Oscars tonight

bu.

I haven’t seen a single one of the movies this year except Black Panther and A Star is Born. 

I predict Glen will win best actress. I hope Regina King wins best supporting actress. Gaga will win best original song. I think Roma or Blakkklansman will win best Picture

This is probably the 1st time in a good while everything I rooted for won something. Gaga winning tonight slays because the whole A Star Is Born era feels like she's still at the beginning, there's still so much more for her to do and slay. I have been saying it for years she's the top entertainer of today period. I'm beyond excited for what's next for her. Rami Malek is literally "A Star Is Born" I've loved him for years and to see him go from bit parts here & there for years, to a starring role in a series, to playing Freddie Fucking Mercury, it's a beautiful thing. So glad about Spike finally winning, so glad about Regina finally being nominated & winning, glad Black Panther won for stuff (I don't think it deserved the best picture nomination If Beale Street Could Talk did). I'm shocked Glen Close didn't win I knew she had it, she's been sweeping (I haven't seen the movie so I didn't have an opinion on her not winning). And Into The Spiderverse is 1 of the best-animated movies I've ever seen so that was well deserved.

Lol at 'top entertainer'. 

I'm mad Green Book won. A mess!

But other than that I'm happy with the winners. I wanted Glen to win!! But Olivia Coleman slays and is British so I stan.

I'm happy for Rami even though Bohemian Rhapsody was a mess. I've loved him for years so I'm glad he got recognition (and Bradley didn't for his overhyped but good movie).

YES YES YES at Regina winning! I'm SO happy for her!!

• Like 1

I didn't watch the telecast, but I was on twitter so it's the same thing. :rolleyes:

Shockers: Green Book wins Best Picture.  I haven't seen the movie, so I don't have any qualms about it winning.  I know the controversy about Viggo and other shit didn't have any impact. 

Poor Glenn Close.  I had a feeling she wasn't gonna win once she lost the BAFTA to Olivia Colman. And she came dressed in the color of the Oscar. :lmao: 

Congrats to all the Black excellence winning last night.  BlacKkKlansman was my favorite film of 2018.  Happy Spike won!  Regina King proving not having a SAG and BAFTA nomination didn't stop her from winning(still need to check out the movie).

Heard that the show was good without a host.  Maybe they can use this method from now on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hotboy06 said:

I didn't watch the telecast, but I was on twitter so it's the same thing. :rolleyes:

Shockers: Green Book wins Best Picture.  I haven't seen the movie, so I don't have any qualms about it winning.  I know the controversy about Viggo and other shit didn't have any impact. 

Poor Glenn Close.  I had a feeling she wasn't gonna win once she lost the BAFTA to Olivia Colman. And she came dressed in the color of the Oscar. :lmao: 

Congrats to all the Black excellence winning last night.  BlacKkKlansman was my favorite film of 2018.  Happy Spike won!  Regina King proving not having a SAG and BAFTA nomination didn't stop her from winning(still need to check out the movie).

Heard that the show was good without a host.  Maybe they can use this method from now on.

You didn’t mention Gaga. :coffee: 

10 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Somebody needs to do a courtesy check on Madonna and make sure she is alright. Gaga got her Oscar and Janet is being inducted next month...not to mention her daughter shading her for being pasty...I'm worried :unsure:

:rolleyes:

I'm not if Madonna said I'm announcing dates for my new world wide tour that will actually tour Europe as its part of the world :rolleyes:  all these chicks would gag, she wouldnt even need an album

3 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Glen wore waaaaayyyyy too much fabric, poor gal she should have an Oscar

9 hours ago, bu. said:

Lol at 'top entertainer'. 

Has she not now dominated and earned respect in every aspect of mainstream entertainment music (excluding Broadway, but she's got more flex than anyone else in so many things, she don't have to rush for Broadway). There's nobody else that's doing it all and winning at it all (like J.Lo kinda does but she doesn't win at much of anything)

1 hour ago, jarrylf said:

Has she not now dominated and earned respect in every aspect of mainstream entertainment music (excluding Broadway, but she's got more flex than anyone else in so many things, she don't have to rush for Broadway). There's nobody else that's doing it all and winning at it all (like J.Lo kinda does but she doesn't win at much of anything)

chile I'm convinced JLo is all smoke and mirrors, what has she really done? No tea no shade, but what is JLo great for? :unsure:

2 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Her acting is wooden. She was not that great in ASIB except the music which was excellent. On top of that her music is only winning because it appeals to soccer mums and Trump America. If she was doing her normal pop again she’d fade back into oblivion. 

3 minutes ago, bu. said:

Her acting is wooden. She was not that great in ASIB except the music which was excellent. On top of that her music is only winning because it appeals to soccer mums and Trump America. If she was doing her normal pop again she’d fade back into oblivion. 

bitch you should have ended that post with    "fight me"  :lol:  cause shots fired :unsure:

11 minutes ago, bu. said:

But that's your opinion though, she didn't get a Best Actress nom for her music, and she doesn't have a Golden Globe win for her season of American Horror Story for her music, my point is no matter what anyones singular opinions are about her talent, she's dominating & winning in every field of entertainment like nobody else today is even close to (love or don't like anybody else) especially in the pop music landscape, and it's refreshing.

I'd say Lady Gaga is reinventing the entire notion of "reinvention" not too many females in the game get to flop and come back to the top, but like her, dont like her, whatever no one can deny Lady Gaga has a really good career going, and from what little I did hear of her soundtrack to the movie, I liked it