How do we feel lately about the Emperor of RnB

EphraimAdamz

10 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

We haven't talked about Usher lately. Why hasn't he received the Vanguard award? Why hasn't there been an Usher award show tribute? Why was Jlo, Rihanna, and Justin Timberlake chosen first?

He hasn't been relevant for a good 10, 15 years. :umm:ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aquaria said:

He hasn't been relevant for a good 10, 15 years. :umm:ย 

Lets review the last decade...

Here I Stand (2008) - Managed to go Platinum. 5 Million world wide to date

Raymond v Raymond (2010) - Managed to go Platinum. 2 Million world wide to date

Looking 4 Myself (2012) - Managed to go Gold. Flopped world wide.

Hard 2 Love (2016) - Flopped.

But that's only for the last decade. Ushers been on the scene since 1994. His career spans two generations. Out of all the Michael Jackson clones he can actually sing, and he bridged the gap between King of Pop and R Kelly King of RnB. Chris Brown and Justin Bieberย  do a lot of what Usher has done already.

Surely you must agree a 25 year long career warrants some sort of merit?

2 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Lets review the last decade...

Here I Stand (2008) - Managed to go Platinum. 5 Million world wide to date

Raymond v Raymond (2010) - Managed to go Platinum. 2 Million world wide to date

Looking 4 Myself (2012) - Managed to go Gold. Flopped world wide.

Hard 2 Love (2016) - Flopped.

But that's only for the last decade. Ushers been on the scene since 1994. His career spans two generations. Out of all the Michael Jackson clones he can actually sing, and he bridged the gap between King of Pop and R Kelly King of RnB. Chris Brown and Justin Bieberย  do a lot of what Usher has done already.

Surely you must agree a 25 year long career warrants some sort of merit?

So you skipped his 2018 release? The one that sold 15k; 4K pure :lmao:ย 

Usher should be as big as Beyonce...should have had a better team instead he was busy marrying an overbearing cougar, releasing the same mediocre music and giving people herpes. I hate to say it but people are about as excited to see Usher as they are Ginuwine. He should come out as bisexual or at least pretend to be just to get a new audience that will really support him. Being Queer is in at the moment and scandal sales. I heard his new album is supposed to be confession 2, what an aptly time to admit to being a butt pirate...get money sis!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Usher should be as big as Beyonce...should have had a better team instead he was busy marrying an overbearing cougar, releasing the same mediocre music and giving people herpes. I hate to say it but people are about as excited to see Usher as they are Ginuwine. He should come out as bisexual or at least pretend to be just to get a new audience that will really support him. Being Queer is in at the moment and scandal sales. I heard his new album is supposed to be confession 2, what an aptly time to admit to being a butt pirate...get money sis!

Usher couldnโ€™tย evolve. 90s R&B star who got lucky yet became inconsistent and whose fan base moved on except for a few stragglers who are trapped in the past :umm:ย 

Usher is full of toxic masculinity to come out as anything but straight.ย ย 

On 4/9/2019 at 7:24 PM, EphraimAdamz said:

We haven't talked about Usher lately. Why hasn't he received the Vanguard award? Why hasn't there been an Usher award show tribute? Why was Jlo, Rihanna, and Justin Timberlake chosen first?

.....You can not be serious!!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ Usherโ€™s prime was โ€˜97-โ€˜04 and has been VERY spotty since outsides a couple more hits! Heโ€™s NO innovator orย icon of anything besides introducing to the world that child spawn from Canada who became more relevant than him REALLY soon after! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿค” Oh myyyyyyย goooddd!!! ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿคช

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

.....You can not be serious!!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ Usherโ€™s prime was โ€˜97-โ€˜04 and has been VERY spotty since outsides a couple more hits! Heโ€™s NO innovator orย icon of anything besides introducing to the world that child spawn from Canada who became more relevant than him REALLY soon after! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿค” Oh myyyyyyย goooddd!!! ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿคช

You know its weird someone at work was talking about Justin Bieber and all I could think of was how Usher put him on and I hope like all hell Usher got paid :filenails:ย 

as for Usher its weird for me, because I like his music and all but he hasn't had a hit in a very long time and I can't break from the whole herpes thing eitherย  :unsure:

I also don't think its necessarily Usher's fault, R&B seems to have died out. Society doesn't embrace performers of color in mass like it was during the 90s when you could look at the BB top 10 and half the acts were Black........not anymore :umm:

Speaking of Justin Bieber, he just proclaimed Chris Brown 'The Greatest Entertainer Ever'....the shade of it all.ย :lol:ย Poor Usher...he gave that boy a start and even made Ann Frank a 'Belieber.'

He doesn't deserve this.ย -_-ย I wouldn't be surprised if he is hiding in the attic himself because of this or ....because of an outbreak of inflammation around his mouth area...either way it saddens me.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Speaking of Justin Bieber, he just proclaimed Chris Brown 'The Greatest Entertainer Ever'....the shade of it all.ย :lol:ย Poor Usher...he gave that boy a start and even made Ann Frank a 'Belieber.'

He doesn't deserve this.ย -_-ย I wouldn't be surprised if he is hiding in the attic himself because of this or ....because of an outbreak of inflammation around his mouth area...either way it saddens me.

You need a time out. ๐Ÿค :lmao:ย 

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2019 at 3:49 AM, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Usher couldnโ€™tย evolve. 90s R&B star who got lucky yet became inconsistent and whose fan base moved on except for a few stragglers who are trapped in the past :umm:ย 

Usher is full of toxic masculinity to come out as anything but straight.ย ย 

How many black male rnb singers have been included in a Superbowl besides Usher?

Just Michael Jackson, Prince, Cee Lo, and Bruno Mars?

3 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

How many black male rnb singers have been included in a Superbowl besides Usher?

Just Michael Jackson, Prince, Cee Lo, and Bruno Mars?

I donโ€™t care

No one is here for Usher. Heโ€™s a classic example of โ€œevolve your music or be eatenโ€...ย 

Usher decided to keep releasing shit music year after year and not change. He, like every R&B star from the 90s, became irrelevantย 

K thanks

7 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

I donโ€™t care

No one is here for Usher. Heโ€™s a classic example of โ€œevolve your music or be eatenโ€...ย 

Usher decided to keep releasing shit music year after year and not change. He, like every R&B star from the 90s, became irrelevantย 

K thanks

I'd pop yo ass, if I could spot a lie, just one ......you get on my nerves telling truth and shit :umm:

soooooo I needed to check the BB top 10 current singles on the hot 100 and whether or not my statement about artists of color is true, of the top ten below how many are of color?

ย 
Lil Nas X Old Town Road Billboard Hot 100
Old Town Road
Lil Nas X
ย 
Gains in performance
2arrow-up.svg?8b51aef27dd41c5585b1
Post Malone & Swae Lee Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse) Billboard Hot 100
Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse)
Post Malone & Swae Lee
ย 
ย 
arrow-down.svg?8b51aef27dd41c5585b1
Halsey Without Me Billboard Hot 100
ย 
Cardi B & Bruno Mars Please Me Billboard Hot 100
Please Me
Cardi B & Bruno Mars
ย 
ย 
arrow-new.svg?8b51aef27dd41c5585b1
Billie Eilish Bad Guy Billboard Hot 100
ย 
ย 
arrow-up.svg?8b51aef27dd41c5585b1
Jonas Brothers Sucker Billboard Hot 100
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 

ย 
Marshmello & Bastille Happier Billboard Hot 100
Happier
Marshmello & Bastille
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 

ย 
J. Cole Middle Child Billboard Hot 100
Middle Child

On 4/13/2019 at 5:44 PM, Bailey said:

. Society doesn't embrace performers of color in mass like it was during the 90s when you could look at the BB top 10 and half the acts were Black........not anymore :umm:

Youโ€™re statement is beyond false that itโ€™s not even funnyย 

Society (the youth who honestly empowers musicians) has moved on from R&B to pop & Hip-Hop

3 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Youโ€™re statement is beyond false that itโ€™s not even funnyย 

Society (the youth who honestly empowers musicians) has moved on from R&B to pop & Hip-Hop

but isnt R&B something African Americans do? I mean what's in the top ten that's R&B?