Janet Jackson Nominated for an NAACP Image Award

you people make me fucking sick to my stomach, you weak ass none stanning tricks :sigh: look at this list below okay, Ima need ya'll to clock the time correctly because of this list who should win? Now ask yo self who did win? :coffee:    If Janet shows up, she won before they even open the envelope :filenails:

Janet Jackson Why Did I Get Married? [20]
Ruby Dee American Gangster
Loretta Devine This Christmas
Meagan Good Stomp the Yard
Queen Latifah

Hairspray

9 hours ago, Rocknet said:

you people make me fucking sick to my stomach, you weak ass none stanning tricks :sigh: look at this list below okay, Ima need ya'll to clock the time correctly because of this list who should win? Now ask yo self who did win? :coffee:    If Janet shows up, she won before they even open the envelope :filenails:

Janet Jackson Why Did I Get Married? [20]
Ruby Dee American Gangster
Loretta Devine This Christmas
Meagan Good Stomp the Yard
Queen Latifah

Hairspray

We all remember that show, and you being extra and rude is unnecessary. Janet had one song in rotation late last year & it looks like they have used her to round out the category. All accolades she receives is amazing, & we’ve seen her winning ICON awards left & right - if she wins “outstanding female artists”, whatever that exactly is, it’ll be nice. 

BUT due to the actual push of the other artists currently - it would be likely HER would win. Also, that year (2008) Janet won she was also the presenter of Stevie Wonder’s lifetime achievement award - which is why she really came. She couldn’t even believe she won. 

17 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

We all remember that show, and you being extra and rude is unnecessary. Janet had one song in rotation late last year & it looks like they have used her to round out the category. All accolades she receives is amazing, & we’ve seen her winning ICON awards left & right - if she wins “outstanding female artists”, whatever that exactly is, it’ll be nice. 

BUT due to the actual push of the other artists currently - it would be likely HER would win. Also, that year (2008) Janet won she was also the presenter of Stevie Wonder’s lifetime achievement award - which is why she really came. She couldn’t even believe she won. 

of course, I had to get your attention and I did *BOOM* :wave:

Listen. Janet is way past her days of winning "regular" awards. She's in a whole new legendary stratosphere which is why she gets the lifetime achievement awards (even tho shes been getting them since TVR era -which is an accomplishment ..Mariah? Where you at?) So of course the younger acts have a better chance at winning the "regular" awards. Juss like how in the late 80s Whitney and Janet would take home trophies when they were nominated w/ Aretha, Patti, etc. You would hardly ever see Patti or Aretha win an award that Janet or Whitney was nominated it. Cus they were considered to be older acts while Janet and Whitney were the fresh and new it girls. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Listen. Janet is way past her days of winning "regular" awards. She's in a whole new legendary stratosphere which is why she gets the lifetime achievement awards (even tho shes been getting them since TVR era -which is an accomplishment ..Mariah? Where you at?) So of course the younger acts have a better chance at winning the "regular" awards. Juss like how in the late 80s Whitney and Janet would take home trophies when they were nominated w/ Aretha, Patti, etc. You would hardly ever see Patti or Aretha win an award that Janet or Whitney was nominated it. Cus they were considered to be older acts while Janet and Whitney were the fresh and new it girls. 

Best explanation. They tend to use older acts to round out and seemingly legitamize the award itself. It’s not even that the “regular” awards are lesser awards they’re just merited for/off a different demographic. Now, if Janet were to somehow win...it would be great that she’s still getting recognized BUT to some degree for the NAACP it would also look a bit - out of touch. 

That’s not a shade to Janet trust me, she understands and could care less. These women, who she is herself a fan of, are building their careers. They’re doing consistent & hard work. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...