Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Amy

Janet album reissue?

Recommended Posts

I have just noticed that amazon have a listing for a 2 disc vinyl release the week after the Control vinyl reissue. When you click the available mp3 it’s for the Janet album. The reviews are for the Janet album as well...

They have kept it quiet if it is a reissue?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TBC-VINYL/dp/B07QW5TVFG/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Janet+Jackson&qid=1558127256&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it weird these kids that work in the coffee shop at work were talking about ordering a record player, I'm like that's a thing now huh? :lol:  everybody taking it back

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know. I regret getting rid of mine when I moved but I’m glad I kept most of my vinyls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bailey said:

it weird these kids that work in the coffee shop at work were talking about ordering a record player, I'm like that's a thing now huh? :lol:  everybody taking it back

It's been reported that vinyl is the only physical format to increase in sales over the last few years. I'm seeing them more than CDs now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw Control: The Remixes as well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J. said:

I saw Control: The Remixes as well

But it had the regular LP cover so I’m not sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully there will be a press release and one place to order all of these (her site)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The impending 30th anniversary of September 1989's Rhythm Nation 1814 (12x platinum worldwide) and featuring the hit singles "Miss You Much", "Rhythm Nation", and "Escapade", and will be properly recognized with a first-time standard black 2LP upgrade that restores the album's previously missing interludes and unedited tracks.

Was RN really edited for its original vinyl release? I don't own it but I always assumed the interludes were intact, just not credited, and that the songs were unedited. I always thought double albums were unnecessary but if that's the case...

What I'll definitely be buying is the Control: The Remixes reissue. Pretty colors!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, God said:

Was RN really edited for its original vinyl release? I don't own it but I always assumed the interludes were intact, just not credited, and that the songs were unedited. I always thought double albums were unnecessary but if that's the case...

What I'll definitely be buying is the Control: The Remixes reissue. Pretty colors!

The original RN LP was apparently only one disc and edited as a result 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J. said:

62250403_354697298582008_394318706751084

I’m getting confused. Control remixes has a different cover to the listing on amazon. But if they are coloured lp’s then that is cool. All For You isn’t shown as being a picture disc and Rhythm Nation isn’t shown as being silver. So are they going to be releasing limited coloured editions like Control?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Amy said:

I’m getting confused. Control remixes has a different cover to the listing on amazon. But if they are coloured lp’s then that is cool. All For You isn’t shown as being a picture disc and Rhythm Nation isn’t shown as being silver. So are they going to be releasing limited coloured editions like Control?

I think the Amazon stuff still needs to be updated, because there's no way the remixes would have the regular cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And they're already selling well. Someone on j-club went to their local record store and were told that "Control" was selling fast.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've wanted this for almost five years and it's finally happening 😭

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well shit I gotta go to

my parents house and take their record player may as well grab the 8 track while I’m at it just to be safe 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...