What is your favorite era from Janet and why

darnell

RN, I fell in love with her then and the love affair never ended. The look, the music, everything about that era I lived for. Its the only era where she had a tour I didnt see, seen all the rest.....i suspect a lot of people became fans of her during this era, it was magical it set the stage for the biggest recording contract ever signed at the time. She won every award they could nominate her for during RN, if she was ever really well received and could do no wrong, it was during RN

• Upvote 1

you know its an era when you can feel the era if you know what i mean,  not just have a compilation of songs with no theme and distinct reinvention and call it an era.

For me her greatest reinvention(whether she calls it just growing up or not) is janet. era becuase her look and vibe of the way she was promoted was so drastically different from RN.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

you know its an era when you can feel the era if you know what i mean,  not just have a compilation of songs with no theme and distinct reinvention and call it an era.

For me her greatest reinvention(whether she calls it just growing up or not) is janet. era becuase her look and vibe of the way she was promoted was so drastically different from RN.

the Janet. era really was an evolution for her and another step forward in her own growth as an artist and a woman, thumbs up

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

RN, I fell in love with her then and the love affair never ended. The look, the music, everything about that era I lived for. Its the only era where she had a tour I didnt see, seen all the rest.....i suspect a lot of people became fans of her during this era, it was magical it set the stage for the biggest recording contract ever signed at the time. She won every award they could nominate her for during RN, if she was ever really well received and could do no wrong, it was during RN

Same overall RN is my favorite era 1989-1991 she slayed every bitch during that time no one could touch her the sales the awards and the impact put her on another level

All For You!!! 😃😆😆😆

Only because that’s the era I became a devoted fan!!! Bout all her cds, music video collections, watch the MTV Icon show over and over, followed each new single released, watched AFY live in Hawaii the following year, etc. Never looked back and stop making her one of, if not, my favorite mIsco idol of all time! 😫😭😭😍❤️😘😆

janet. The album is eclectic and perfection to me, it's my favorite crop of dancers she's ever had and the only era where I know everyone's name off the top of my head, Tina as a choreographer, the janet. tour, her best movie came out in this era, she had tons of interviews & specials & award show appearances in this era. She owned the world in a way she hasn't before or since that era. And to top it all off her personality that era was the most live, wild and fun than it's ever been publically. Everything about that era flowed with each other & complimented each other in the best ways. Her personality was like it was based on the movie and the dancers and it all inspired the music and the dancing, and the tour.

I became a fan during the AFY era, but the janet. era is the prime reason she's my #1.  

13 hours ago, jarrylf said:

janet. The album is eclectic and perfection to me, it's my favorite crop of dancers she's ever had and the only era where I know everyone's name off the top of my head, Tina as a choreographer, the janet. tour, her best movie came out in this era, she had tons of interviews & specials & award show appearances in this era. She owned the world in a way she hasn't before or since that era. And to top it all off her personality that era was the most live, wild and fun than it's ever been publically. Everything about that era flowed with each other & complimented each other in the best ways. Her personality was like it was based on the movie and the dancers and it all inspired the music and the dancing, and the tour.

I became a fan during the AFY era, but the janet. era is the prime reason she's my #1.  

Wait...you didnt become a fan until 2001? The way you go up for the janet. era I thought you had lived through the era like us older members..  Tf im baffled...this whole time i didnt know you were a late janet bloomer 

15 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Wait...you didnt become a fan until 2001? The way you go up for the janet. era I thought you had lived through the era like us older members..  Tf im baffled...this whole time i didnt know you were a late janet bloomer 

I was born in 90, I only remember bits and pieces of her before 1998 and before my fan baptism in 01 (the Icon tribute did it), but it was within that time I did the reachbacks and studying. Shit I wish I was there for it all to be new, but instead I gage it all from studying. I owe janetmedia and the Janet.videos bus & the All For You censored version with the DVD. for the Janet.-AFY videos & the Design Of A Decade vhs for the pre-youtube studying.

I gag at all the stuff I stressed,scrimped, & saved for that simply YouTube & Spotify made obsolete lol. Eh but I'd do it all again, it was all worth it........Dream Street cost $30 for years...crazy.

38 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

20 YO/Discipline 

promo was on point, the magazine covers 😍

the album signings 😍

the RWU tour 😍

performing Precontrol songs 😍

Tbh she should just toured worldwide with 2yo Evan after the Super Bowl had happened and when  sponsors stop supporting her in the USA she would’ve sold out worldwide and touring for the discipline was a good idea but it should’ve never been in the USA 

On 4/15/2019 at 4:11 AM, janetDAYZ said:

When did you become a fan