Cleveland.com Asks: Who Stole The Show: Janet or Spongebob

I voted and everything, but as a diehard fan I MUST make this statement. It is disheartening that after 15 years Janet's name still comes up with this event every year no matter what. I honestly dont think Janet would want her name floated about this event at all ever again

4 hours ago, Rocknet said:

I voted and everything, but as a diehard fan I MUST make this statement. It is disheartening that after 15 years Janet's name still comes up with this event every year no matter what. I honestly dont think Janet would want her name floated about this event at all ever again

Same here. I know she has to be sick and tried of it. Even if the tide has turned in favor of her. It's more of an embarrassment not an accomplishment. This sh*t literally derailed her damn near spotless career. It's a sore spot. 

1 hour ago, BlackCat1989 said:

Same here. I know she has to be sick and tried of it. Even if the tide has turned in favor of her. It's more of an embarrassment not an accomplishment. This sh*t literally derailed her damn near spotless career. It's a sore spot. 

Damita Jo derailed her near spotless career 

1 hour ago, BlackCat1989 said:

Damita Jo would have been another hit album for her. Her single was already set to burn up the charts. That nip slip put a whole damper on that era. I wish it had never happened... 

:lmao: :lmao: Just a Little While is a mess... IWY is a snore and AN(ds) is 1) overrated thanks to the fans 2) features her whisper vocals fans HATED  

Damita Jo album was inconsistent... filled with meaningless songs and fillers, with a recycled theme..

The Super Bowl did allow it to get Janet’s highest first week sales ever and it went on to become double-platinum HOWEVER it is Janet’s weakest album since Dream Street and that.is.a.FACT

5 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

:wacko:

I'd rather Janet be linked to the Superbowl than be associated with crack pipes, molestation, rape, etc... the Superbowl happend but it said more about our country than Janet and people are finally realizing it and more people are defending her...but go awf :wacko:

those are the worst case scenarios that Janet wasn't ever going to be in anyway, the SB talk is tired as hell

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

:lmao: :lmao: Just a Little While is a mess... IWY is a snore and AN(ds) is 1) overrated thanks to the fans 2) features her whisper vocals fans HATED  

Damita Jo album was inconsistent... filled with meaningless songs and fillers, with a recycled theme..

The Super Bowl did allow it to get Janet’s highest first week sales ever and it went on to become double-platinum HOWEVER it is Janet’s weakest album since Dream Street and that.is.a.FACT

I liked Damita Jo minus the sexual songs about JD... Ewww. But to each his own. 

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

:wacko:

I'd rather Janet be linked to the Superbowl than be associated with crack pipes, molestation, rape, etc... the Superbowl happend but it said more about our country than Janet and people are finally realizing it and more people are defending her...but go awf :wacko:

That's true. But before that Janet basically had no huge scandals. The whole thing was just blewn out of proportion. 

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Y'all should be used to this shit by now. :rolleyes: They will never stop mentioning Janet's infamous performance...it's pretty legendary at this point...but go awf

Exactly! I don't mind her being a part of NFL history. Younger generations are being introduced to her and may want to look her up and learn about her.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BlackCat1989 said:

Damita Jo would have been another hit album for her. Her single was already set to burn up the charts. That nip slip put a whole damper on that era. I wish it had never happened... 

% 100 ! The media was responsible for damaging this album, pure brain washing .. The album did not reach it's full potential and was not accompanied by a tour/additional visuals. Janet killed Don't Stop live and the video was SICK (let's not forget MTV banned the video until after hours)  I Want You was nominated for a Grammy.. . I would've died for Island Life, R&B junkie which gained club play without a single release, another performance of Strawberry Bounce and a sick video to Moist (What's it's gonna be style). Janet looked Great, the styling was Great, Make up on point, and her vocals were Great.

The media tried to damage Janet's most creative album yet, the VR . Reporting low sales, Janet's last tour, S&M freak and being gay, Coffee enema, the track YOU was written about her brother, Janet is a weirdo because of tattoo and piercing, .. Janet embraced her roots at the time where NO POP STAR DARED. 

Let me get off my soap box...

giphy.gif

DJ would've been a hit...sorry about the typos in advance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GTIG said:

% 100 ! The media was responsible for damaging this album, pure brain washing .. The album did not reach it's full potential and was not accompanied by a tour/additional visuals. Janet killed Don't Stop live and the video was SICK (let's not forget MTV banned the video until after hours)  I Want You was nominated for a Grammy.. . I would've died for Island Life, R&B junkie which gained club play without a single release, another performance of Strawberry Bounce and a sick video to Moist (What's it's gonna be style). Janet looked Great, the styling was Great, Make up on point, and her vocals were Great.

The media tried to damage Janet's most creative album yet, the VR . Reporting low sales, Janet's last tour, S&M freak and being gay, Coffee enema, the track YOU was written about her brother, Janet is a weirdo because of tattoo and piercing, .. Janet embraced her roots at the time where NO POP STAR DARED. 

giphy.gif

How you go from DJ to TVR? :blink: TVR released great songs to combat media coverage... Damita Jo did not 

A Grammy nomination isn’t that serious

2 hours ago, BlackCat1989 said:

It sure is. Every year without fail it comes up. I just don't like the sh*t. 😔

At this point Janet is synonymous with the Half Time Show. 

Nobody mentions Madonna, a select few care about Prince, Michaels performance was iconic but he was still no match for Janet's nipple. It is what it is. They used to talk shit about Janet, but now with this whole #MeToo movement...more people are defending her and I am here for it. 

YouTube, Wardrobe Malfunction and Nip Slip exist because of the Queen. :D

Bitch got a whole appreciation day and it was trending twice.

But go awf.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GTIG said:

giphy.gif

Nah it wasn't the media. It was Viacom and Les Moonves. The radio and tv stations had Janet in heavy rotation until they were told not to play her anymore. 

21 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

It doesn't take me more than 5 seconds to hoe a thread up :lol:  speaking of I saw a picture today of Janet and Morris Chessnutt where Janet may as well be butt ass naked  :wub:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/593841900839515614/

Do u boo I ain’t mad atcha! 😎🤪

And Got Damn!!!😳😱 I’m so confused right now!!! 😳🤔 Chestnut can always get it but DAAAAMMMMNNN JANETTT!!! 😍❤️❤️😫😭😭😭

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rocknet said:

It doesn't take me more than 5 seconds to hoe a thread up :lol:  speaking of I saw a picture today of Janet and Morris Chessnutt where Janet may as well be butt ass naked  :wub:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/593841900839515614/

Lmao!  Tf she got on?  It looks like a bra and under wear made out of toilet paper. Her body is bangin tho!!