgow, do smaller venues, and get the experience and exposure back. It's more important to her legacy to be able to say she toured Europe. I would say suck it up, no its not stadiums or arenas, this is what you have to deal with, BUT you CAN do Europe just not as big as before, and probably the smallest ever thats the price you pay for cancelling all this shit, we love you Janet but if you want some sugar it's in the cabinet :filenails:

That would be cute. I’d be happy with royal Albert type shows. The arena shows from Unbreakable were not doing well. 

4 hours ago, Game For Now said:

$13.1m from 30 shows, 18 more than Janet internationally. And she sold out within minutes, something Janet hasn’t been able to do here since 2001. 

Yes it does - a track record means everything when you announce a tour and the first question people ask is “is she going to cancel?”. I bought a Lauryn Hill ticket knowing her shit tour reputation and foolishly thinking it’s fine she won’t do it this time. Lo and behold she was 2 hours late in paris and performed for 30 minutes. I sold that ticket the next day. Track record means a lot. Hence why Mariah hasn’t sold out because people have seen her NYE performance and thought what’s the point of lying if she can’t sing like she used to. Appeal means fuck all if you’re not utilising it. Janet is a nobody outside of America right now. Her EMA performance was barely talked about. At least Mariah is slightly remembered and attempting to tour to regain a bit of ground. She’s toured more here in the last 4 years than Janet has in the last 20. 

No it’s not :lmao: . The gig with the better income will always be the better not gig. If she did a residency it would be a better thing than doing one stupid cruise show in the middle of the bermuda. That’s like saying a one off show in the Louvre is better than a 12 night stint at the O2. That last paragraph is nothing but waffling stanning with no sense.  

2 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Janet's fault period. 

Tbh.

1 hour ago, John.... said:

Thank you! Someone gets it. 

Ps what was the original argument? We’ve gotten so side tracked 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bu. said:

Ps what was the original argument? We’ve gotten so side tracked 

from what I can recall the original argument is let's sweep any European talk under the rug, where all things international remain anyway, it's a lot of dirt under that rug :umm: BUT let's pretend, then the discussion became let's limit it to just the cruise and Vegas, and start an entire new thread about Europe, I'm like for what why not keep all things shit under one roof :umm:

As for guys there's a reason I stopped playing, its the same crap over and over I'm tired of it I dont want to bother