Janet Jackson is Headed to the Montreux Jazz Festival on June 30th

Great!!! I feel like going. Don't want to travel and experience it all by myself though. Something in me says I should wait til the European leg once the new album is out, but this is actually a great possibility for me to see her for the 1st time ever! 😭😭

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

Great!!! I feel like going. Don't want to travel and experience it all by myself though. Something in me says I should wait til the European leg once the new album is out, but this is actually a great possibility for me to see her for the 1st time ever! 😭😭

You keep mentioning “new album” and I need you to cough up as much info as possible 

29 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

You keep mentioning “new album” and I need you to cough up as much info as possible 

Cinq Music said some time ago that a new single is coming out soon, followed by an album this year. Plus, Janets EP that was suppose to come out last Fall never came out (instead she's taking more time to create a full album). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Cinq Music said some time ago that a new single is coming out soon, followed by an album this year. Plus, Janets EP that was suppose to come out last Fall never came out (instead she's taking more time to create a full album). 

I remember the EP garbage that no one asked for. 100% against it

Cinq said that a while ago... no update? 

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

I remember the EP garbage that no one asked for. 100% against it

Cinq said that a while ago... no update? 

I think about two months ago in an interview. It's very silent right now, which is a good sign. It's coming, although some believe it's not going to be released until 2020 (so Janet can have #1 albums in five consecutive decades).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

I think about two months ago in an interview. It's very silent right now, which is a good sign. It's coming, although some believe it's not going to be released until 2020 (so Janet can have #1 albums in five consecutive decades).

Janet’s touring now.. why wait until 2020 🙄😅

Thanks for the update... I hope she releases a follow up to MFN soon and not in July/August 

May 16th is a Thursday 👀

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Elton John huh? :coffee: 

Elton is performing/headlining on June 29th 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jakob said:

I'm here for 2020 certifications

2 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

The same ones she always does +/- a couple

Me thinks the better question is “What songs do y’all want her to perform” at this point in her legendary career

She should sing I Know The Truth completely live so Elton "she fucking lip-syncs" John can have a heart murmur and rot. 

• Like 2

Okay. I decided to NOT buy a ticket. No one is able to go with me, and I'm not comfortable travelling that far all by myself. 

I have a good feeling though that there are more festivals in Europe coming. For instance, North Sea Jazz (a big festival in Rotterdam, The Netherlands between July 12 - 14) still need headliners. Janet used to play at the same venue during her first three world tours. 

2 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Didn’t he shade Janet a while ago....after working with her back in the day 😳😱....his shade has random and contradicting targets!!! 🤔

yes he did, during "Unbreakable" he talked about the show being reported like its the greatest show on Earth, but she's lip syncing,  fuck off......that's what he said :umm:

Any of these  songs some renditions of Jazz/Bossa Nova in which i think her voice has such a naturally sublime voice to that type of music like Janet has that jazz blusey music voice if you know what i mean

so only for this concert only

1. "Unbreakable"

2. "New Song"

3. "Night"(Jazz Influenced)

4. "Miss You Much"

5. "Alright"

6. I Get Lonely

7. "Rockwitu"

8. "That’s The Way Love Goes"

9. “Spending Time With You”

10. “Island Life/(Slolove)

11. “Someday Is Tonight”

12. “Lonely”

13. "Black Cat"(Funk inspired like ending of Black Cat in RN Tour

14. "Body That Loves You"

15. “Lonely”

16. "Again"

17. "Anytime Anyplace"

18. "No Sleeeep"

19. "Lessons Learned"

20. "Broken Hearts Heal"

21. "Control"/”What Have You Done For Me Lately

22. "Tonights The Night" Cover

23. "Let’s Wait Awhile"

24. "Come Back To Me"

25. "Making Love in the Rain"

Encore

1. "Gon B Alright"

14 hours ago, jaycipline said:

I just bought my tickets but I do have a question, do you think it is going to be a full show like the sotw or just few songs? 

I'm going too! It's a full show for sure. Janet is the only artist performing at the venue that night. 

• Like 1