9. Control
  10. WHYDFML
  11. Pleasure Principle 
  12. So Excited
  13. All Nite (Don’t Stop)
  14. Rock Wit U (I CAN DREAM!!! 😫😭😭😭)
  15. All For You
  16. When I Think of You
  17. Enjoy (Yup!!! It’s about damn time!!! 😡😫)
  18. China Love (PLLLEEEASSSEE!!! 😫😭😭😭)
  19. Runaway 
  20. Doesn’t Really Matter 
  21. (Costume Change #1)
  22. Ballad Medley (Can’t B Good) ❤️❤️❤️
  23. Come Back To Me 
  24. I Want You
  25. Any Time, Any Place
  26. Everytime
  27. Call On Me 
  28. No Sleep ft. J. Cole
  29. Got Til It’s Gone
  30. That’s the Way Love Goes
  31. Throb
  32. (Costume Change #2)
  33. Son of A Gun
  34. If
  35. Rhythm Nation
  36. *Introducing Band and Dancers*
  37. Together Again
  38. Made For Now

I know it won’t happen but hope she changes the set list at least a little for Part 3 of the tour! 👀

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

By altering the original SOTW2 Setlist to make a SOTW3 Setlist that is still respective to 100 mins to the normal show length I would something like this. BTW If your wondering why I took off her biggest hits its becuase Im just curious in my mind to see how her creating a new tour with new concepts and theatrics would look like in 2019 and I am including imaginary new songs to include in the setlist becuase at the back of our minds there is a possibility of her doing a new album with new songs being added on the setlist. Kinda like what Beyonce did when she dropped self-titled during Ms. Carter Show. Also I dont like the idea of Janet just being a "greatest hits artist" while people like Madonna are giving you something brand new even there are few old songs she sings

1. "Intro
  2. "New Song”(replaces SOTW2 Version of Skin Game and The Knowledge)
  3. “The Knowledge”(replaces SOTW2 Version of Feedback)/"BURNITUP"
  4. "Nasty"
  5. "New Song”(contains elements of The Great Forever)(replaces SOTW2 Version of Miss You Much, Alright and You Want This)
  6. "Control"/"What Have You Done for Me Lately"/"The Pleasure Principle"
  7. "New Song"(replaces SOTW2 Version
  8. “Alright”(contains elements of Singin In The Rain and Zoot Suit and Chattanooga Choo Choo by Dorothy Dandridge (replaces SOTW2 Version of "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" and "When I Think Of You")
  9. "Love Will Never Do (Without You)"/"Miss You Much"Dance Break1** /"All Nite (Don't Stop)"/”Throb”(SOTW2 Version)/”So Excited”(SOTW1 Atlanta Version)2**(replaces SOTW2 Version "All For You","All Nite"/"Runaway"
  10. "New Song"(replaces SOTW2 Version Of "When We Oooo,"Feels So Right","Doesnt Really Matter")
  11. "Album Cut Medley (replaces SOTW2 Version of “Truth”,"Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)","I Get Lonely","Any Time, Any Place","What's It Gonna Be?!")
  12. "No Sleeep Intro"/”Night”(replaces SOTW2 Version of No Sleeep)
  13. "New Song"(replaces SOTW2 Version Got til Its Gone and Thats The Way Love Goes)
  14. "New Song"(replaces SOTW2 Version of So Much Betta/Throb/Together Again)
  15. "What About"
  16. "You Ain't Right"
  17. "If"1/”Feedback”2
  18. "Black Eagle"(replaces SOTW2 Version of Scream)
  19. "Rhythm Nation"(with EMA Breakdown)
  20. "Shoulda Known Better"(replaces SOTW2 Version of State Of The World)
  21. “Made For Now”(contains elements of "Got 'til It's Gone")

1**-First few shows in SOTW2

2**Last few shows in SOTW 

Also the interludes such as the Again Interlude should be the Dream Maker/Euphoria Interlude and the  Idle What About Interlude should be the Lessons Learned Interlude

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I have a feeling State of the World Part 3/2019 might be the last leg and a short one at that like the 2nd leg last year! 🤔 Something tells me the “State of the World Tour” has just been a transitional tour to make up for Janet’s bad reputation of cancelling tours since “Rock Witchu” and especially “Unbreakable”. If the lastest rumors of a new single and album on the way are true, maybe Janet and her team have been working on not only making her more accessible in other markets as well as reintroducing her to a younger generation but making her a reliable touring artist again, especially “globally”. I know Janet doesn’t owe her fans anything at this point but it would make sense why the roll out of international dates for SOTW have been so slow or non-existent. 😳🤔

Maybe after the R+RHOF induction, Janet will have a new single and album out, spend most of the year promoting it with more singles and videos this year as well as live performances and interviews until she announces a NEW World Tour starting in late 2019 until mid 2020!!! 😳😱 Remember this is all speculation!!! 🤪😉 but considering the build up of last year’s rollout with MFN, her multiple Icon/Lifetime Achievements, etc. It seems that Janet and her team are trying to make her a MAJORLY profitable artist again even this late in her career and that’s....kind of awesome!!! 🤔😃😆

13 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Honestly, I have a feeling State of the World Part 3/2019 might be the last leg and a short one at that like the 2nd leg last year! 🤔 Something tells me the “State of the World Tour” has just been a transitional tour to make up for Janet’s bad reputation of cancelling tours since “Rock Witchu” and especially “Unbreakable”. If the lastest rumors of a new single and album on the way are true, maybe Janet and her team have been working on not only making her more accessible in other markets as well as reintroducing her to a younger generation but making her a reliable touring artist again, especially “globally”. I know Janet doesn’t owe her fans anything at this point but it would make sense why the roll out of international dates for SOTW have been so slow or non-existent. 😳🤔

Maybe after the R+RHOF induction, Janet will have a new single and album out, spend most of the year promoting it with more singles and videos this year as well as live performances and interviews until she announces a NEW World Tour starting in late 2019 until mid 2020!!! 😳😱 Remember this is all speculation!!! 🤪😉 but considering the build up of last year’s rollout with MFN, her multiple Icon/Lifetime Achievements, etc. It seems that Janet and her team are trying to make her a MAJORLY profitable artist again even this late in her career and that’s....kind of awesome!!! 🤔😃😆

Okay, that's a nice theory.

However, I think she is sticking to SOTW but with changes and songs of the new album in upcoming legs. Janet already made name with this particular tour and there is a lot of footage Livenation can use to promote it globally. 

I think Jan and team are just waiting until the album is out. The album will be the most important promotion.

1 hour ago, Damitajo said:

I'm already tired of the SOTW tour already ngl :unsure:. Her past 4 tours have been her performing every thing in her discography. I get using getting that for the Number Ones tour, but as of now ? I don't want 20 medleys. Idk maybe it's just my preference 

That’s why a new tour makes more sense. “Unbreakable” seemed more like a tour to support the actual album while “State of The World” seems more like a greatest hits tour. It wouldn’t make sense if she continued this tour with a new album on the way since she would have to drastically switch up the set list to promote it. Hence, my theory! 🤔🤪

2 hours ago, Damitajo said:

I'm already tired of the SOTW tour already ngl :unsure:. Her past 4 tours have been her performing ever,y thing in her discography. I get using getting that for the Number Ones tour, but as of now ? I don't want 20 medleys. Idk maybe it's just my preference 

I understand that from a fan prospective, but also I understand that when she did "Unbreakable" tour a lot of the audience really didnt know the album's new material to give off that energy Janet and any artist thrives on to perform I know because I was there :umm:. Sadly new music isnt going beyond the fan base now, and touring does reach beyond the fans, it gets butts in those seats that havent bought a Janet album in years and guess what? They dont know the new songs ....they know "Nasty" and "Rhythm Nation" though :coffee:

On 1/28/2019 at 10:11 PM, Rocknet said:

I understand that from a fan prospective, but also I understand that when she did "Unbreakable" tour a lot of the audience really didnt know the album's new material to give off that energy Janet and any artist thrives on to perform I know because I was there :umm:. Sadly new music isnt going beyond the fan base now, and touring does reach beyond the fans, it gets butts in those seats that havent bought a Janet album in years and guess what? They dont know the new songs ....they know "Nasty" and "Rhythm Nation" though :coffee:

See my issue isn't the fact that not enough album material is being performed. Unbreakable is not filled with performance hype songs (nor was it very good), but my issue is that the tour just feels cluttered. I can understand the hits being performed because Janet isn't known for stuff like Dammn Baby or Burnitup or even stuff like Feedback, etc, but I don't like her trying to fit and squeeze every single in existence. I'd prefer it if the setlist was less compact. If we got her fave 20+ tracks that weren't cut to 30 seconds a piece. 

1 hour ago, Damitajo said:

See my issue isn't the fact that not enough album material is being performed. Unbreakable is not filled with performance hype songs (nor was it very good), but my issue is that the tour just feels cluttered. I can understand the hits being performed because Janet isn't known for stuff like Dammn Baby or Burnitup or even stuff like Feedback, etc, but I don't like her trying to fit and squeeze every single in existence. I'd prefer it if the setlist was less compact. If we got her fave 20+ tracks that weren't cut to 30 seconds a piece. 

I can get that too, but if she did take it down to just the songs she likes, we're talking a greatest hits tour every time.  I did like how she gave into performing songs only the fans knew, that was really cool, having her do "Spending Time With You" and opening with a b-side!  gurl get it

I dont want to feed into the unlikey expectation that she would perform these songs but I really like seeing you guys share your "dream setlist" but can you guys share some songs or acts or concept ideas you would like seen in SOTW3setlist. Ooh and also what concepts and revamps you would like old songs to have

Just now, jinthahouse said:

I dont want to feed into the unlikey expectation that she would perform these songs but I really like seeing you guys share your "dream setlist" but can you guys share some songs or acts or concept ideas you would like seen in SOTW3setlist. Ooh and also what concepts and revamps you would like old songs to have

I've constantly thought the opener could be reimagined to fit any audience, racism as a theme worked here in the states, but the entire world has a ton of ideas she could explore, I would redo the opener to fit that audience

58 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

I've constantly thought the opener could be reimagined to fit any audience, racism as a theme worked here in the states, but the entire world has a ton of ideas she could explore, I would redo the opener to fit that audience

yh i think any part of the show can be easily manipulated or updated with ease like the interludes could have different songs playing during them

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 10:59 PM, Rocknet said:

greatest hits tour every time

i'm like super late but i must clear my name and ideas ! it's like overly complicated to explain, but i dont dislike the sotw tour because it's mainly greatest hits and basically a greatest hits tour. i am completely fine with that since that's the artist janet's become now. i just dislike the show because she feels the need to perform every single hit. it feels too frenzied and i just missed some of the songs getting performed in full

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damitajo said:

i'm like super late but i must clear my name and ideas ! it's like overly complicated to explain, but i dont dislike the sotw tour because it's mainly greatest hits and basically a greatest hits tour. i am completely fine with that since that's the artist janet's become now. i just dislike the show because she feels the need to perform every single hit. it feels too frenzied and i just missed some of the songs getting performed in full

I actually agree with that, I think Janet may feel the need to prove how much she's done because people act like they forgot, and in doing so she touches on almost every hit. I would also add having seen the show(s) in person the energy of the overall crowd goes down when she performs songs only the fans really know. Let's face it, Janet hasn't had a huge hit in a very very long time, so new music is not reaching the ears of the general public that may still buy tickets to see her perform but don't know shit about her albums past AFY

My wishing list is to get rid of GIL, as a creative director for Janet Jackson there are few things that should've never happened. I feel like his approach is for us to settle with Janet gracing the stage again, period.

1. The lackluster opening and missed opportunities.

There should be no reason why two men are pulling the screen down manually as Janet perform the opening number. Janet did not dance 1 time during Damn Baby and I would love to see bare minimal, the video solo breakdown. M4N is horrible live with no theme and dark stage. The boxes at the end of the stage look cheap, cheesy and you can actually see the construction of the box. The school chairs during When I think of You are horrible.

2. The dancers look a mess. Adidas outfits, knee pads showing, tank top and shorts. Where are the fashions? I find it very distracting from the song selection and vibe of the show. The VR Adidas outfits were suited for Throb.

3. Medley- Janet, VR, All 4 You, Number ones, unbreakable, sotw, sotw 2 tours.  ok we get it, so many hits you guys.. Can we get full songs like Alright from the All for you tour. As a fan, it took me back to the video with dancing, acting, old ladies with fans, Zoo suites. This was a moment!

4. 2018 European M4N performance, why is Janet holding that long fabric behind her neck while two men are in the background adjusting the fabric? 

Not polished for an artist like Janet.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, GTIG said:

My wishing list is to get rid of GIL, as a creative director for Janet Jackson there are few things that should've never happened. I feel like his approach is for us to settle with Janet gracing the stage again, period.

There should be no reason why two men are pulling the screen down manually as Janet perform the opening number. Janet did not dance 1 time during Damn Baby and I would love to see bare minimal, the video solo breakdown. M4N is horrible live with no theme and dark stage. The boxes at the end of the stage look cheap, cheesy and you can actually see the construction of the box. The school chairs during When I think of You are horrible.

2. The dancers look a mess. Adidas outfits, knee pads showing, tank top and shorts. Where are the fashions? I find it very distracting from the song selection and vibe of the show. The VR Adidas outfits were suited for Throb.

3. Medley- Janet, VR, All 4 You, Number ones, unbreakable, sotw, sotw 2 tours.  ok we get it, so many hits you guys.. Can we get full songs like Alright from the All for you tour. As a fan, it took me back to the video with dancing, acting, old ladies with fans, Zoo suites. This was a moment!

4. 2018 European M4N performance, why is Janet holding that long fabric behind her neck while two men are in the background adjusting the fabric? 

giphy.gif

I read the entire post and what you had to say, I think a lot of us are missing the idea, that in order for Janet to make a profit touring, she doesn't have the luxury of all the bells and whistles, those things cost. I'm willing to bet aside from her personal glam squad, there is no wardrobe team in place for the dancers, unlike other tours where there were actual costumes made (tailor)

Janet may be at a point in her life that she doesn't have the energy nor feel the need to go all out for the crowd, she's done that and we've seen it so if she gets on stage and just lips it in a chair, I'm still cool with being in the same building as Janet muthafucking Jackson

I don't think any of her openers were weak, I wouldn't say that, Janet's shows tend to gravitate towards the largess of a musical Icon, just on a budget lately -_- 

On 2/21/2019 at 10:13 AM, GTIG said:

giphy.gif

May I ask what are the missed opportunities for the opening