Janet - Park MGM Las Vegas Residency

Kishi

Good morning, I'm going to post a video blog this week, but will share some highlights from opening night.

* A fan I met in Lafayette had two extra tickets and gave them to Marlene and I. So we both were in 205 Row A and moved up to 103 third row!!! So grateful!!!

* I GOT TO MEET - I shook hands with Yvette Nicole Brown, Austin Brown, brother Randy, Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Jam with family, Cookie & Magic Johnson, Gil, Joey Harris, James, Guero, Alex, Laurel, and Denzel. I said hello to Paulette and Queen Latifah.ย 

THE SETLIST
* GAGGING!!!!!! She finally did Empty, China Love, and Moist. How did this happen? I feel like the team watches those poll threads. I thanked Gil a ton because it's refreshing and we were genuinely in shock.

* MADE FOR NOW - On Sat 5/11, I sang this song at a Caribbean LGBT festival that I helped organize. 6 days later I'm doing the dance routine in the aisle and Janet points at me twice, blows me a kiss, and laughs with me. A dream ๐Ÿ˜
ย 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kishi said:

Good morning, I'm going to post a video blog this week, but will share some highlights from opening night.

* A fan I met in Lafayette had two extra tickets and gave them to Marlene and I. So we both were in 205 Row A and moved up to 103 third row!!! So grateful!!!

* I GOT TO MEET - I shook hands with Yvette Nicole Brown, Austin Brown, brother Randy, Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Jam with family, Cookie & Magic Johnson, Gil, Joey Harris, James, Guero, Alex, Laurel, and Denzel. I said hello to Paulette and Queen Latifah.ย 

THE SETLIST
* GAGGING!!!!!! She finally did Empty, China Love, and Moist. How did this happen? I feel like the team watches those poll threads. I thanked Gil a ton because it's refreshing and we were genuinely in shock.

* MADE FOR NOW - On Sat 5/11, I sang this song at a Caribbean LGBT festival that I helped organize. 6 days later I'm doing the dance routine in the aisle and Janet points at me twice, blows me a kiss, and laughs with me. A dream ๐Ÿ˜
ย 

Happy for you boo!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Utopia said:

loving everything im seeing so far. all it's missing is an album now ^_^ย 

Yup but I could see the set-list changing to accommodate at least 5 other new songs than Made For Now should she choose to release an album out during May-August

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

Yup but I could see the set-list changing to accommodate at least 5 other songs than Made For Now should she choose to release an album out during May-August

The Best Things in Life are Free

Funny How Time Flies

COGU

China Love

RWY but only bc fans giveย that song too muchย :umm:ย 

13 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

Yup but I could see the set-list changing to accommodate at least 5 other new songs than Made For Now should she choose to release an album out during May-August

Made for now had massive front load promo and then vanished ๐Ÿ˜‚ wasted.ย 

If she goes full disco on a new album I hope she releases during the summer.

Janet is not playing any new music during the residency nor is she releasing something anytime that soon. The setlist can be found in the tourbook. Apparently she is gonna perform 'Love 2 Love'. Or did i miss that song last weekend?๐Ÿ‘€

New music will be played on her next world tour. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ

4 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Janet is not playing any new music during the residency nor is she releasing something anytime that soon. The setlist can be found in the tourbook. Apparently she is gonna perform 'Love 2 Love'. Or did i miss that song last weekend?๐Ÿ‘€

New music will be played on her next world tour. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ

They misspelled IGL :umm:ย 

-_-ย Ugh she has two legs.. may as well change it up by adding new musicย 

39 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

They misspelled IGL :umm:ย 

-_-ย Ugh she has two legs.. may as well change it up by adding new musicย 

Yeah that was a bit messy. I don't see her chance theย 2nd leg's setlist.ย Maybe outfits here and there though.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, Iโ€™m not even sure if thereโ€™s an album happening anymore!!! (Are you happy now Dayz! ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿคช) ย Since โ€œMade For Nowโ€, Janet has become all but silent on the new music front. With everything going on with her R&RHOF induction and massive production residency in Vegas, ย sheโ€™d use all this promo and publicity to release new material but she isnโ€™t....at the moment. I seriously wonder what is going on since the EP was suppose to be released last fall but was scrapped. What exactly is Janet and her teamโ€™s future plans at this moment??? No clue! But her lips are sealed so tight compared to how much she was looking forward to new music during her M4N radio promo. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ

2 hours ago, Kishi said:

As fans and human beings, we need to learn to accept what's happening and let go of what didn't happen or should happen.ย 

We have the residency for now, enjoy it!

Are you coming to see Janet in SF in September?

21 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Honestly, Iโ€™m not even sure if thereโ€™s an album happening anymore!!! (Are you happy now Dayz! ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿคช) ย Since โ€œMade For Nowโ€, Janet has become all but silent on the new music front. With everything going on with her R&RHOF induction and massive production residency in Vegas, ย sheโ€™d use all this promo and publicity to release new material but she isnโ€™t....at the moment. I seriously wonder what is going on since the EP was suppose to be released last fall but was scrapped. What exactly is Janet and her teamโ€™s future plans at this moment??? No clue! But her lips are sealed so tight compared to how much she was looking forward to new music during her M4N radio promo. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I think she pushed back the album when she was made the offer to perform in Vegas. It's still coming. I think there is going to be a special Rhythm Nation 30th anniversary release in September, and the album early 2020 + world tour.

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

I think she pushed back the album when she was made the offer to perform in Vegas. It's still coming. I think there is going to be a special Rhythm Nation 30th anniversary release in September, and the album early 2020 + world tour.

I do admire you optimism.

#Justice4Europe!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

Which would give her a 5th decade of #1 albumsย 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, _KINGSEANCOURT_ said:

I just wanna say I love the new routine for "YOU"ย 

I do too!ย  I also love the nods back to previous tours, the costumes for the performance of "You" takes cues from the VR tour...I really enjoy the idea of building on an image as a branding of sort, the stripes on the sides are synonymous to the performance of "You" from VR the only thing missing is the two sided masks

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

possibly making Janet the only artist in history to do so.....

Nope!!! Barbara Streisand still holds the title for 6 decades in a row. Janet would be only second to her and third overall after her and Springsteen I think. ๐Ÿค”

Still hoping for a new Janet album before the end of this decade, give us at least 2 per decade per usual. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ

38 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Nope!!! Barbara Streisand still holds the title for 6 decades in a row. Janet would be only second to her and third overall after her and Springsteen I think. ๐Ÿค”

Still hoping for a new Janet album before the end of this decade, give us at least 2 per decade per usual. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I wasn't aware of this, which is why I said possibly. I will say what I think is worthy of note is the fact Janet Jackson's chart success has spanned so long and far that the current discussion includes Barbara Streisand and Bruce Springsteen. Oh how under rated Janet Jackson's career has been -_-