Anytime, Anyplace

Kaleidoscope Eyes

I dont hate to say anything when it comes to enjoying music, and neither should any of you :umm:  I've said it before, I can separate the art from the artist, and that's very important to be able to do nowadays because you have homophobic comedians,  pedophile singers, I mean shit is real. Now as for Anytime Anyplace, I like both versions about equally, actually just yesterday I heard the album version and I still love that "lub-dub" heart beat that goes through that song. As for R Kelly, let me be really honest with ya'll, I've been listening to his music more lately :mellow: Step in the Name of Love, Feeling Single.......BOPS !

42 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

I dont hate to say anything when it comes to enjoying music, and neither should any of you :umm:  I've said it before, I can separate the art from the artist, and that's very important to be able to do nowadays because you have homophobic comedians,  pedophile singers, I mean shit is real. Now as for Anytime Anyplace, I like both versions about equally, actually just yesterday I heard the album version and I still love that "lub-dub" heart beat that goes through that song. As for R Kelly, let me be really honest with ya'll, I've been listening to his music more lately :mellow: Step in the Name of Love, Feeling Single.......BOPS !

Dont feel bad. I’ve been bumping TP2 like it just came out. Notice black folks are told to “cancel” our legends for their transgressions but they won’t hold Elvis or any of them dudes who did far worse accountable 

• Like 1

I think both versions are perfect for different reasons (and both great to have sex  to). The album version serves the Jazz lover in me with that instrumental, also....the adlibs in the 2nd chorus are perfect yet aren't in the Robert Remix weirdly, also I love her lil scatting for 2 mins in the original too. The Robert version hits that smooth R&B 94 GROOVE, you could groove to that shit in the streets, in the sheets, and on the floor, it highlights her voice. In the original, her voice is seemingly competing with the instrumental for shine (a sole criticism I have for some of her biggest hits, the Jam & Lewis "wall of sound" hides her vocal best sometimes or takes away the impact). The Robert remix her voice & the instrumental complement each other. So I love both almost equally, me choosing 1 over the other is case/question sensitive.

And on the subject of seperating the art from the artist, it's a skill, I know what I know, but those songs make me feel how I feel based on my memories, emotions, & opinion on the music not the person, or even what the songs about, I don't have to KNOW the intimacy of the lyrical context to love or hate or be indifferent to a song, & thats me, & I get & respect that that's not everyone, but yea I don't subscribe to "cancel culture" I can despise your actions and your personality but enjoy your work & creativity

1 hour ago, jarrylf said:

I think both versions are perfect for different reasons (and both great to have sex  to). The album version serves the Jazz lover in me with that instrumental, also....the adlibs in the 2nd chorus are perfect yet aren't in the Robert Remix weirdly, also I love her lil scatting for 2 mins in the original too. The Robert version hits that smooth R&B 94 GROOVE, you could groove to that shit in the streets, in the sheets, and on the floor, it highlights her voice. In the original, her voice is seemingly competing with the instrumental for shine (a sole criticism I have for some of her biggest hits, the Jam & Lewis "wall of sound" hides her vocal best sometimes or takes away the impact). The Robert remix her voice & the instrumental complement each other. So I love both almost equally, me choosing 1 over the other is case/question sensitive.

And on the subject of seperating the art from the artist, it's a skill, I know what I know, but those songs make me feel how I feel based on my memories, emotions, & opinion on the music not the person, or even what the songs about, I don't have to KNOW the intimacy of the lyrical context to love or hate or be indifferent to a song, & thats me, & I get & respect that that's not everyone, but yea I don't subscribe to "cancel culture" I can despise your actions and your personality but enjoy your work & creativity

Brilliant post!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Illi said:

The album version was really long-winded and lethargic. 

The R. Kelly remix gave the song a more fitting tempo therefore making it more radio friendly.

I remember, no joke, that thugs and gang members would be riding in their cars bumping the remix all throughout the neighborhood. Everybody loved that mix. There's a reason why the song almost made it to no.1 on the Hot 100. We needed that bass in there. The original was too mellow.

23 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

FUHUHUCK YES them instrumentals were on POINT

Totally Agreed.. original was a MOOD and closed the album perfectly. The rain, her mumbling, very seductive, JANET VOCALS...

I prefer the album version of 24 play too.

51 minutes ago, GTIG said:

Totally Agreed.. original was a MOOD and closed the album perfectly. The rain, her mumbling, very seductive, JANET VOCALS...

I prefer the album version of 24 play too.

I dont think there's too much difference in the 24 play versions, but the song slaps

The RK remix is so very 1994 and too much of his sound, which (in my opinion) was starting to feel a little played out by the time this remix came out. Maybe if the backing track were more subtle, I’d like it more. (Or maybe I was just never that much a fan of his sound)

But the original is a CLASSIC and I feel like has aged very well.