Happy 18th Birthday to the ALL FOR YOU Scripture

It’s the album that started it all [for me]. 18 years ago today, I was blessed with this album.

It’s Janet Jackson’s seventh chapter and second most personal album to date. 

The AFY Scripture was built around Janet’s personal freedom from a leech and escaping the 1900s... proving once and for all, she is an icon, a legend for the new millennia. 

Let us all celebrate this joyous occasion! 

The Album Birthday Track: When We Oooo

This was also my first personal Janet album. I used to play the shit out of it on my discman. I don’t think I really grasped how major that era was back then. I have many fond memories of appreciating that music and letting it stoke my imagination. 

• Upvote 1

After years of thinking it was a disjointed mess with highlights, I finally recognise the strength of this album and its theme. I will never understand the "lets drop 3/4 slows jams back to back in the middle" decision, but its a solid B grade album. Im one of the minority that doesn't really love the lead single or DRM, but this album (along with DJ) really had so much potential in terms of single longevity