RARE CLIP of Paula and Janet rehearsing for WHYDFML VIDEO!!!!!

janetDAYZ

4 hours ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

Janet IS moving like she is giving a tribute to herself on BET. :ph34r:

giphy.gif

Honestly, it was rehearsal n Janet was only tapping into her full potential at this point in her career. I mean, Janet gave me more here than Paula who was teaching her the steps, so....🙄🤨

8 hours ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

Janet IS moving like she is giving a tribute to herself on BET. :ph34r:

cute....but....BUT....if you've been a fan for awhile you should know Janet in rehearsals isnt turned up....matter fact there are a lot of rehearsal footage where she's barely awake it seems

8 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Did any of yall catch that Paula was too early on a part and Janet was right on time? How is the socalled "student" hitting the points  better than you? 

I saw Janet mess up numerous times and having to be corrected by Paula. Janet started off with the wrong hand which is why she apologized and Paula said “it’s okay.” At 0:10 she wasn’t supposed to put both hands on her head, one was supposed to be on her hip, which is why Janet said “oh shoot.” At 0:30 Paula has to correct Janet by saying “audience,” meaning look at the audience when you dance. She was looking down while dancing which is one of the biggest no-nos in dance. At 0:42 Janet’s legs were too spread apart. The weight is supposed to be evenly distributed on both legs. That’s easily 4 mistakes Janet made in this one sequence. And when you look at the finished product you see how Janet listened to Paula’s advisement. Janet’s was literally 19 here. The arrogance to suggest she danced better than someone older and had been professionally trained for 20 years at that point.🙄

11 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

giphy.gif

Honestly, it was rehearsal n Janet was only tapping into her full potential at this point in her career. I mean, Janet gave me more here than Paula who was teaching her the steps, so....🙄🤨

Because she was the choreographer and watching Janet to make sure she did it right. Why would she go full out while still working with someone who didn’t have the routine down pat yet? How dense are you?😕

2 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

Because she was the choreographer and watching Janet to make sure she did it right. Why would she go full out while still working with someone who didn’t have the routine down pat yet? How dense are you?😕

It’s all about execution of the movements and Janet looked like she getting the routine down rather well. I’m just saying Janet is a natural dancer like Paula and outshined her in this clip even tho she was still coming into her own as a performer.😉 No need for throwing insults boo, it’s as clear as day in the clip. Practice what u preach tho! 😊 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

It’s all about execution of the movements and Janet looked like she getting the routine down rather well. I’m just saying Janet is a natural dancer like Paula and outshined her in this clip even tho she was still coming into her own as a performer.😉 No need for throwing insults boo, it’s as clear as day in the clip. Practice what u preach tho! 😊 

Janet was still learning here. Janet is a quick learner, but she still made several mistakes throughout this sequence. Why would the choreographer go full out while still teaching someone the routine? Paula gave maybe 60% here. I just wish some of you fans would just accept that Janet was not always the great, polished dancer we see today. At some point she was still a novice. She was a novice here still learning at the foot of a more experienced dancer. It doesn’t diminish Janet, it’s just a fact.

10 minutes ago, Black Eagle said:

Janet was still learning here. Janet is a quick learner, but she still made several mistakes throughout this sequence. Why would the choreographer go full out while still teaching someone the routine? Paula gave maybe 60% here. I just wish some of you fans would just accept that Janet was not always the great, polished dancer we see today. At some point she was still a novice. She was a novice here still learning at the foot of a more experienced dancer. It doesn’t diminish Janet, it’s just a fact.

No one is saying Janet or Paula were polished here! 😒 Of course, Paula was the more experienced one since she’s the choreographer. All I’m saying is, even here, Janet’s execution and interpretation of the moves were leaps and bounds better than Paula. That’s why Janet has lasted so long because of HOW she dances, not how fast she gets the movements. Both weren’t going full on but the way Janet was dancing to the choreography, even here, looks more interesting than what Paula was doing with it. Paula was always a more straight forward professional dancer than the funk/sass Janet adds to her choreography. It’s all opinions I suppose, so I digress. 🙄

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

I saw Janet mess up numerous times and having to be corrected by Paula. Janet started off with the wrong hand which is why she apologized and Paula said “it’s okay.” At 0:10 she wasn’t supposed to put both hands on her head, one was supposed to be on her hip, which is why Janet said “oh shoot.” At 0:30 Paula has to correct Janet by saying “audience,” meaning look at the audience when you dance. She was looking down while dancing which is one of the biggest no-nos in dance. At 0:42 Janet’s legs were too spread apart. The weight is supposed to be evenly distributed on both legs. That’s easily 4 mistakes Janet made in this one sequence. And when you look at the finished product you see how Janet listened to Paula’s advisement. Janet’s was literally 19 here. The arrogance to suggest she danced better than someone older and had been professionally trained for 20 years at that point.🙄

When Paula said "audience" she wasn't correcting Janet cause her eyes weren't even on Janet to see where she was looking. She said it simply because that's the part where they look at the audience. Why do you come off as mad af about it? :unsure: 

• Upvote 1

Why am I not surprised this same member comes into a thread and has to ALWAYS play the role of the opposer? Its like a gimmick. The Darth Vader comes in to disagree with everyone to drum up debatable dialogue juss becus. Reminds me alot of Norman but more annoying. Not interested 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Not rare but nice clip

Oh really? And when did you see it for the first time? Let me guess ..10 years ago or something ? Igga Please! The whole Janet community is calling this clip RARE..even from the reaction in this thread displays a first time viewing of it..how odd that youre the only one saying its not rare. Again. Igga Please! 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

When Paula said "audience" she wasn't correcting Janet cause her eyes weren't even on Janet to see where she was looking. She said it simply because that's the part where they look at the audience. Why do you come off as mad af about it? :unsure: 

They were in front of a dance mirror. Paula saw all of Janet’s movements. Janet was looking down until Paula corrected her and that’s when Janet looked up.

2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Why am I not surprised this same member comes into a thread and has to ALWAYS play the role of the opposer? Its like a gimmick. The Dark Vader comes in to disagree with everyone to drum up debatable dialogue juss becus. Reminds me alot of Norman but more annoying. Not interested 

That’s because most Janet fans on here are insecure and bitter, and I’m against that behavior. I don’t subscribe to the herd mentality of agreeing with everything posted on here in the name of Janet. And it’s DARTH Vader.🙄

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

Dnnfnfnvnbnbmbmbm