Would you say....

janetDAYZ

I would say she has the largest variety, as a die hard some of the most prestigious awards I could name off I know she would have wanted and doesn't have

"Again" was nominated for Best Original Song by both Academy Awards and Golden Globes, both times Janet was there, and she lost both to Bruce Springsteen

Janet, while being a great video maker, has never won MTV video of the Year, was nominated, but didn't win for AFY

Janet has 6 Grammy awards ( 5 in competitive categories one honorary), most wins are in video categories. It would have been nice to see Janet have an album of the year Grammy. Janet doesn't have Grammys in any of the major categories, not one.

2 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

No. Not even close. Stevie Wonder has 25 Grammys, an Oscar, Golden Globe, Kennedy Center Honor and the presidential medal of freedom. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Cher and Barbra Streisand are both EGOT winners and Kennedy Center honorees.

John Legend is also an EGOT winner.

I was going to mention this special category, but only a select few artists fit into it, and that's being a Tony Award, Oscar, Grammy, and Emmy award winner. At least Janet can say she'e been nominated in 3 of the four. Back to the original question though, Janet has won a slew of awards and a great variety amongst them.

As far as culture goes, Janet Jackson is an Icon regardless of those awards, and to put the shoe on the other foot, even though John Legend is in that special group of EGOT winners, would anyone call him an Icon?

I was speaking more so about MUSIC awards...we already know Janet is not a EGOT winner. Not to down that cus that is an achievement but those are standard awards in different fields. The kind of awards Janet has been winning since 2001 are like lifetime achievement type of awards aka prestigious awards. I cant think of another artist who has recieved as many lifetime achievement awards as Janet

Game already called it though, a lot of these are made up awards!   Now, if we must, to answer your question I do believe we are all on the same page still. Janet has more of them than a ton of folks and she deserved all of them. So is Janet one of the most awarded artists in music ever ? Hell yeah I remember some interview where they asked her about her awards, well before now, and she told them she has them stored and kept somewhere....Janet earned those and she does in fact keep em somewhere safe. I just wonder with my tour book from RWY ...she has a picture in that with an MTV award and its just draped in jewelry as she sits there getting ready...my point is, as I do believe most here will agree, I dont think Janet takes them that seriously

6 hours ago, John.... said:

Game already called it though, a lot of these are made up awards!   Now, if we must, to answer your question I do believe we are all on the same page still. Janet has more of them than a ton of folks and she deserved all of them. So is Janet one of the most awarded artists in music ever ? Hell yeah I remember some interview where they asked her about her awards, well before now, and she told them she has them stored and kept somewhere....Janet earned those and she does in fact keep em somewhere safe. I just wonder with my tour book from RWY ...she has a picture in that with an MTV award and its just draped in jewelry as she sits there getting ready...my point is, as I do believe most here will agree, I dont think Janet takes them that seriously

Errr they’re very much real

They we’re made for Janet... not all but some and nothing wrong with that 

I dont believe anyone was arguing the amount of awards nor her power, I think the one member brought up some points even if we confine the discussion to just music awards, the Grammys could have done her better, but they did Mariah about as bad too, so awards are very political in terms of who do we like and who dont we like.

13 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

I was speaking more so about MUSIC awards...we already know Janet is not a EGOT winner. Not to down that cus that is an achievement but those are standard awards in different fields. The kind of awards Janet has been winning since 2001 are like lifetime achievement type of awards aka prestigious awards. I cant think of another artist who has recieved as many lifetime achievement awards as Janet

well if they weren't dead and shit maybe they would still be getting awards :ph34r:

You guys are going on about other awards when he was specifically talking about LIFETIME and Career awards, and tributes.

i can’t think of Madonna, Mariah, Cher, Diana, or any one else that has anywhere close to the amount of shows dedicated to them that Janet has had. 

She’s been recognized for her career achievements for the last 20 years. 

Btw if Madonna accepted these, I believe she’s be up there too.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

You guys are going on about other awards when he was specifically talking about LIFETIME and Career awards, and tributes.

i can’t think of Madonna, Mariah, Cher, Diana, or any one else that has anywhere close to the amount of shows dedicated to them that Janet has had. 

maybe Diana has, but not nearly this much recognition. Madonna doesn't accept them I think she's more trying to be young and failing terribly. I used to really enjoy Madonna, but her persona now, I don't follow her

6 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

Exactly. What i said wasnt that hard to understand at all. Thats whats weird about this board..they will slice and dice and dissect what you said and flip it to create something completely different from the original question. Strange community on here. 

And obviously about the Madonna thing but thats actually what I think is interesting the fact that Madonna suppose to be the Queen of Pop over Janet but yet Janet seems to lifetime achievement awards til this day while Madonna hasnt been given shit in how long???

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, John.... said:

I dont believe anyone was arguing the amount of awards nor her power, I think the one member brought up some points even if we confine the discussion to just music awards, the Grammys could have done her better, but they did Mariah about as bad too, so awards are very political in terms of who do we like and who dont we like.

Both points brought up were completely irrelevant to the discussion. Whether some were made up or not..they honored HER when it could have been given to 10 billion other legends..and the other irrelevabt point that was brought up,  If we were talking about Meryl Streep winning prestigious awards...would we be having grammy talk? No, bc she is an actress. It would be solely related to awards that honor acting, so why should the discussion flip bc we're talking about Janet? Makes no sense. Janet has acted but she's not as evenly invested in different fields as a Barbra Streisand to even be a EGOT winner, which again has NOTHING to do with my original question to begin with. Lets please stop tryna complicate answers to questions that are so simple. Thats a flawed pattern on this board. Its draining 

13 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Both points brought up were completely irrelevant to the discussion. Whether some were made up or not..they honored HER when it could have been given to 10 billion other legends..and the other irrelevant point that was brought up,  If we were talking about Meryl Streep winning prestigious awards...would we be having grammy talk? No, bc she is an actress. It would be solely related to awards that honor acting, so why should the discussion flip bc we're talking about Janet? Makes no sense. Janet has acted but she's not as evenly invested in different fields as a Barbra Streisand to even be a EGOT winner, which again has NOTHING to do with my original question to begin with. Lets please stop tryna complicate answers to questions that are so simple. Thats a flawed pattern on this board. Its draining 

:rolleyes:

18 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

What do you mean if Madonna accepted these awards? You think that egotistical old bag would refuse being honored and glorified? 

11 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Exactly. What i said wasnt that hard to understand at all. Thats whats weird about this board..they will slice and dice and dissect what you said and flip it to create something completely different from the original question. Strange community on here. 

And obviously about the Madonna thing but thats actually what I think is interesting the fact that Madonna suppose to be the Queen of Pop over Janet but yet Janet seems to lifetime achievement awards til this day while Madonna hasnt been given shit in how long???

some people like to be dumb and difficult and look who you're talking to :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

That wasn’t at all clear in your initial post. v