Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JupiterArgus

JANET'S ALBUM RANK

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, JupiterArgus said:

20YO is just a mess.

We were discussing themes...not the quality of the albums..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 10:45 PM, JupiterArgus said:

20YO is just a mess.

It actually has some bops. It just sounds more like an album Ciara would put out not Janet. It's all JD's fault. 

I think 20 YO is better than Discipline. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, 20 YO has hints of Janet hidden in the mediocrity, Disappointment, I mean Discipline don't have much redeeming or defending factors at all. It's a album of good bops with Janet's demo vocals, Hell even DreamStreet gives good vocals and has 1 song with a writing credit from her....which is 1 more than Discipline. It's my favorite album of 08, but it's her worst for me and I want it to stay that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Agreed, 20 YO has hints of Janet hidden in the mediocrity, Disappointment, I mean Discipline don't have much redeeming or defending factors at all. It's a album of good bops with Janet's demo vocals, Hell even DreamStreet gives good vocals and has 1 song with a writing credit from her....which is 1 more than Discipline. It's my favorite album of 08, but it's her worst for me and I want it to stay that way.

Perfectly said. Also 20’s theme is trash.. you forgot to add that 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you want about Feedback and the Discipline album, but that is the song that put Janet back on the charts.

Usher fans and Ciara fans have been nothing but civil with Janet fans and you all will deal.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

Who cares about charts :umm: 

Y’all would sell Janet down the river to appear on some chart, I swear. 

Ciara and Usher don’t have fans.. ask their last album 

Who cares about charts but you follow it with critique on Ciara and Ushers last sales

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That song putting her back on the charts has little to nothing with the album being the weakest in the bunch, it doesn't make up for all it lacks compared to her best & the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Who cares about charts but you follow it with critique on Ciara and Ushers last sales

Sales, streams, singles, views, awards... no one checking for the model and the herpe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me:

 

1) Rhythm Nation 1814

2) janet.

3) The Velvet Rope

4) Control

5) Damita Jo

6) All For You

7) Unbreakable

8 ) 20 Y.O.

9) Discipline

10) Janet Jackson

11) Dream Street

I know a lot of JanFam hate Damita Jo but I actually love it. The whole breezy summery vibe of the album just knocks with me so much. But it being placed higher than AFY doesn't mean it's a better album than AFY. I've always seen DJ as an extension of it tbh. AFY clearly has higher highs and higher lows. But I still prefer DJ to it. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my top actually goes like
1.TVR
2. Janet.
3. RN1814
4. Unbreakable
5. 20YO
6. Damita Jo
7. AFY
8. Control
9. Janet jackson
10. discipline
11. dream street

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, JupiterArgus said:

my top actually goes like
1.TVR
2. Janet.
3. RN1814
4. Unbreakable
5. 20YO
6. Damita Jo
7. AFY
8. Control

9. Janet jackson
10. discipline
11. dream street

goTJXmO.gif

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

goTJXmO.gif

 

Putting Damita Jo AND 20 above AFY & Control is a travesty 

we need to report this person to the authorities.. clearly a lone wolf situation and domestic musical terrorism 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Putting Damita Jo AND 20 above AFY & Control is a travesty 

we need to report this person to the authorities.. clearly a lone wolf situation and domestic musical terrorism 

Like..I just..No, just no. :sigh:

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...