Beyoncé ‘Homecoming’ Available on Netflix; Released Live Album With It

2 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

What are you talking about?  I didn't buy anything?

How do you even get anything done in general when your go to is to just lash out at people?  

Take it or leave it but free advice you don't ALWAYS have to be combative in a general every day conversation.  Look at the flow of this thread and see at what point this needed to become name calling or degrade into childishness.

Honey.. I didn’t write that (the bold).. I’m just sharing what I found that is 100% true. 

Streaming is the new “buying” 

Save your advice... I don’t think I asked for it 🙃

• Downvote 1

I watched this this evening and I give it 2/5.  I was at the show Weekend 1 and got to experience it in its granduer. The two stars is that it does get to zoom in on the masterful choreography details.

This is mostly a Beyonce hype piece that showcases the entirety (or at least almost the entirety - if not the whole) of her Coachella performances spliced together.  I have never cared for how she insists on splicing her concert footage with so many angles and with so much happening at once during this particular performance, I think it does a disservice to the energy and effort in order to highlight intricate details.

We learn that it took approximately 4 months to create the music and 4 months to rehearse the dancing.  That Beyonce was 200+ pounds when she gave birth and that she eventually wanted to work her way up to do SoulCycle, stairs, and rehearsals in a day. She had a difficult pregnancy. She always wanted to go to an HBCU, like her father did, and this was her tribute to the experience.

However, we don't see routines coming together, compositions being created, research being done, any imperfections that are being tweaked.  She could've did so much more with the time. It lacked a depth to it.  Not a compelling watch. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, trackboy said:

I She always wanted to go to an HBCU, like her father did, 

However, we don't see routines coming together, compositions being created, research being done, any imperfections that are being tweaked.  She could've did so much more with the time. It lacked a depth to it.  Not a compelling watch. 

The wanting to go to HBCU is a new thing for her? Did she ever mention going to college in her DC days?

That last paragraph sums up her career, music so well. Great review 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 4/17/2019 at 5:05 AM, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Best review: 

Eh Im hearing It's the same ole shit. Nothing new. However I'm not mad at her. Her fan base is filled with a bunch of clueless clowns that would buy her reused shitty draws if she put them up 2 sale. Bey, if they're dumb enough 2 give u their coins even when u give the bare minimum. I say take that shit! 

Like you wouldn't buy Janet's panties, weirdo. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 6:43 AM, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

I’m not watching that and I’m not a hater. I’m not interested in how hard she works like she’s the only artist that has worked hard :umm: 

Releasing a live album is Lazy. I didn’t call her lazy. Reading is fundamental 

There is nothing inherently lazy about releasing a live album?

Just say you don't like Beyoncé and keep it moving 

10 minutes ago, LawdToday said:

Like you wouldn't buy Janet's panties, weirdo. 

Those were canceled 

8 minutes ago, LawdToday said:

There is nothing inherently lazy about releasing a live album?

Just say you don't like Beyoncé and keep it moving 

Says a member of the BeyHive :yawn:  Why you end that sentence with a question mark? 

I like Beyoncé.. I invested time into Lemonade and the streamed the video release. I’m all for new Beyoncé music (excluding that flop she did with her husband) but this “album” is lazy.

Soooooooo How is it not lazy? 

1 hour ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Those were canceled 

Says a member of the BeyHive :yawn:  Why you end that sentence with a question mark? 

I like Beyoncé.. I invested time into Lemonade and the streamed the video release. I’m all for new Beyoncé music (excluding that flop she did with her husband) but this “album” is lazy.

Soooooooo How is it not lazy? 

You act as if this album isn't just a supplemental release to the movie. It's not a studio album, with a proper release. 

Nothing lazy about releasing something that no one expected, literally put in more effort than what was asked my dear

1 hour ago, LawdToday said:

You act as if this album isn't just a supplemental release to the movie. It's not a studio album, with a proper release. 

Nothing lazy about releasing something that no one expected, literally put in more effort than what was asked my dear

The “supplemental” release is lazy and unnecessary.. but by all means.. give her yo coins.. I ain’t mad at her for harvesting the honey from her BeyHive 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

The “supplemental” release is lazy and unnecessary.. but by all means.. give her yo coins.. I ain’t mad at her for harvesting the honey from her BeyHive 

Sure will sis! Just like you & i do the same if Ms. Janet released a live album.

Im not a hater. Let her get that cash, besides the way shit is between the Justins, Britneys, Adeles and Taylor Swifts, Ima need to see some colored folks getting major spins and coin.....I would probably be a huge Beyonce fan if I was younger. I did see her on the DC reunion tour 6th row....I saw pretty fast Beyonce was coming....I mean coming :umm:

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

Im not a hater. Let her get that cash, besides the way shit is between the Justins, Britneys, Adeles and Taylor Swifts, Ima need to see some colored folks getting major spins and coin

None of those artists have a live album therefore your argument is as Weak and lazy as releasing a live album

Even Adele, a vocalist, doesn’t have a live album.

And It has nothing to do with race 

Just now, Bailey said:

I dont think other releasing some live album as anything really she does things for her core fans base and if they are happy, what's it to anyone else

I wish this post was coherent 

I commented on the BeyHive.. Their “happiness” is not relevant to Beyoncé releasing a lazy album

Just now, LawdToday said:

Jokes on Game, cause the critics are EATING it up! LOL AOTY

9.3/10 on Pitchfork

4.5/5 from Rolling Stone

Guess more than the Hive is interested 

Wait lemme stunt for a bit 🤧

Highest rated album on Pitchfork in 4 years

Highest rating for a woman this decade. 

The critics opinion >> a forum hobo