The Metamorphosis Show Setlist

jinthahouse

I'd legit take it to mean something if she didn't and I think alot of people would and for various reasons. But at the same time, this is her 1st residency type thing, so in general, with this whole discussion, we don't know what her approach to this might be for putting this show together. 

1 hour ago, jarrylf said:

I'd legit take it to mean something if she didn't and I think alot of people would and for various reasons. But at the same time, this is her 1st residency type thing, so in general, with this whole discussion, we don't know what her approach to this might be for putting this show together. 

Well, we do know it won’t b an “Unbreakable/SOTW” rehash!!! Thank God!!! Lol If new music is def coming soon, the show will have to incoprate her new songs and completely revamp the set list based on the refreshing and thought provoking new theme(s) of it. All I know from the lengthy synopsis, this looks like her biggest and most ambitious show since “The Rockwitchu Tour”. Clearly Janet is feeling VERY certain and confident again about doing a show of this magnitude which is SOOOOO promising and exciting!!! 👏👏👏😃😃😃😆😆😆

• 5 weeks later...

For the Metamorphosis Tour I would to see her creativity in new songs but these are just my take on them)

Strong Empowerment/Female Agressive Character

1. "New Song"(alone on stage)

2. "New Song"

3. "Control"/”What Have You Done for Me Lately Dance Break from BBMAS)

4. "New Song"

Confessions/Forgiveness/Lessons Learned/Celebration of all Good things

1. "New Album Song" (Dancers Interlude) (contains elements from "Pleasure Principle")

2. "Pleasure Principle"

3. "New Song"(choreo similar to Try and Secrets by Pink)

4. "New Song"

5. "New Song”(song about Eissa)

6. “Everytime”

Avant Grande Edgy Controversial Nasty Poltics

1. "New Album Song(Most Controversial Moments) (Video Interlude)

2. "New Song"/”The Great Forever”)(State Of The World Problems)

3. "Rhythm Nation"(Intense Dance Breaks and Video Montage)(Black Eagle and The Knowledge Intro)

4. "New Song”(contains elements of Nasty and If and New Agenda)(similar to Dangerous for woman)

5. "Shoulda Known Better"

6. "Free Xone"

Theatrical Jazz

1. "Alright"(similar to janet. tour different intricate choreo including SOTW Tour choreo"

Caribbean Dancehall Trap Grimmy(Beach)

1. "The Island Dancehall Mixes the Hits" (Video Interlude) (contains excerpts from "Feel It Boy", "Together Again Remix", "Escapade", "Young Love", “RockwitU and “Dammn Baby” "Luv Me Luv Me ")
  2. "All Nite".”BURNITUP”/”Throb”(BBMAS Version)

3. "RockwitU"

Encore(Afro/Brazillian Island Jazz(Beach)Latin Celebration Of All Colours and Races (Culture Around the World))

1. "New Song"(Latino Influences)(intense Latino dancing)(contains elements of LaLambada)(Brazillian Island Jazz(Beach)

2. "Promise"/”Got til It’s Gone”(Cant B Stopped Intro)/Gon B Alright

3. "Young Love" (contains elements from "Escapade" along with excerpts from "Made For Now"(Soul Train inspired Black )

4. "Made For Now”

Less is more for me. I’d prefer FULL versions of songs opposed to 1 minute of each song we’ve been getting the last few tours. I get she has such a huge catalogue, but I think doing medleys takes away from the songs to begin with. 

22 hours ago, Pez said:

Less is more for me. I’d prefer FULL versions of songs opposed to 1 minute of each song we’ve been getting the last few tours. I get she has such a huge catalogue, but I think doing medleys takes away from the songs to begin with. 

22 hours ago, Pez said:

At least 3-4 new songs would be good too. I’m aware it’s a Vegas residency so there’s going to be a lot of “casual” fans expecting hits who won’t appreciate the new music. 

Well the new songs in the setlist are for the Metamorphosis World Tour

The new songs made range between are 4-7 mins with Made For Now being 8 mins as an Encore and the hits are full length songs with theatrics and breaks.

I do agree however that if she releases the album during the vegas residency that she should just put 3-4 new songs as a teaser for the new album and when the world tour hits she add the rest later to make up(9-10)

Replace Feedback with Rock with U.

Bring Escapade back for Vegas.

Bring back Again.

Replace No Sleeep with Night.

Add Someone to call my Lover.

Afrobeat/Latin  mix of Come on Get Up that goes into Together Again,  and Made for Now.

Mix BurnitUp/Lose Control/Control.

May I ask do yall want Janet to play more new songs from the new album or more older songs that are repeatedly in her setlist. Honestly I would love to see around only 12 full length older songs reinvented into modern and updated songs that fit into the new concept ideas of the acts of the show and between 9 new full full length songs

I must be in the minority but im completely against "new music" being apart of shows bc thats usually when you lose the momentum of the audience energy cus they cant connect to new shit that they dont know. Thats when shit realistically gets dry ... So in order for shit to stay up beat it has to be HITS that ppl know and they remember. New music does not need to be apart of her show ..save it for the tours 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Omg!!! I can’t believe ya’ll are shading BURNITUP! so hard!!! I STILL live for “make it work, make it work, make it work” and ya’ll know you do too in the privacy of your homes! 😳😱😎

Honestly, I want a well balanced set list that features songs from ALL her previous albums including the new one! If “Metamorphosis” is truly an autobiographical show from her childhood to motherhood, then give us the hits AND new music!!! Janet has to promote that new music for the younger fans in terms of streaming and ITune sales! “Made For Now” reintroduced her to the late millienial generation pretty well of the heavy promotion with radio, music video and live performances. She NEEDS to push it further this ho around to keep herself in the limelight of music! Trust! When “Dammn Baby” came on during the SOTW concert in Boston, the young in’s n even older fans were into it just to see Janet dance n perform her ass off! ☺️😉

12 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

I must be in the minority but im completely against "new music" being apart of shows bc thats usually when you lose the momentum of the audience energy cus they cant connect to new shit that they dont know. Thats when shit realistically gets dry ... So in order for shit to stay up beat it has to be HITS that ppl know and they remember. New music does not need to be apart of her show ..save it for the tours 

I don't want any new music unless it sounds like a hit or something you can groove too. I still need her to perform "Lonely" and "SloLove". Hell even "Roll Witchu"

13 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

no you not, these set lists with every other song being a new song is insane as fuck. Let me read just a lil bit :shifty: first of all only the core fan base is checking for new music, nobody else is. Even at Janet's own concerts when she did new songs like "Shoulda Known Betta" you didn't see that many fists in the air, because its a new song, and most people are checking for greatest hits Janet. Only selfish fans want her to create a set list where the only people in the building that know the music are Janet and her die hards. New music even when its really good (MFN) aint being checked for ..... :coffee: 

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

I don't want any new music unless it sounds like a hit or something you can groove too. I still need her to perform "Lonely" and "SloLove". Hell even "Roll Witchu"

I would fuckin die if she did any of those songs. Hopefully on her next tour she keeps up the idea of doin random album tracks 

• Like 1