Janet - Park MGM Las Vegas Residency

Kishi

Also there’s already speculation of “Metamorphosis” might be the title of the upcoming album; especially given the show’s thematic synopsis that sounds like a concept for a Janet album with it including such themes as motherhood and activism. 😳😱🤔

Could a “Metamorphosis” World Tour stem from this residency???!? 😳😱🤔

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Also there’s already speculation of “Metamorphosis” might be the title of the upcoming album; especially given the show’s thematic synopsis that sounds like a concept for a Janet album with it including such themes as motherhood and activism. 😳😱🤔

Could a “Metamorphosis” World Tour stem from this residency???!? 😳😱🤔

#Meta19

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I like how she is giving a reason behind this Vegas residency by adding that it's a celebration of her RN album....chile :lol:...she said y'all ain't about to shade her with early retirement and I'm only doing 15 shows... 

What a great reason and way to celebrate RN30!!! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Definitely surprised by this. Don't really like the fact she resorted to this but I do plan on going to see her.

Let her celebrate her iconic acclaimed album 👀....I know the effects better be lit during Black Cat, I need real live panthers again :rolleyes:

Metamorphosis is a cute name...has alot of meaning behind that word. Transform bitch!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Let her celebrate her iconic acclaimed album 👀....I know the effects better be lit during Black Cat, I need real live panthers again :rolleyes:

Metamorphosis is a cute name...has alot of meaning behind that word. Transform bitch!

oh yeah that's right. She is only doing this for the RN 30yr anniversary. 

She's older now and is a mom to a young child. What better way to combine performing to fans and being a present mom to her child than doing a residency. As much as I'm sad she doesn't seem to tour Europe in the near future I more than understand why she might choose not to at this point in her life. In fact, she could do a similar type of residency in London or other big cities. I'm secretly hoping the Vegas residency is a platform to test the waters for a bigger worldwide project/residency/possibly a tour. But we'll see. I don't expect anything anymore, just watching what happens.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, BlueEyedSpirit34 said:

She's older now and is a mom to a young child. What better way to combine performing to fans and being a present mom to her child than doing a residency. 

She’s currently on a world wide tour. Please leave your sexism and ageism at the door

She can tour Europe over the summer 

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Problem? Oh of course you do! Older men think women shouldn’t work after having children 🤦🏾‍♂️

Years ago you literally didn’t want Janet to have kids for this reason 💀. Stop being a hypocrite. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bu. said:

Years ago 

I don’t recall disliking her having a child post 2010 (maybe with Jermaine for the right reasons). When she became pregnant with King Eissa, I defended her from Bailey who didn’t believe she was pregnant (sexism) who accused her of faking it to cancel the Unbreakable Tour

feel free to quote this accusation in my post history... I’ll wait 

That’s not Made For Now

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bu. said:

Years ago you literally didn’t want Janet to have kids for this reason 💀. Stop being a hypocrite. 

he's a super hypocrite he was wrong about Vegas, and my mellow response was about me finding this news out late last night well after the rest of you, I only just found out

Game was flat out wrong about Jussie Smollet, wrong about Vegas and why anyone should do it and continues to attempt to make it about sexism when its not

• Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

he's a super hypocrite he was wrong about Vegas, and my mellow response was about me finding this news out late last night well after the rest of you, I only just found out

Game was flat out wrong about Jussie Smollet, wrong about Vegas and why anyone should do it and continues to attempt to make it about sexism when its not

I don’t care if I was wrong about Vegas. I’m satisfied with how she approached it. What does that have to do being a hypocrite? Nothing 

I wasn’t wrong about Jussie :blink: You’re delusional. His redacted phone records didn’t help his arrest. They didn’t unredact his phone records and arrest him

You were wrong about Janet faking her pregnancy. You didn’t even believe she conceived King Eissa which is outrageously dangerous thinking 

It is sexist to continue to spew this narrative that a women need to settle down just bc she has a baby while men are NOT given that same rhetoric, EVER  

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

I don’t care if I was wrong about Vegas. I’m satisfied with how she approached it. What does that have to do being a hypocrite? Nothing 

I wasn’t wrong about Jussie :blink: You’re delusional. His redacted phone records didn’t help his arrest. They didn’t unredact his phone records and arrest him

You were wrong about Janet faking her pregnancy. You didn’t even believe she conceived King Eissa which is outrageously dangerous thinking 

It is sexist to continue to spew this narrative that a women need to settle down just bc she has a baby while men are NOT given that same rhetoric, EVER  

and then when he is wrong he wont even admit it :blink:

• Downvote 1