What is Janet's... Best lyrically written song???

janetDAYZ

1 hour ago, hotboy06 said:

I love the song structure..it's so much going on..but it's brilliant.  Her "chanting"..the background vocals..the melody..the production(drum programming, guitars, THAT SAMPLE).

Janet, Jimmy, and Terry had time that day.

rCVpPMU.gif

It truly is something special. The way she interpolates the lyrics, the structure of how she sings. It's SO weird and unique for a pop song, and it's so visceral when you figure out the lyrics. 😂

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

It truly is something special. The way she interpolates the lyrics, the structure of how she sings. It's SO weird and unique for a pop song, and it's so visceral when you figure out the lyrics. 😂

I remember her doing an interview and she said that it was the first song the label wanted to release..but she fought for TTWLG to be the lead single..she said the fans wanted a dance video but she wanted to ease the audience into the record.  When "If" was released(the video) it spawned a million dance routines at talent shows..:lol: 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 2:55 AM, bu. said:

No point making a new thread. Mariah Carey recently sat down with Genius and dissected her lyrics from throughout her career and gave so much insight into the stories behind the songs etc. It was really incredible to watch as a lifelong stan. Like it was over an hour long too. 

I’d love for Janet to do something like that.  Like actually talking about specific songs and lines in songs and hearing more about the background and what inspired it etc. Especially the album cuts. I know we got stories in True You but a sit down interview would be amazing. Oh well a guy can dream haha, 

That was a really great interview and I appreciated the interviewer actually doing their homework.