SOLD OUT: State of the World Tour is Coming to Japan in February

https://www.creativeman.co.jp/2018/12/21/57748/

According to this website, Janet will be making a two night stop at Japan’s Budokan arena in February 

As you can see, Creativeman is verified on Twitter, they pinned the tweet and have been correct in the past in announcing tours for other artists.

The State of the World Tour is BACK!!!! #SOTW3

6 hours ago, bu. said:

Where is Europe? We want the damn dates for Europe! *inserts that gif*

I believe it's coming. 

Tickets for Asia go on sale in January but I don't believe those two shows are the only ones to be officially announced by her team next month.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:36 AM, Jakob said:

Okay this is good.

But we need European dates as well!!! #SOTW2019 

I think she's testing to see if Europe is still interested because she knows they were pissed last time she was supposed to go and cancelled abruptly. Hopefully when they hear and see about her touring in Japan it'll start up anticipation.

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

I think she's testing to see if Europe is still interested because she knows they were pissed last time she was supposed to go and cancelled abruptly. Hopefully when they hear and see about her touring in Japan it'll start up anticipation.

Well, my little theory here...

Asia is Jan's 2nd biggest market. She doesn't neccesarily have to release a new album or single first to sell out over there. I mean, she's doing two shows in a 14.000 seat-venue. Plus, she visited Asia more consistenly than Europe so she has a better connection with the fans.

I think Janet is dropping her new project by March. Then announcing the European tour and possible other international legs (and hey, who knows but maybe she's wrapping up SOTW in the US eventually). She needs to promote a new album to sell out the bigger venues in Europe.

I could be totally wrong but this is what I think might happen.

No tea no shade but new music isn’t bringing Janet an audience for touring. A lot of great acts are out here touring off hits they already have. Aside from her core fan base, neither radio nor the general public are checking for new music from established older acts like Janet. Europe will require some humble pie to do

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rocknet said:

No tea no shade but new music isn’t bringing Janet an audience for touring. A lot of great acts are out here touring off hits they already have. Aside from her core fan base, neither radio nor the general public are checking for new music from established older acts like Janet. Europe will require some humble pie to do

While new music won’t necessarily bring Janet the audience she needs in Europe but it wouldn’t hurt

Janet needs to keep the venue small yet respectable in Europe (the Japan venue isn’t very large) with or without a new album

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

While new music won’t necessarily bring Janet the audience she needs in Europe but it wouldn’t hurt

Janet needs to keep the venue small yet respectable in Europe (the Japan venue isn’t very large) with or without a new album

I agree completely.....as for the album when she's ready

4 hours ago, Rocknet said:

I know that. 

Like I said, Asia is a big market for Jan. Plus, she has been in Asia with every tour (except for RWU). Janet skipped Europe several times so it's basically the die-hard JanFam who is buying tickets for a concert. A new album sure does help. Not that the songs will be played on the radio but there will be attention for it.

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

I know that. 

Like I said, Asia is a big market for Jan. Plus, she has been in Asia with every tour (except for RWU). Janet skipped Europe several times so it's basically the die-hard JanFam who is buying tickets for a concert. A new album sure does help. Not that the songs will be played on the radio but there will be attention for it.

exposure? I think she tried that with the European MFN promo, she has waaayyyy more work to do in Europe. I want her to figure out her first South American gig too .....Janet the journey has much work to go and a lot of digging in your heels and saying this is what will be

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rocknet said:

exposure? I think she tried that with the European MFN promo, she has waaayyyy more work to do in Europe. I want her to figure out her first South American gig too .....Janet the journey has much work to go and a lot of digging in your heels and saying this is what will be

Even though mainstream radio didn't pick up MFN there has been a lot of positive feedback on MFN. Several tv shows in the Netherlands talked about the song and the video and it was doing very well on iTunes for like a week.

So a new album will actually give her some exposure. People will be reminded of Miss Janet and yes, THAT will help selling tickets.

3 hours ago, Dal said:

Very cool yet not a huge surprise since Aktiv was on Beats 1 Radio last week promoting “more dates with Janet in the new year”.. Interested in finding out what the set list will be

We knew though.

Her team has been hinting about international legs for like a year. Plus, Janet said that she was definitely gonna tour overseas with SOTW. But it's great to see the actual dates appearing...