The Untitled Album

Bailey

32 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Honestly, I’m not worried since Jimmy and Terry worked with her on this album as well. Tho we know she worked with some other producers too. I’m really curious to hear what the album sounds like. 😃😫

Jimmy and Terry are needed but a bit dated now.

3 hours ago, John.... said:

Damita Jo's Kayne tracks could have gone to Alica Keys and become hits....they werent Janet

Exactly... name a Jimmy/Terry track that could go to anyone else outside of Control album? You can’t bc they gave her her signature sound and need to continue that on the next record

On 12/10/2018 at 12:20 AM, J. said:

I would like to see her get back to cutting edge production. There's too much new talent out there for her to be working with Harmony Samuels. I know the writing, etc. will be there, because her pen game is strong.

I have a feeling she'll be working with some more interesting people because she seems to have made so many industry connections in the past few years.

17 hours ago, GTIG said:

I believe Jimmy and Terry are very outdated.

They're really not. Unbreakable has aged incredibly well imo and will remain fresher than her 2000s albums. Their sound may not be trendy or futuristic, but it's eclectic, thoughtful, detailed, and timeless. They have such a wide span of talents in the studio. 

Also, Damita Jo didn't have nothing to say because she worked with other producers. That was all her fault. ^_^ As long as she is invested in a project, it will be great, guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

They're really not. Unbreakable has aged incredibly well imo and will remain fresher than her 2000s albums. Their sound may not be trendy or futuristic, but it's eclectic, thoughtful, detailed, and timeless. They have such a wide span of talents in the studio. 

Also, Damita Jo didn't have nothing to say because she worked with other producers. That was all her fault. ^_^ As long as she is invested in a project, it will be great, guys.

The production on Unbreakable is lack luster. Jimmy and Terry, stop experimenting with sounds which limited their creativity. Janet's vision, direction and writing made unbreakable not Jim and Terry. I was impressed by the piano breakdown in Night which is a nod to the Control video. Burnitup and Greatest Forever sound like a video game from Nintendo.  

DJ - gave you genres:

R&B (My baby, Spending time with you, moist) Dance (Slolove), ThrowBack (R&B junkie) , POP (all night) HardRock (just a little while), Hip Hop (sexhibition, strawberry bounce). DJ remains one of Janet's most unrated album yet and not to mention her vocals were ALL ON POINT. Wish we had visuals and a tour.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, GTIG said:

The production on Unbreakable is lack luster. Jimmy and Terry, stop experimenting with sounds which limited their creativity. Janet's vision, direction and writing made unbreakable not Jim and Terry. I was impressed by the piano breakdown in Night which is a nod to the Control video. Burnitup and Greatest Forever sound like a video game from Nintendo.  

DJ - gave you genres:

R&B (My baby, Spending time with you, moist) Dance (Slolove), ThrowBack (R&B junkie) , POP (all night) HardRock (just a little while), Hip Hop (sexhibition, strawberry bounce). DJ remains one of Janet's most unrated album yet and not to mention her vocals were ALL ON POINT.

😂 I see it...yet I LOVE both those songs. Ive always said UB didn't sound current at the time, nor does it now, yet I agree with what eli said "

6 minutes ago, GTIG said:

it's eclectic, thoughtful, detailed, and timeless.

I agree the bits in bold about Damita Jo

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2018 at 4:30 PM, GTIG said:

I believe Jimmy and Terry are very outdated.

They're still good for a ballad/slow jam, but yeah I sort of agree. Unbreakable hasn't aged that well for me. Most of the best songs were done by other people. I still would like to see them on vocal production, songwriting(lyrics), and a few ballads/mid-tempos though.

Wow!!! Some of ya’ll are trying it soooo hard!!! 😐🙄

“Damita Joke” is about as fresh and eclectic as a country album!!! 😴 “Unbreakable” has value, meaning and PLUSH productions!!  I honestly don’t get the immense love for that album to this day. 🤔 It’s an uninspired mess and the most generic sounding R&B album I have ever heard. “Night” alone destroys EVERY song from that ‘04 disaster....☺️😊

1 hour ago, Lenzo88 said:

Wow!!! Some of ya’ll are trying it soooo hard!!! 😐🙄

“Damita Joke” is about as fresh and eclectic as a country album!!! 😴 “Unbreakable” has value, meaning and PLUSH productions!!  I honestly don’t get the immense love for that album to this day. 🤔 It’s an uninspired mess and the most generic sounding R&B album I have ever heard. “Night” alone destroys EVERY song from that ‘04 disaster....☺️😊

Night
Co-producer, Musician, Backing Vocals – Mr. Mc Clendon*Engineer [Mix] – John HanesGuitar – Paul Jackson Jr.Mixed By – Serban GheneaProducer, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Janet JacksonProducer, Musician – Jimmy Jam & Terry LewisRecorded By – Matthew Marrin*Written-By – J. Jackson*, J. Harris III, T. Lewis*, M. Shiloh*, T. Lumpkins*, T. McClendon*
5 WRITERS & PRODUCER ... 2 people are DarkChild's camp.. Tommy Guz co wrote and produce Make Me..

2 hours ago, J. said:

They're still good for a ballad/slow jam, but yeah I sort of agree. Unbreakable hasn't aged that well for me. Most of the best songs were done by other people. I still would like to see them on vocal production, songwriting, and a few ballads/mid-tempos though.

I totally agree with you..

5 hours ago, GTIG said:

DJ - gave you genres:

R&B (My baby, Spending time with you, moist) Dance (Slolove), ThrowBack (R&B junkie) , POP (all night) HardRock (just a little while), Hip Hop (sexhibition, strawberry bounce). DJ remains one of Janet's most unrated album yet and not to mention her vocals were ALL ON POINT. Wish we had visuals and a tour.

:lmao: JALW? Jesus... 

Damita Jo didn’t have a theme or flow at all. It was all over the place. It’s like if a classic Pizza joint started serving seafood, burgers and fries, and some Spanish dishes

Damita Jo has GOT to be Janet’s most overrated project since janet. that fans cling to as if it were the hidden gem of her collection. The only good thing that came out of that era is Island Life 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GTIG said:
Night
Co-producer, Musician, Backing Vocals – Mr. Mc Clendon*Engineer [Mix] – John HanesGuitar – Paul Jackson Jr.Mixed By – Serban GheneaProducer, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Janet JacksonProducer, Musician – Jimmy Jam & Terry LewisRecorded By – Matthew Marrin*Written-By – J. Jackson*, J. Harris III, T. Lewis*, M. Shiloh*, T. Lumpkins*, T. McClendon*
5 WRITERS & PRODUCER ... 2 people are DarkChild's camp.. Tommy Guz co wrote and produce Make Me..

Sis, I’m not understanding the receipt you just provided me with....😳🤔

• Upvote 1