Janet Jackson Officially A R&R Hall of Famer, December 13th, 2018

Bailey

2 hours ago, Illi said:

Honestly I think it will cause the Hall to look more at urban contemporary acts. This will definitely pave the way for Mary J Blige, Alicia Keys, TLC etc.

I truly believe it will, there was so much talk and it spilled over into even the Rock "people" saying yeah she should be in. This moment serves to augment Janet Jackson's success in this business. I think her brothers, who are already in the Hall, should bring her in. For the foreseeable future, Janet is the last Jackson left to be inducted into the Hall based on the fact most of the kids after the original 9 Jacksons  do not show much interest in music at al (3T being an exception)l, or have had huge amounts of success over decades

4 hours ago, BlackCat1989 said:

When it was announced on Thursday I saw so many people saying they thought she was in already. 

The older people I kick it with thought she was already in as well..and they love 60's/70's rock..they didn't bat an eyelash as if she is considered "rock".

• 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Janelle Monae is an incredible artist and had an amazing last year, you can tell she was directly influenced by Janet and she is articulate enough to read a teleprompter and give an amazing ass speech. Should be cute.

fzhNcBJ.gif

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Janelle?

Of allllllllllllllllllllllllllll people... Really? 

I am not feelin it at all

Jesus, we’re watching for her induction, not for the person inducting her!!! 😳 At this point, Miley “The Buck Tooth Hick” Cyrus could induct her and I wouldn’t care. Janet’s legendary career is officially solidified for the ages to come!!! In the year 2095, the Rhythm Nation Era will be analyzed and studied in such college courses as Black female history and music history!!! 😫😭😭😭

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Janelle Monae is an incredible artist and had an amazing last year, you can tell she was directly influenced by Janet and she is articulate enough to read a teleprompter and give an amazing ass speech. Should be cute.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Janelle Monae is perfect *approved*

PREACH. Her presence has always been what Control is about, her music (ESPECIALLY her masterpiece last year) is the child of Rhythm Nation, janet., & The Velvet Rope. Janet has many musical daughters, some represent her singing style, some represent her performance style, most represent both, but few represent her artistry and activism at it's best (and in many ways keeps the conversations that Janet got started and got popular 20-30yrs ago going), and Janelle is that daughter.

• Upvote 3