JANET'S ALBUM RANK

JupiterArgus

On 4/7/2019 at 10:45 PM, JupiterArgus said:

20YO is just a mess.

It actually has some bops. It just sounds more like an album Ciara would put out not Janet. It's all JD's fault. 

I think 20 YO is better than Discipline. 

• Like 3

Agreed, 20 YO has hints of Janet hidden in the mediocrity, Disappointment, I mean Discipline don't have much redeeming or defending factors at all. It's a album of good bops with Janet's demo vocals, Hell even DreamStreet gives good vocals and has 1 song with a writing credit from her....which is 1 more than Discipline. It's my favorite album of 08, but it's her worst for me and I want it to stay that way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Agreed, 20 YO has hints of Janet hidden in the mediocrity, Disappointment, I mean Discipline don't have much redeeming or defending factors at all. It's a album of good bops with Janet's demo vocals, Hell even DreamStreet gives good vocals and has 1 song with a writing credit from her....which is 1 more than Discipline. It's my favorite album of 08, but it's her worst for me and I want it to stay that way.

Perfectly said. Also 20’s theme is trash.. you forgot to add that 

• Like 1

For me:

1) Rhythm Nation 1814

2) janet.

3) The Velvet Rope

4) Control

5) Damita Jo

6) All For You

7) Unbreakable

8 ) 20 Y.O.

9) Discipline

10) Janet Jackson

11) Dream Street

I know a lot of JanFam hate Damita Jo but I actually love it. The whole breezy summery vibe of the album just knocks with me so much. But it being placed higher than AFY doesn't mean it's a better album than AFY. I've always seen DJ as an extension of it tbh. AFY clearly has higher highs and higher lows. But I still prefer DJ to it. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Putting Damita Jo AND 20 above AFY & Control is a travesty 

we need to report this person to the authorities.. clearly a lone wolf situation and domestic musical terrorism 

Like..I just..No, just no. :sigh:

• Upvote 1