Oscars tonight

bu.

That's my point, that actually makes it sweeter that she started to fall off, and then bam opened up her career path. I semi-expected this around Born This Way, she just seemed to be above being a force just in music, and she kind of reeks of that old Hollywood, DO IT ALL mentality that I respect and that's been missing in alot of these entertainers, they set their hopes on pop & live & die by that fickleness. I knew she'd venture into acting but I don't think I would've thought in the Born This Way days that she'd be so accepted and respected in it (no matter the talent, which I think she has for it).

I'd put money that we're getting a Gaga Broadway production soon, and that she'll get at least a Tony nomination. 

32 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

But that's your opinion though, she didn't get a Best Actress nom for her music, and she doesn't have a Golden Globe win for her season of American Horror Story for her music, my point is no matter what anyones singular opinions are about her talent, she's dominating & winning in every field of entertainment like nobody else today is even close to (love or don't like anybody else) especially in the pop music landscape, and it's refreshing.

Many people have criticised the GG win. ASIB was always going to be an Oscar favourite thanks to the previous versions. There was buzz long before Gaga was even attached it. She’s having a resurgence sure but it is far too early to say she’s dominating when there’s people out performing and out succeeding her on their respective fields. 

27 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

I'd say Lady Gaga is reinventing the entire notion of "reinvention" not too many females in the game get to flop and come back to the top, but like her, dont like her, whatever no one can deny Lady Gaga has a really good career going, and from what little I did hear of her soundtrack to the movie, I liked it

It’s a good movie with a brilliant soundtrack. Was the film Oscar worthy? Fuck no. But the music sure was. 

36 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

bitch you should have ended that post with    "fight me"  :lol:  cause shots fired :unsure:

I love Gaga but she isn’t top at all. I agree she has that old Hollywood aura about her though. She isn’t going anywhere that’s for sure. 

15 minutes ago, bu. said:

Many people have criticised the GG win. ASIB was always going to be an Oscar favourite thanks to the previous versions. There was buzz long before Gaga was even attached it. She’s having a resurgence sure but it is far too early to say she’s dominating when there’s people out performing and out succeeding her on their respective fields. 

Many people complain about & criticize every Oscar win, many people criticize the validity of the Oscars period, it doesn't mean anything unless it's for something that wasn't a critical success, she got stellar reviews for the movie period. She was having a resurgence would be her getting notice for her many realms now

Why she's top is that she's beating out people in their respective lanes, and literally no other pop star is a threat to that right now or in the last 5-10-15years. That's why she's the top entertainer right now. It would've been too early when she 1st got her Oscar nomination 2-3yrs ago, now after all she's done, she's owning.

But I ask, if she's not the top of entertainment right now, who is? By the criteria I laid out, music, TV, film who's not only being recognized, but winning awards and getting hits for all 3, just curious...

5 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

Many people complain about & criticize every Oscar win, many people criticize the validity of the Oscars period, it doesn't mean anything unless it's for something that wasn't a critical success, she got stellar reviews for the movie period. She was having a resurgence would be her getting notice for her many realms now

Why she's top is that she's beating out people in their respective lanes, and literally no other pop star is a threat to that right now or in the last 5-10-15years. That's why she's the top entertainer right now. It would've been too early when she 1st got her Oscar nomination 2-3yrs ago, now after all she's done, she's owning.

Yet you have Oscar voters who have come out and said she wasn’t that good and the movie was overhyped :lmao: . The music was the best thing about it. Other than that it was an unoriginal rehash of many movies before it (Glitter comes to mind) including its predecessors. AHS was just an extension of her wacky pop persona. ASIB was basically her. I’ll be convinced she’s a good actress when she does something original and completely out of depth for her. There is no pop girl that can act well imo except maybe J Lo. 

Just because Gaga can sing well and act mediocrely doesn’t make her the top entertainer. She hasn’t beaten anyone out in acting - she lost last night. She hasn’t beaten anyone out at singing - there are better singers. She can’t even tour because of her hip and has resigned herself to Vegas to make it easier for her. Nonetheless she’s had a good year. So where is the top?

She was never going to get that Oscar years ago because they seem to hate Diane Warren. I can’t remember if she was nomated for the Elton John music from Gnomeo and Julier. Like I said - she’s winning because she changed her formula. The wacky pop wasn’t working anymore so she went with the rock trump america Sound. They will always eat up that southern rock with a hint of country sound. 

There is no top entertainer imo. Ariana has been dominating the music landscape since before ASIB came out. The movies have been flip flopping between all the nominated movies. If anything Bohemian Rhapsody has stood out more (and grossed more)

29 minutes ago, bu. said:

Yet you have Oscar voters who have come out and said she wasn’t that good and the movie was overhyped :lmao: . The music was the best thing about it. Other than that it was an unoriginal rehash of many movies before it (Glitter comes to mind) including its predecessors. AHS was just an extension of her wacky pop persona. ASIB was basically her. I’ll be convinced she’s a good actress when she does something original and completely out of depth for her. There is no pop girl that can act well imo except maybe J Lo. 

Just because Gaga can sing well and act mediocrely doesn’t make her the top entertainer. She hasn’t beaten anyone out in acting - she lost last night. She hasn’t beaten anyone out at singing - there are better singers. She can’t even tour because of her hip and has resigned herself to Vegas to make it easier for her. Nonetheless she’s had a good year. So where is the top?

She was never going to get that Oscar years ago because they seem to hate Diane Warren. I can’t remember if she was nomated for the Elton John music from Gnomeo and Julier. Like I said - she’s winning because she changed her formula. The wacky pop wasn’t working anymore so she went with the rock trump america Sound. They will always eat up that southern rock with a hint of country sound. 

There is no top entertainer imo. Ariana has been dominating the music landscape since before ASIB came out. The movies have been flip flopping between all the nominated movies. If anything Bohemian Rhapsody has stood out more (and grossed more)

Really? I'd love to see some links on that 1st part, because the thing is....we all know it takes majority votes to win, but it also takes majority votes to be nominated so I mean a few is cute & all, but I mean it doesn't speak for the whole academy, and on the Golden Globe, she won tho....Kirsten deserved it more IMO, but Gaga got it. And I think we have a mixup in communication, I'm not asking about your opinion on her talent at all, I'm asking about the success. Because thinks she deserves it or not, she's getting nominated & she's winning alot of what she's being nominated for thus she's a threat to anyone she's nominated against What I'm asking is....In terms of a pop artist who cross over, Who.Else.Is? I'm not saying she's the most talented entertainer of her generation (she's up there but she's definitely not alone), what makes her top is her winning in these fields that other pop girls aren't even a thing in. That's why & where she's the top Bu...For her to not be she has to be Jennifer Lopez and doing it all but getting VERY little in return in terms of the awards and charts. The number of awards you have in music doesn't make you the best musician to ever do it or the worst, same for film & TV & stage....it makes you the top 

Whether or not anyone's opinion is she doesn't deserve it, the fact is she is the only pop star in ages to have substantial success in music, film & TV, period=She top dog right now. The equivalent of what I'm talking about is if Ariana was winning & nominated for Golden Globes & Emmy's for TV & separately nominated for Golden Globes & an Oscar for a film too, regardless of the opinion, knab that, and Gaga has a competitor. Right now, it's just Gaga (who also won 3 Grammys to this year, where's Ariana just got her 1st after 6yrs & 4 eligible albums/eras).

Yet between Bohemian which 1 has the better reviews and was nominated for Best Picture and has been nominated for most of the best picture awards?

14 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

Really? I'd love to see some links on that 1st part, because the thing is....we all know it takes majority votes to win, but it also takes majority votes to be nominated so I mean a few is cute & all, but I mean it doesn't speak for the whole academy, and on the Golden Globe, she won tho....Kirsten deserved it more IMO, but Gaga got it. And I think we have a mixup in communication, I'm not asking about your opinion on her talent at all, I'm asking about the success. Because thinks she deserves it or not, she's getting nominated & she's winning alot of what she's being nominated for thus she's a threat to anyone she's nominated against What I'm asking is....In terms of a pop artist who cross over, Who.Else.Is? I'm not saying she's the most talented entertainer of her generation (she's up there but she's definitely not alone), what makes her top is her winning in these fields that other pop girls aren't even a thing in. That's why & where she's the top Bu...For her to not be she has to be Jennifer Lopez and doing it all but getting VERY little in return in terms of the awards and charts. The number of awards you have in music doesn't make you the best musician to ever do it or the worst, same for film & TV & stage....it makes you the top 

Whether or not anyone's opinion is she doesn't deserve it, the fact is she is the only pop star in ages to have substantial success in music, film & TV, period=She top dog right now. The equivalent of what I'm talking about is if Ariana was winning & nominated for Golden Globes & Emmy's for TV & separately nominated for Golden Globes & an Oscar for a film too, regardless of the opinion, knab that, and Gaga has a competitor. Right now, it's just Gaga (who also won 3 Grammys to this year, where's Ariana just got her 1st after 6yrs & 4 eligible albums/eras).

Yet between Bohemian which 1 has the better reviews and was nominated for Best Picture and has been nominated for most of the best picture awards?

Look it up. The most recent one is in Hollywood reporter. She didn’t win a golden globe for her acting in ASIB. I don’t do opinions, I do facts especially since out of everyone on here I’m the most neutral and balanced. Success does not = talent. You say she’s the top entertainer yet what she’s apparently top at she’s not that good at. And the wins weren’t there either except the tie  with Glen. Now music is separate since that’s actuslly a field she’s strong in and she definitely deserved the nominations and awards for Shallow (although I want justice for I’ll Never Love Again). She is most definitely not a threat to any of the actresses she was nominated against. If you’re talking pop music crossovers then even then it’s silly to say she’s the top at that when literally no one else is attempting to cross over right now. You’d have a point if there were several pop girls doing it but there aren’t therefore your comment is mute. She still isn’t the top entertainer. 

Bohemian Rhapsody suffered in its reviews because of Bryan Singer and its omission of Freddie’s homosexuality. Yet it still grossed more and won Best Picture Golden Globe unlike Ms Germanotta’s flick. 

chile I tried, I just can't :sigh: its too much to read, what I gather is Bu feels Lady Gaga is over rated at the moment, and Jarry feels she's top of entertainment. I kinda agree with Bu, from what Ive read I dont think Lady Gaga is top of entertainment, put out an original studio album that performs well, that hasnt happen for her in a long while, which kinda explains the whole crop of acting roles and everything else. I just dont think Lady Gaga is the top of it, I think she's extremely talented but she's at the top of riding a wave of recognition, its kinda the "in thing" to award her right now. Now is her craft that great? Nope, I could see a non-singing role and getting credit for that but she's not really stretching her chops here, and Bu was right AHS was an extension of her persona already no stretch there, hell some of those clothes she probably owned :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bu. said:

Look it up. The most recent one is in Hollywood reporter. She didn’t win a golden globe for her acting in ASIB. I don’t do opinions, I do facts especially since out of everyone on here I’m the most neutral and balanced. Success does not = talent. You say she’s the top entertainer yet what she’s apparently top at she’s not that good at. And the wins weren’t there either except the tie  with Glen. Now music is separate since that’s actuslly a field she’s strong in and she definitely deserved the nominations and awards for Shallow (although I want justice for I’ll Never Love Again). She is most definitely not a threat to any of the actresses she was nominated against. If you’re talking pop music crossovers then even then it’s silly to say she’s the top at that when literally no one else is attempting to cross over right now. You’d have a point if there were several pop girls doing it but there aren’t therefore your comment is mute. She still isn’t the top entertainer. 

Bohemian Rhapsody suffered in its reviews because of Bryan Singer and its omission of Freddie’s homosexuality. Yet it still grossed more and won Best Picture Golden Globe unlike Ms Germanotta’s flick. 

LOFL you're literally saying you don't think she's the top because she's not talented enough and that no one in music  is because they aren't talented enough,  that's all your opinion. When did I say Success=Talent? I'm saying success = the top. She's at the top of being the only female entertainer to have substancial success in TV....FILM....& MUSIC. I didn't say she got a Golden Globe for her acting in A Star Is Born....she got it for her acting in TV, THUS Im saying success in TV is on her resume. You're giving all opinion, your opinion on how talented or untalented she is YOUR opinion, the fact is....she has the hits, she's had successful tours, she has the Grammys, she has a Oscar in music, she has a Emmy nomination for her acting on TV, she has a Oscar nomination for her acting in film. WHO ELSE DOES RIGHT NOW?....................................IF NOBODY DOES....SHE ON TOP.........SHE'S THE ONE TO BEAT.....TILL SOMEONE ELSE HAS MORE......IT DON'T MAKE HER THE BEST......IT MAKES HER THE TOP AT DOMINATING THE FIELD....UNLESS.....you can name 1 person who is right now....then I'll concede.

And it suffered it too for being exactly what you criticized A Star is Born for being a basic rise to fame story, which is sad for what Queens' legacy deserved not even on the sexuality they made 1 of the most rebelious button pushing acts of all time into a PG-13 biopic...that's the main criticism, except A Star Is Born has critical acclaim

5 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

LOFL you're literally saying you don't think she's the top because she's not talented enough and that no one in music  is because they aren't talented enough,  that's all your opinion. When did I say Success=Talent? I'm saying success = the top. She's at the top of being the only female entertainer to have substancial success in TV....FILM....& MUSIC. I didn't say she got a Golden Globe for her acting in A Star Is Born....she got it for her acting in TV, THUS Im saying success in TV is on her resume. You're giving all opinion, your opinion on how talented or untalented she is YOUR opinion, the fact is....she has the hits, she's had successful tours, she has the Grammys, she has a Oscar in music, she has a Emmy nomination for her acting on TV, she has a Oscar nomination for her acting in film. WHO ELSE DOES RIGHT NOW?....................................IF NOBODY DOES....SHE ON TOP.........SHE'S THE ONE TO BEAT.....TILL SOMEONE ELSE HAS MORE......IT DON'T MAKE HER THE BEST......IT MAKES HER THE TOP AT DOMINATING THE FIELD....UNLESS.....you can name 1 person who is right now....then I'll concede.

And it suffered it too for being exactly what you criticized A Star is Born for being a basic rise to fame story, which is sad for what Queens' legacy deserved not even on the sexuality they made 1 of the most rebelious button pushing acts of all time into a PG-13 biopic...that's the main criticism, except A Star Is Born has critical acclaim

That’s not what I said so you mustn’t be reading. 

Oh we going caps now? Ok then. YOU CANNOT BE THE TOP IF YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE IN THE HOUSE. That’s like me going to a zoo, getting into a cage and saying “i’m The top human on display”. No sis I’m the ONLY human on display. Gaga is NOT the top. I don’t need you to concede. It’s a fact. If there’s 100 girls that trying to cross over into movies and acting st the same time and only one Gaga succeeds then you can say she’s the top. Until then she isn’t. 

13 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

chile I tried, I just can't :sigh: its too much to read, what I gather is Bu feels Lady Gaga is over rated at the moment, and Jarry feels she's top of entertainment. I kinda agree with Bu, from what Ive read I dont think Lady Gaga is top of entertainment, put out an original studio album that performs well, that hasnt happen for her in a long while, which kinda explains the whole crop of acting roles and everything else. I just dont think Lady Gaga is the top of it, I think she's extremely talented but she's at the top of riding a wave of recognition, its kinda the "in thing" to award her right now. Now is her craft that great? Nope, I could see a non-singing role and getting credit for that but she's not really stretching her chops here, and Bu was right AHS was an extension of her persona already no stretch there, hell some of those clothes she probably owned :lol:

So you're missing the entire point too if your take away is "I don't think she's the best because of the talent" youve missed the entire point. My point is, she's could retire from music right now, because there's basically not much else room in music success she hasn't done or achieved already. Let me break it down a bit more easier

Golden Globe win for acting on a TV series, got it

Golden Globe nomination for Acting in a movie, got it

Emmy Nomination for acting in a series, Got it

Grammys, #1's, Oscar, Golden Globe in music, Got it

Oscar for acting, Got it

WHO.ELSE? If nobody else does, she's the top of pop stars who venture into film & TV, PERIOD. For like the 12th time, it don't make her the best to have all that, it makes her a threat that nobody else is right now at having ALLLL of that

2 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

So you're missing the entire point too if your take away is "I don't think she's the best because of the talent" youve missed the entire point. My point is, she's could retire from music right now, because there's basically not much else room in music success she hasn't done or achieved already. Let me break it down a bit more easier

Golden Globe win for acting on a TV series, got it

Golden Globe nomination for Acting in a movie, got it

Emmy Nomination for acting in a series, Got it

Grammys, #1's, Oscar, Golden Globe in music, Got it

Oscar for acting, Got it

WHO.ELSE? If nobody else does, she's the top of pop stars who venture into film & TV, PERIOD. For like the 12th time, it don't make her the best to have all that, it makes her a threat that nobody else is right now at having ALLLL of that

you just proved Bu right, if there were more females out there spread as far out as Lady Gaga and had talent, you might not see Lady Gaga win or even be nominated for playing a singer in a movie that's a remake.  Awards and even being nominated doesnt mean nearly as much as they did if so she wouldnt be thrown into every show every time she made a move. I would think the bar would be set higher for a singer turned actress, back in the day plenty of female pop stars tried that cross over and were crucified for it. This is not new here

15 minutes ago, bu. said:

That’s not what I said so you mustn’t be reading. 

Oh we going caps now? Ok then. YOU CANNOT BE THE TOP IF YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE IN THE HOUSE. That’s like me going to a zoo, getting into a cage and saying “i’m The top human on display”. No sis I’m the ONLY human on display. Gaga is NOT the top. I don’t need you to concede. It’s a fact. If there’s 100 girls that trying to cross over into movies and acting st the same time and only one Gaga succeeds then you can say she’s the top. Until then she isn’t. 

This dialogue has been Me: The talent doesn't matter, she's winning in film, TV, & music & nobody else is. You: She's winning but I don't think she's the best at it all so it doesn't matter. 

Except she's not the only one in the house, theres Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Janelle Monae, Jennifer Lopez, Ariana, Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys. They're all in the house, they're all musicians who've done either or both TV & Film......Gaga....is the only 1 of the above who has success in Music, TV, & Film in major ways. I mean J.Hud might be considered close, she has awards for her acting, but not much success at all in music on the other hand, so still not comparable. Nobody else is, and they're trying....:coffee:

3 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

This dialogue has been Me: The talent doesn't matter, she's winning in film, TV, & music & nobody else is. You: She's winning but I don't think she's the best at it all so it doesn't matter. 

Except she's not the only one in the house, theres Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Janelle Monae, Jennifer Lopez, Ariana, Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys. They're all in the house, they're all musicians who've done either or both TV & Film......Gaga....is the only 1 of the above who has success in Music, TV, & Film in major ways. I mean J.Hud might be considered close, she has awards for her acting, but not much success at all in music on the other hand, so still not comparable. Nobody else is

chile look at that list though? It's busted as hell, I wish they would give Rihanna an acting anything :mellow:  and Miley Cyrus :blink: she should leave the building ....and JLo is only in the building as a place holder :coffee: she aint even nominated for anything

1 minute ago, jarrylf said:

Except she's not the only one in the house, theres Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Janelle Monae, Jennifer Lopez, Ariana, Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys. They're all in the house, they're all musicians who've done either or both TV & Film......Gaga....is the only 1 of the above who has success in Music, TV, & Film in major ways. I mean J.Hud might be considered close, she has awards for her acting, but not much success at all in music on the other hand, so still not comparable. Nobody else is

They did it years ago. They got their success from it. Then they stopped crossing over and focused on other avenues. You’re talking about RIGHT NOW, in your own words. Miley’s focus is music and her marriage right now. Rihanna’s focus is make up and movies right now. Ariana’s focus is music and recovering from anxiety right now. Beyoncé’s focus is to have a break right now before she promotes The Lion King this summer. Jennifer Hudson focus is the Voice UK right now. Jennifer Lopez focus is what she can steal next right now. I don’t even know what’s alicia is doing. But all of those have been there done that and no long trying it therefore my point still stands. Gaga is all alone in the house therefore she is not the top.