Official: Madonna’s 14th Album-“Madame X”

Lenzo88

15 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Finally!!!....something worthy of Madonna. I really enjoyed it and as a black queer I am deeply moved.

......am I missing something here....I am

neither intrigued or impressed!!!  😳😱😂🤣😂💀💀💀 

Someone please explain the visuals, imagery, concept and symbolism cause I’m so lost! The song is sooooo through away but she’s clearly trying to convey some kind of powerful, fore offending message but I just am so lost! 😳😳😳 

1 hour ago, Lenzo88 said:

......am I missing something here....I am

neither intrigued or impressed!!!  😳😱😂🤣😂💀💀💀 

Someone please explain the visuals, imagery, concept and symbolism cause I’m so lost! The song is sooooo through away but she’s clearly trying to convey some kind of powerful, fore offending message but I just am so lost! 😳😳😳 

She spoon fed the concept from the opening quote from Joan of Arc.

It's about not fitting into this world of lies and illusions where the patriarchy and their judgement stifles and smothers any form of expression from an opposing view.

Being black and queer is the ultimate fuck you to a world and community that doesn't value your life or care about what you have to say...yet we can wear a tuxedo dress on a red carpet and people are talking about the end days and ready to burn you at the stake or bully you as a preteen to the point where you feel obligated to end your life or beat you then later kill you because you decided to switch genders...shall I continue :unsure:

• Upvote 1

I’ve been a fan of Mykki Blanco’s for a long time and it’s pretty major for a gay, gender fluid hiv positive man of color to have this visibility. The song itself is nothing special, but I enjoyed the video.

• Upvote 1

THIS is the song that (multiple) journalists were comparing to "Bohemian Rhapsody"? Just as well, for me; I can't stand Queen but perhaps I chose the wrong career.

I was really hoping for a 180° from Deviled Heart but instead we got a complete 360°. Explaining myself would just be redundant; you guys have said it all over the last page. I'm not trying to be negative - I desperately want to be proven wrong! - but this is shaping up to be her third trainwreck in a row.

Hard Candy sounds amazing these days y'all.

• Upvote 1

A quick spin on my “Janet Thread” of this topic but what do you think was her best music video from each album!?! 😃😆

Self Titled: Uhhhh probably “Lucky Star” or “Borderline”??? 🤔 

Like A Virgin: Would say the title track out of pure iconography alone but “Material Girl” was just WAY more fun! 😍

True Blue: “Open Your Heart” or “La Isla Bonita”!!! 😳😱😫🤔

Like A Prayer: Title track, no question!!! 😇😇😇

Erotica: “Rain”!!! 😫

Bedtime Stories: Tie with “Bedtime Story” and “Take A Bow” 🌞

Ray of Light: “Frozen” 💙💙💙

Music: “Don’t Tell Me” 🤠🧡❤️💛

American Life: .....meh....only “Hollywood” was decent. Definitely her WORST era in terms of visuals/music videos! 🤢🤮

Confessions...: “Sorry” or “Jump”!!! What an era of visuals!!! 😍😍😍😩

Hardy Candy: Ehhhhh....I guess “4 Minutes”....the others are rather forgettable!

MDNA: “Girl Gone Wild”!!! 😝❤️💙❤️

Rebel Heart: “Ghosttown” was actually low key brilliant in terms of the song AND video itself. 😳😱🤔

Madame X (So far): “Crave”. “Dark Ballet” is too polarizing for me. 😵😵😵

the roll out of this project has been really bad, it's like okay throw everything out there and let's see what sticks, what kinda strategy is that? :unsure: I can't really keep up with one song to the next since she keeps putting out new shit every five seconds. I don't think she realizes she's killing the project by never riding a single out whether it flops or not, she's flopping herself because new track makes the last the old track :umm:

as for her age and whatever else, gurl hush that shit up aint nobody trying to hear her moan and fucking groan about getting older in an industry that increasingly monetizes youth, if she feeling some kinda way, and clearly she is, learn to protest in silence, get out there and work hard and put out great products stop bitching....aint she been in the business long enough to know ....no one likes a complainer :filenails:

I used to really love me some Madonna chile -_- 

On 6/8/2019 at 4:36 PM, Bailey said:

the roll out of this project has been really bad, it's like okay throw everything out there and let's see what sticks, what kinda strategy is that? :unsure: I can't really keep up with one song to the next since she keeps putting out new shit every five seconds. I don't think she realizes she's killing the project by never riding a single out whether it flops or not, she's flopping herself because new track makes the last the old track :umm:

as for her age and whatever else, gurl hush that shit up aint nobody trying to hear her moan and fucking groan about getting older in an industry that increasingly monetizes youth, if she feeling some kinda way, and clearly she is, learn to protest in silence, get out there and work hard and put out great products stop bitching....aint she been in the business long enough to know ....no one likes a complainer :filenails:

I used to really love me some Madonna chile -_- 

If she came out as humble and “sang” music that’s true to her heart (something she hasn’t done since the 90s)... she could have had a chance but I feel she’s being pressured by her 360 label to submit an album. 

Madonna needs to go independent as soon as her contract is up.. She can still tour.. she’s a powerhouse so wtf you doing with a label gurl 

The age thing is old news. She was old ten years ago but still gave more effort then than now. She should know how the industry works since she’s been in it for 70 years. 

• Upvote 1

I'll do the Madonna thing you did, Lenzo:

Self Titled - Burning Up or Holiday
Like a Virgin - Into the Groove
True Blue - Open Your Heart
Like a Prayer - Title Track
Erotica - Secret Garden
Bedtime Stories - Secret
Ray of Light - Skin
Music - I Deserve It
American Life - Hollywood
Confessions - Jump
Hard Candy - 4 Minutes
MDNA - Girl Gone Wild
Rebel Heart - Ghost Town
Madame X - I Rise

19 hours ago, zeb1814 said:

What did you think? 

It’s absolutely what I NOT expected!!! Wayyy more experimental than I thought it was going to be!!! “God Control” is blizzard yet EPIC!!! Serious “Confessions...” vibes with that one!!! I honestly am kind of blown away so far!!! Exceeded my expectations on that this feels like a Madonna album on her level than the trend chasing releases of her last 2-3 eras!! 😳😱🤔

• Like 1

My hopes were really low for this project but some of the music on the album is gorgeous and very well crafted, she did that!  ... my only problem is that I wish she wouldn't have made it so obvious that she manipulated her vocals...as soon as I'm connecting to a song, her robotic voice takes me out of it. Other than that, it's quite good....those singles she released did this album no justice at all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

It’s absolutely what I NOT expected!!! Wayyy more experimental than I thought it was going to be!!! “God Control” is blizzard yet EPIC!!! Serious “Confessions...” vibes with that one!!! I honestly am kind of blown away so far!!! Exceeded my expectations on that this feels like a Madonna album on her level than the trend chasing releases of her last 2-3 eras!! 😳😱🤔

How was the vocals/autotune??? I might buy it on itunes or something. 

1 hour ago, Dominique Laveau said:

My hopes were really low for this project but some of the music on the album is gorgeous and very well crafted, she did that!  ... my only problem is that I wish she wouldn't have made it so obvious that she manipulated her vocals...as soon as I'm connecting to a song, her robotic voice takes me out of it. Other than that, it's quite good....those singles she released did this album no justice at all. 

I absolutely agree!!!

She released the most commercial sounding singles simply for promotion but the album tracks are beyond ANYTHING those songs could have shown what the actual album is like. 

The vocal manipulation is annoying at points, Mirawis seems obsessed with autotune throughout but at least I like how he tries to make Madonna’s voice sound different on certain tracks despite that aka given in context with the song n what they were going for. 

She's released like what. 5 or 6 singles now? She could've released one of those songs y'all are talking about to show people what she's doing. You never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression and Lord if Bruce Springsteen beats her on Billboard next week it's gonna be embarrassing. :umm: 

Seriously “God Control” is like “Like A Prayer” meets “Confessions....” Haunting, chilling, A BOP!!! I love how bizarre and abstract the song is ala “This Is America”, but sooooo much meaning within, it’s INSANE!!!

”Bitch I’m Loco” is hilarious in only a way Madonna could deliver and SHOULD have been the lead! 😳😱😂🤣😂💀💀 

“Batuka”....unprecedented cultural brilliance!!! 😱😱😱

Faz Gostoso WOW!!! 

“Come Alive”....JESUS!!! 😇😇😇

“I Dont Search I Find”.....WHAT?!? 😱😱😱 

giphy.gif

Just leave my body behind please!!! 😫🙌💀

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

She's released like what. 5 or 6 singles now? She could've released one of those songs y'all are talking about to show people what she's doing. You never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression and Lord if Bruce Springsteen beats her on Billboard next week it's gonna be embarrassing. :umm: 

I honestly didn't know Bruce had an album out, that might be trouble for Madge.:ph34r: