Darkchild worked on Janet’s new album?!?

Lenzo88

5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

She explored plenty on "Damita Jo" with tracks like "SloLove", "Island Life", "Sexhibition", and "Just A Little While". I always hated that Jimmy was pressed about Janet working with other people and so were some of the fans but oh well. She also explored on "Discipline". Both albums gave me 2 of my top 5 Janet tracks of all time.

Yea all those DJ tracks are great ones. I think we have a while before any music is dropped and things can go in any direction between now and then. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Beyond Feedback Janet & Rodney have created subpar work. DJ was a very good album shrouded in drama which made it lose it buzz but still very underrated with many good tracks. 

IF we’re going to say Jimmy & Terry give her a classic sound but others give her - Michael, wtf was The Great Forever? That was Michael & so was Take Me Away on the verses, Unbreakable at many places & on Gon Be Alright. 

Its become obvious to me; they’re (all producers) that work with Janet are trying to preserve a “Jackson” sound & vibe. She is also heavily to “blame” for how much or little she branches out. There’s many lanes she can explore, and many of which she refuses or just doesn’t. 

What I said was true. Ask any shit producer (Neyo) on Discipline

That’s not the SOUND I was referring to.. There’s nothing Michael about TGF and Take Me Away. That vocal shit MJ was known for came natural to Janet but she, in the past, cut that the fuck out to separate her sound from his. Janet also produced those songs

7 hours ago, Rocknet said:

I dont like "Dose" :umm:

No one does huney 

7 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

She explored plenty on "Damita Jo" with tracks like "SloLove", "Island Life", "Sexhibition", and "Just A Little While". I always hated that Jimmy was pressed about Janet working with other people and so were some of the fans but oh well. She also explored on "Discipline". Both albums gave me 2 of my top 5 Janet tracks of all time.

Most of those were produced by Jimmy/Terry and Both those albums are trash

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

What I said was true. Ask any shit producer (Neyo) on Discipline

That’s not the SOUND I was referring to.. There’s nothing Michael about TGF and Take Me Away. That vocal shit MJ was known for came natural to Janet but she, in the past, cut that the fuck out to separate her sound from his. Janet also produced those songs

Natural in the form of they are both siblings not natural in the form, she purposely played into it. If you can go to a Janet concert & hear her sing old Janet songs & sound just about the same as when she recorded them - BUT on Unbreakable you hear specific songs where she sounds very close to Michael & the music has a PURPOSEFUL “Jackson-esque” melody, rhythm, cadence...then it’s not the producers alone...it’s a collaborative thing she’s a part of. 

MFN was a departure from that sound, and there’s other tracks that were a departure on Unbreakable, but she chose those records. She wasn’t forced into them. You’re not an MJ fan so I know it frustrates you to see how you can’t seem to escape their likenesses. 

3 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Natural in the form of they are both siblings not natural in the form, she purposely played into it. If you can go to a Janet concert & hear her sing old Janet songs & sound just about the same as when she recorded them - BUT on Unbreakable you hear specific songs where she sounds very close to Michael & the music has a PURPOSEFUL “Jackson-esque” melody, rhythm, cadence...then it’s not the producers alone...it’s a collaborative thing she’s a part of. 

MFN was a departure from that sound, and there’s other tracks that were a departure on Unbreakable, but she chose those records. She wasn’t forced into them. You’re not an MJ fan so I know it frustrates you to see how you can’t seem to escape their likenesses. 

I’ve been to four Janet concert tours.. She started the Jackson-esque thing after he died to avoid confusion & be independent. While MJ could never without painkillers at her age

I hear TGF thing but that is all. The rest sound like classic Janet with a modern twist. I don’t hear her brother especially on Take Me Away and I’ve listened to that song 1038x

On 2/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, Game For Now said:

1) Their hands in the pot is all that is needed 

2) My opinion is backed up with facts... 53 metacritic score = 🗑 

1. Their hands were also in the pot for 20..... it's not a guarantee for "greatness" having them involved just like it's not for them not to be involved, based on what we have we know the chances, but they aren't guarantees.

2. Your opinion is "factual" because it relies on the Metacritic score, yet your source of "facts" gave Unbreakable got a 75 while they gave Caution which in your opinion (or your facts) is so awful an 82 (her highest score and a higher score on the site than A4Y too). So are they only factual on Damita Jo & nothing else or is Caution as great as everyone's saying, or is Metacritic a bad place to source "facts"?

Image result for Hmmm gif

1 hour ago, jarrylf said:

1. Their hands were also in the pot for 20..... it's not a guarantee for "greatness" having them involved just like it's not for them not to be involved, based on what we have we know the chances, but they aren't guarantees.

2. Your opinion is "factual" because it relies on the Metacritic score, yet your source of "facts" gave Unbreakable got a 75 while they gave Caution which in your opinion (or your facts) is so awful an 82 (her highest score and a higher score on the site than A4Y too). So are they only factual on Damita Jo & nothing else or is Caution as great as everyone's saying, or is Metacritic a bad place to source "facts"?

1) the second half of 20 > the first; plus Janet didn’t have shit to say besides “Peace Virgin Records”

2) only eight critics reviewed that trash Mariah album. So essentially it doesn’t matter while Unbreakable has TWENTY TWO. AFYPeasants got the score it deserved with 13 reviews

If Mariah had 22 critics review her shit album she wouldn’t have that score... change my mind

Nice try tho 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, jarrylf said:

They said themselves the real factor at play is whether Janet wants to make music and has something on her mind. When Janet doesn't want to make music, Jimmy said "well why are we in the studio then?"

6 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

They said themselves the real factor at play is whether Janet wants to make music and has something on her mind. When Janet doesn't want to make music, Jimmy said "well why are we in the studio then?"

Bingo... we got nothing from that from Damita Jo to Discipline. Cute bops but not much substance. You cannot say that about 86-01 & 2015🤷🏾‍♂️

3 hours ago, Game For Now said:

1) the second half of 20 > the first; plus Janet didn’t have shit to say besides “Peace Virgin Records”

2) only eight critics reviewed that trash Mariah album. So essentially it doesn’t matter while Unbreakable has TWENTY TWO. AFYPeasants got the score it deserved with 13 reviews

If Mariah had 22 critics review her shit album she wouldn’t have that score... change my mind

Nice try tho 🤷🏾‍♂️

1. But their hands were in the pot for the entire album according to the credits tho, thus my point the entire time.

Animated GIF

2.   Nice Trap you mean, I was hoping you'd bring up the number of reviews which furthers my point that it's a flawed source to cite as factual because it's contingent on the number of TYPES of reviews to get those scores, there's no "if's" about it, if Caution had 24 it would affect it's score, yet it has 82 based off 9/9 positive reviews. Damita Jo only has 4 more reviews than Caution yet has 5 positive, 6 mixed, and 2 negatives, thus +2 or -2 of the reviews & that Changes Damita Jo's grade drastically, and not to mention it's all purely based on. It'd be slightly more credible if they used the same number of reviews for every album from the same sources, and even then its not concrete because the site doesn't include EVERY professional review (obviously) so their scores are based on just the reviews they grab. Based on the "facts" of Metacritic scores, Damita Jo is mixed & Caution is Great. I don't have to change your mind, I'm right whether your mind agrees or not :coffee:

3 hours ago, Rocknet said:

Thus is my entire point, that we don't have an album without them (or with them in a smaller role than hers in production) where she's as hands-on as she is when she's feeling it, thus you can't say accurately "she needs them" to make anything work, she needs to be heavily involved to get the best results, as long as she's in control, I trust the results

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Does Janet always have to have something to say when she releases an album? Why can't she just release music for the hell of it and just have some good jams?:umm:

Some fans think that since she's had conceptual albums before, that she should stick to that..they will use 20 Y.O. and Discipline as examples--moreso because she didn't write as much on those albums.

Honestly, she's better when she really has something to say..but I wouldn't mind a more free, happy-go-lucky Janet a la A4U..even MFN was energetic, colorful, and playful..but had a message.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

16 hours ago, jarrylf said:

1. But their hands were in the pot for the entire album according to the credits tho, thus my point the entire time.

Animated GIF

2.   Nice Trap you mean, I was hoping you'd bring up the number of reviews which furthers my point that it's a flawed source to cite as factual because it's contingent on the number of TYPES of reviews to get those scores, there's no "if's" about it, if Caution had 24 it would affect it's score, yet it has 82 based off 9/9 positive reviews. Damita Jo only has 4 more reviews than Caution yet has 5 positive, 6 mixed, and 2 negatives, thus +2 or -2 of the reviews & that Changes Damita Jo's grade drastically, and not to mention it's all purely based on. It'd be slightly more credible if they used the same number of reviews for every album from the same sources, and even then its not concrete because the site doesn't include EVERY professional review (obviously) so their scores are based on just the reviews they grab. Based on the "facts" of Metacritic scores, Damita Jo is mixed & Caution is Great. I don't have to change your mind, I'm right whether your mind agrees or not :coffee:

Thus is my entire point, that we don't have an album without them (or with them in a smaller role than hers in production) where she's as hands-on as she is when she's feeling it, thus you can't say accurately "she needs them" to make anything work, she needs to be heavily involved to get the best results, as long as she's in control, I trust the results

1) their hands and one too many (JD fucked up 20 bigly)

2) Caution only has 8 reviews.. all positive (wonder why and an Indy release has 22; While a major record labeled artist has 8??... #bullshit) 

There’s no need to break down the reviews... Damita Jo received 12 critic reviews.. which is adequate 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Some fans think that since she's had conceptual albums before, that she should stick to that..they will use 20 Y.O. and Discipline as examples--moreso because she didn't write as much on those albums.

Honestly, she's better when she really has something to say..but I wouldn't mind a more free, happy-go-lucky Janet a la A4U..even MFN was energetic, colorful, and playful..but had a message.

Exactly! She ain't have shit to say on the "All For You" album and it was fun, happy, upbeat, and had hits! There's a reason it sold 8 million ww. It's actually one of Janet's favorite albums too. She damn near performed every song on the album except for "China Love" and "Better Days". Every other song has been performed live

• Downvote 1

🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

“She didn’t have shit to say for AFY” = DELUSIONAL

It was her first album after being liberated from her longtime secret husband.. she was literally going through a divorce after a decade-long romance and experiencing her single life for the FIRST time in her career.. dating for the first time in her life... It’s her second most personal album to date. That “fun” message had meaning behind it for her 

YOU cannot say the same for any album post-AFY 

While it was high energy, “fun”, AFY has a LOT to say and is considered one of her most autobiographical albums (next to the previous, TVR) Every song is about her life.. every song is personalized to fit her life at that moment. STCML? AFY? SOAG? TRUTH? BETTER DAYS? Like seriously?! Are you ignoring everything or just forgetting? YAR?! C’mon!!! 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

To ignore the AFY message is upright ridiculous and anyone who disagrees should resign from janfam IMMEDIATELY 

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

Exactly! She ain't have shit to say on the "All For You" album and it was fun, happy, upbeat, and had hits! There's a reason it sold 8 million ww. It's actually one of Janet's favorite albums too. She damn near performed every song on the album except for "China Love" and "Better Days". Every other song has been performed live

Well she was coming off a divorce and she was single..she writes about what's going on in her life, so she had time to read Rene and them. :lol: She had plenty to say on YAR, SOAG, and Truth. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

Well she was coming off a divorce and she was single..she writes about what's going on in her life, so she had time to read Rene and them. :lol: She had plenty to say on YAR, SOAG, and Truth. 

the album didn't sell because of those 3 songs. It sold for the reason I stated above lightness :rolleyes: 

• Downvote 1