What are Janet's Best Music Videos?

Bailey

On 12/20/2018 at 10:55 PM, Rocknet said:

TLC won MTV's video of the year ....mimicking "Scream" no less :sigh:

In 1995 TLC won for Waterfalls over Scream.. then a couple years later they put out the No Scrubs video which was a Great Value brand of Scream..

But to find what Janet’s best video is you would need to find the best video from each album/era and choose from that selection:

• Pleasure Principle

• Rhythm Nation

• If

• Scream (out of compilations/side projects)

• Together Again

• All For You

• All Nite Don’t Stop

• So Excited

• Feedback

• No Sleeep (or Dammn Baby, idk they’re both bland)

But out of that list it’d have to be between RN, If or Scream... and in terms of the recognizability and iconic status I’d say that RHYTHM NATION is Janet Jackson’s greatest music video of her career

• Like 1

Her most iconic video is Rhythm Nation (I think) and it's also in my top 3. But Made For Now is also becoming one of my favorite Janet videos. I love the way it was filmed and the diversity.

Someone To Call My Lover has this great Summer vibe and will forever remain a personal favorite.

Honestly, RN eclipses ALL for sure and is Janet’s most reconigizable solo video!!!

Her Top 10 Best Music Videos should be:

1. Rhythm Nation

2. If

3. All For You

4. Got Til It’s Gone (Seriously, why have ya’ll forgottenthis work of art?!? 😳😱😱😱)

5. The Pleasure Principle

6. Made For Now

7. Miss You Much

8. Nasty

9. All Nite (Don’t Stop)

10. Scream 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

Some of yall are reachingggggggggggggggggg .....somebody needs to grab yall devices and take em away cus.. 😐

dayum bruh :lol: there are some submissions I would never have considered and although its a "duet" I think "Scream" is more Michael's than Janet's IMO

15 hours ago, Rocknet said:

dayum bruh :lol: there are some submissions I would never have considered and although its a "duet" I think "Scream" is more Michael's than Janet's IMO

Actually it’s more Janet. It was for his album, but it was her producers and Janet who created the track for Michael, Janet co-wrote the lyrics, Sony hired Janet to pick the director, which is why Mark Romanek was brought in and Janet outperformed him in the video. The track wouldn’t sound the way it does and the video wouldn’t have looked the way it did if it weren’t for Janet.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Black Eagle said:

Actually it’s more Janet. It was for his album, but it was her producers and Janet who created the track for Michael, Janet co-wrote the lyrics, Sony hired Janet to pick the director, which is why Mark Romanek was brought in and Janet outperformed him in the video. The track wouldn’t sound the way it does and the video wouldn’t have looked the way it did if it weren’t for Janet.

as I recall though, a few things happen that most of us here know about. The single came out with Janet's vocals turned down. Janet herself said the concept wasn't how she would have executed the duet but it was what Michael wanted.

• 4 weeks later...