Jump to content
Kishi

Janet - Park MGM Las Vegas Residency

Recommended Posts

Just now, hotboy06 said:

I'm not surprised at that one because they are contemporaries in a way?!  LOL.  But I can see the shock.

I was and even when it was posted the member said "of all people" :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

I wonder who else Janet talks to and we wouldn't see that they would have that type of relationship.:lol: Because the Ciara friendship had me gaggin for some reason.  :lol:

 

 

Janet is close with Questlove now and he is very well connected...I wonder if that's why I always see Erykah Badu in her Instagram comment section talking about 'Jan'...not to mention her relationship with Jill Scott...looks like my favs like each other. :rolleyes:

Her and Queen Latifah seem tight too and Mc Lyte...let me find out Janet be choppin it up with Yo Yo or Lady of Rage....chile :lol: 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Janet is close with Questlove now and he is very well connected...I wonder if that's why I always see Erykah Badu in her Instagram comment section talking about 'Jan'...not to mention her relationship with Jill Scott...looks like my favs like each other. :rolleyes:

Her and Queen Latifah seem tight too and Mc Lyte...let me find out Janet be choppin it up with Yo Yo or Lady of Rage....chile :lol: 

I think Questlove had a lot to do with getting Janet into the R&R Hall, which is why she said in her speech he was her biggest champion and why he was there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Janet is close with Questlove now and he is very well connected...I wonder if that's why I always see Erykah Badu in her Instagram comment section talking about 'Jan'...not to mention her relationship with Jill Scott...looks like my favs like each other. :rolleyes:

Her and Queen Latifah seem tight too and Mc Lyte...let me find out Janet be choppin it up with Yo Yo or Lady of Rage....chile :lol: 

Wait... Erykah be talking about Janet in her comment section? I've known about Queen Latifah since the early 00's. And of course MC Lyte. I was suprised about the Angela Winbush friendship tho. I knew Angela and Janet had known each for a long time. But I didn't know they had kept in touch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BlackCat1989 said:

Wait... Erykah be talking about Janet in her comment section? I've known about Queen Latifah since the early 00's. And of course MC Lyte. I was suprised about the Angela Winbush friendship tho. I knew Angela and Janet had known each for a long time. But I didn't know they had kept in touch. 

Yes honey...Erykah stay liking pics and showing love. It's a beautiful thang 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BlackCat1989 said:

Wait... Erykah be talking about Janet in her comment section? I've known about Queen Latifah since the early 00's. And of course MC Lyte. I was suprised about the Angela Winbush friendship tho. I knew Angela and Janet had known each for a long time. But I didn't know they had kept in touch. 

Angela Wimbush gave Janet vocal lessons at the very beginning before Jam and Lewis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BlackCat1989 said:

Wait... Erykah be talking about Janet in her comment section? I've known about Queen Latifah since the early 00's. And of course MC Lyte. I was suprised about the Angela Winbush friendship tho. I knew Angela and Janet had known each for a long time. But I didn't know they had kept in touch. 

Im not too sure that Janet and Angela Winbush "kept in touch" all this time...thats speculation..lol juss cus we're seeing Angela pop up at the RRHOF and recent surprise bday party ...doesnt mean they been in touch all these years. I figured Janet had her team to reach out to Angela bc of her RRHOF induction and Janet felt it was only right to invite one of the very first producers she had ever worked with. It would make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Yes honey...Erykah stay liking pics and showing love. It's a beautiful thang 

Ummm.. You know Erykah is my #2 behind Janet... And I was not aware that Erykah showed Janet that much luv. I see Erykah show Brandy ALOT of luv...which again falls under tge umbrella of unexpected shit with these celebs. I wouldnt think an Erykah Badu would be such a Brandy stan lol

.... Imma have to do sum research bc idk how Erykah loving janet got pass me....my 2 favorite women on earth??????? I do know Janet said she adored Erykah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Ummm.. You know Erykah is my #2 behind Janet... And I was not aware that Erykah showed Janet that much luv. I see Erykah show Brandy ALOT of luv...which again falls under tge umbrella of unexpected shit with these celebs. I wouldnt think an Erykah Badu would be such a Brandy stan lol

.... Imma have to do sum research bc idk how Erykah loving janet got pass me....my 2 favorite women on earth??????? I do know Janet said she adored Erykah

Erykah is like the only celeb I follow on IG, so I know her every move lol. 

I know one specific post where Janet was showing off her new wig on her private jet...Erykah is in the comment section talking bout 'Jan'

She also specifically commented on her Happy Birthday black and white pre Vegas pic wishing her a 'HBD Sus' 

She be there and I'm mad u never noticed :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Erykah is like the only celeb I follow on IG, so I know her every move lol. 

I know one specific post where Janet was showing off her new wig on her private jet...Erykah is in the comment section talking bout 'Jan'

She also specifically commented on her Happy Birthday black and white pre Vegas pic wishing her a 'HBD Sus' 

She be there and I'm mad u never noticed :rolleyes:

 

It was always easier for me to see her tweets on twitter ...instagram...not so much. Its easier to miss alot on IG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot stop watching The Knowledge performance. All of the choreography is giving me what I need! Tears of pure joy!

 



 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kishi said:

I cannot stop watching The Knowledge performance. All of the choreography is giving me what I need! Tears of pure joy!

 



 

Same here. I cant stop watching that performance of the song. She turnt it all da way up for "The Knowledge" this time around

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there opening night and it was legit an amazing feeling to be in the venue with every and having every song, every outfit, every special effect be an absolute surprise—completely unknown—and when she pulled out the Jacksons dance moves I lost my mind... she’s in this stage of her life where she’s doing what’s comfortable with doing and living her life the best way she knows how.... she knows she’s a walking corporation and her choosing to do this show, or any show for that matter, is her willingly choosing to provide dozens and dozens of people jobs that provide each of them the opportunity to say that they were able to truly live their dreams.. the show is amazing, the crew is amazing...and she is amazing!

 

looking forward to her SF date in September when I’ll be there with my 10yo daughter and my best friend for the last 15yrs (who I just convinced to go!)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping there are more dates to come eventually, flights out round trip even on low cost carriers like Spirit are clocking in around 300.00 for me. I want a good seat, this could easily be a trip well over 1800 bucks once I include flight, hotel, ticket, tour book(s) and food

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 3:25 AM, Dal said:

I was there opening night and it was legit an amazing feeling to be in the venue with every and having every song, every outfit, every special effect be an absolute surprise—completely unknown—and when she pulled out the Jacksons dance moves I lost my mind... she’s in this stage of her life where she’s doing what’s comfortable with doing and living her life the best way she knows how.... she knows she’s a walking corporation and her choosing to do this show, or any show for that matter, is her willingly choosing to provide dozens and dozens of people jobs that provide each of them the opportunity to say that they were able to truly live their dreams.. the show is amazing, the crew is amazing...and she is amazing!

 

looking forward to her SF date in September when I’ll be there with my 10yo daughter and my best friend for the last 15yrs (who I just convinced to go!)

Awesome. It would have been nice to meet you. See you in September then! Working on a fan meet up before the show. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered my tour program and metamorphosis book! Aug 9th ! Here I come

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She replaced doesnt really matter with so excited but she didnt perform the choreography with the dancers😭😭😭😭😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 10:42 PM, jinthahouse said:

She replaced doesnt really matter with so excited but she didnt perform the choreography with the dancers😭😭😭😭😭

Did you have good seats? I'm trying to figure out what a good seat means in that theatre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trackboy said:

Did you have good seats? I'm trying to figure out what a good seat means in that theatre.

I was in the 300s section and it still felt intimate. The theatre is probably the perfect size for a concert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...