How do we feel lately about the Emperor of RnB

EphraimAdamz

37 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Why you go and make this thread two pages? This thread has more views than Usher’s last album 

let it die.....GoT is coming on soon and it's only 6 episodes to the final season so shit should pop off fast

On 4/9/2019 at 6:24 PM, EphraimAdamz said:

Why hasn't there been an Usher award show tribute? 

EXCUSE ME?????????????????????????? SAY WHAT????????😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Boy u made me spit out my drink when i read tthat!!!  

Ok now, back to reality. As everyone said ..Usher's team failed him ...it seems once his personal life became headline news...then his music started to take a backseat. Even Jayz said to Usher "whats goin on witchu u suppose to be up there with my wife...what happened.." 

Usher then turned to LA.Reid and said "talk to this man"..

So lol i dont know what Usher was tryna say...but it was slightly awkward cus Beyonce was standing there too when Jayz said that to Usher.

On 4/9/2019 at 7:24 PM, EphraimAdamz said:

We haven't talked about Usher lately. Why hasn't he received the Vanguard award? Why hasn't there been an Usher award show tribute? Why was Jlo, Rihanna, and Justin Timberlake chosen first?

He is in there with Missy, TLC, and Busta when it comes to not getting that Vanguard award. He should have recieved that over a decade ago... easily. And I have never seen a tribute to him. I know us Janet fans go on about her not getting the praise she deserves. But when you look at some of these other artists. They don't get half the praise Janet has gotten. I remember a couple years back. Usher fans were trying to get MTV to do a Icon special for him. The way they did for Janet. It fell on death ears. Also it doesn't help that he had that herpes scandal. My daughters only know him as the guy with the herpes. Everytime I listen to Let it burn...they always burst out laughing. And I can't do shit but laugh with them.😩😩

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:19 AM, janetDAYZ said:

EXCUSE ME?????????????????????????? SAY WHAT????????😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Boy u made me spit out my drink when i read tthat!!!  

Ok now, back to reality. As everyone said ..Usher's team failed him ...it seems once his personal life became headline news...then his music started to take a backseat. Even Jayz said to Usher "whats goin on witchu u suppose to be up there with my wife...what happened.." 

Usher then turned to LA.Reid and said "talk to this man"..

So lol i dont know what Usher was tryna say...but it was slightly awkward cus Beyonce was standing there too when Jayz said that to Usher.

:blink: Oh wow..never knew this..:lol:

It's all Usher's fault why he fell off really hard. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2019 at 8:20 AM, BlackCat1989 said:

He is in there with Missy, TLC, and Busta when it comes to not getting that Vanguard award. He should have recieved that over a decade ago... easily. And I have never seen a tribute to him. I know us Janet fans go on about her not getting the praise she deserves. But when you look at some of these other artists. They don't get half the praise Janet has gotten. I remember a couple years back. Usher fans were trying to get MTV to do a Icon special for him. The way they did for Janet. It fell on death ears. Also it doesn't help that he had that herpes scandal. My daughters only know him as the guy with the herpes. Everytime I listen to Let it burn...they always burst out laughing. And I can't do shit but laugh with them.😩😩

They chose to do a Britney tribute. As if she was doing any better, if not worse than Usher

Even tho Britknee is a joke in todays current climate she is far more iconic and impactful than Usher ever was..bringing her into this is quite laughable. She's had more "mtv moments" than Usher..so for her to get a tribute...it was destined to happen. Usher's popularity didnt even last a decade, so thats why he doesnt get his flowers. He hadnt sustained long enough to be recognized as iconic

• Upvote 1

Just now, janetDAYZ said:

Even tho Britnee is a joke in todays current climate she is far more iconic and impactful than Usher ever was..bringing her into this is quite laughable. She's had more "mtv moments" than Usher..so for her to get a tribute...it was destined to happen. Usher's popularity didnt even last a decade, so thats why he doesnt get his flowers. He hadnt sustained long enough to be recognized as iconic

He has the "accomplishments" but he was never held in high regard like his peers.

2 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Exactly, for sum strange reason...

I think even JT gets more praise than Usher. 

It is very strange because he is talented.  But even when he was "big" he still paled in comparison to his peers..and making sub-par music following his "Confessions" era didn't help.

JT, Beyoncé, Britney, P!nk, and to an extent Legend X are held in higher regard than Usher(his peers).

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2019 at 12:14 PM, hotboy06 said:

He has the "accomplishments" but he was never held in high regard like his peers.

There's no need to put accomplishments quotation. Let's be real. They don't have the singing voice, tour success, or record sales (Confessions) as Usher. Stage presence or dancing capabilities. Not to mention he has 9 #1 hot 100s all as the leading artist.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/14/2019 at 11:17 AM, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

I don’t care

No one is here for Usher. He’s a classic example of “evolve your music or be eaten”... 

Usher decided to keep releasing shit music year after year and not change. He, like every R&B star from the 90s, became irrelevant 

K thanks

Um, he's still very relevant lol

And he did evolve, he had to. He continued to release R&B and it went well, but to continue that high level of success where he was before he had to adapt to the new tasteless styles of trap and pop/EDM. It worked pretty well. He had two more #1s with Love in this club and OMG. Had more #1 albums, the URX Tour sold out a lot of the arenas and stadiums without and album and he's still well respected by his peers and music fans everywhere. Do you know how many people still talk about him and compare artists like Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Weeknd, Bruno Mars to him? He worked up to the point to be the standard for all the new R&B and pop male artists for the lat 10 to 15 years. That's nothing to sneeze about. 

I know a lot of people hated how he released some EDM singles, but he only did like 6 or 7 EMD songs in his whole career, and across a 3 year period (2010-12). His career spans 28 years so far (1993-2020) so I'd say he's doing very well. His song with Summer Walker just went platinum and like 2 years ago he did the R&B Fridays Tour, they upgraded to stadiums for him and he sold out 94% of the tickets. He's fine lol. I can't think of another male R&B artist from the 90s in as good a position as he is. If we're being honest, none of the newer guys who debuted after him reached his level. Kinda sad fact, but it's a testament to his longevity and successful career.  

On 4/15/2019 at 8:20 AM, BlackCat1989 said:

He is in there with Missy, TLC, and Busta when it comes to not getting that Vanguard award. He should have recieved that over a decade ago... easily. And I have never seen a tribute to him. I know us Janet fans go on about her not getting the praise she deserves. But when you look at some of these other artists. They don't get half the praise Janet has gotten. I remember a couple years back. Usher fans were trying to get MTV to do a Icon special for him. The way they did for Janet. It fell on death ears. 

I know on paper he's up there with all the other legends. He's even the second most awarded male R&B act ever, MJ is #1 of course. He inspired every R&B artist since the mid 2000s, he's outlasted all his peers (Monica, Brandy, and Aaliyah) and is still very relevant, but he still feels disrespected for some reason. I know the Vanguard Award is usually given after artist have a good year tho. He really should have won it a good 10 maybe 15 years ago, but IDK why lol. He did get the BET Honors and earlier this year at the Grammys dinner they just started clapping for him and cheering out of nowhere just cuz someone said he was one of the greatest entertainers ever, so people recognize his impact. IDK where the disconnect is. Maybe it's just the fact that he's almost 30 years into his career and no one's on top forever. He should get that award tho Maybe he will next year? Fans are very excited for a new album he's been teasing for about 3 years now so they might give it to him next year. If not, I'm not worried for him. Everyone knows he's a legend so does it really matter?

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2020 at 5:14 PM, king_c said:

I know on paper he's up there with all the other legends. He's even the second most awarded male R&B act ever, MJ is #1 of course. He inspired every R&B artist since the mid 2000s, he's outlasted all his peers (Monica, Brandy, and Aaliyah) and is still very relevant, but he still feels disrespected for some reason. I know the Vanguard Award is usually given after artist have a good year tho. He really should have won it a good 10 maybe 15 years ago, but IDK why lol. He did get the BET Honors and earlier this year at the Grammys dinner they just started clapping for him and cheering out of nowhere just cuz someone said he was one of the greatest entertainers ever, so people recognize his impact. IDK where the disconnect is. Maybe it's just the fact that he's almost 30 years into his career and no one's on top forever. He should get that award tho Maybe he will next year? Fans are very excited for a new album he's been teasing for about 3 years now so they might give it to him next year. If not, I'm not worried for him. Everyone knows he's a legend so does it really matter?

He deserves it but JT was always a kiss ass and favored over him. Racial barriers with this stuff as usual

• Upvote 1