Feedback vs. Dammn Baby

Lenzo88

34 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Lets not act like the FB choreo is some masterpiece. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thank you!!!

If it was, why does she keep revamping the choreography when she performs it on tour??? 🤔 I bet you if she performed DB again, she’d keep the original choreography from the video...which says A LOT! 😝

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Thank you!!!

If it was, why does she keep revamping the choreography when she performs it on tour??? 🤔 I bet you if she performed DB again, she’d keep the original choreography from the video...which says A LOT! 😝

FB was more of a letdown simply bc FB is a track that has a heavy bassline and should be a dancers playground.. The beat is a DANCE track..and thats what they came up with? DB is danceable but not as much as FB. FB should have had choreo that rivaled RN and IF imo....and it wasnt even close.

3 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

FB was more of a letdown simply bc Janet didn’t write and/or produce it

Fixed it

This thread is like comparing Say You Do to TPP... it just shouldn’t happen. FB, the first single from Disappointment, was hyped.

A better comparison should have been FB & that overrated second single RWU which has a superior video without Janet dancing in cum

2 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Fixed it

This thread is like comparing Say You Do to TPP... it just shouldn’t happen. FB, the first single from Disappointment, was hyped.

A better comparison should have been FB & that overrated second single RWU which has a superior video without Janet dancing in cum

:sigh: 

5 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

FB was more of a letdown simply bc FB is a track that has a heavy bassline and should be a dancers playground.. The beat is a DANCE track..and thats what they came up with? DB is danceable but not as much as FB. FB should have had choreo that rivaled RN and IF imo....and it wasnt even close.

I agree. I was ready for some hot dancing especially during the bridge

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone sees FB as having masterful choreography or anything. It's just that DB is clearly inferior in comparison.

I will say that neither song translated well live. I've never been totally satisfied with a FB live performance in any of its iterations. DB's choreo was bad in the video and it was bad on stage. If we saw anybody else doing that on stage, we'd laugh at them. It really was a Cheetah Girls routine, as stated above.

6 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Fixed it

Im staying ON TOPIC...this is not about what she wrote or didnt write one bit. I suggest you stick to the TOPIC and focus bc none of that has anything to do with choreography at all. Writing a song doesnt equate to better choreo... what you said is irrevelant. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

I don't think anyone sees FB as having masterful choreography or anything. It's just that DB is clearly inferior in comparison.

I will say that neither song translated well live. I've never been totally satisfied with a FB live performance in any of its iterations. DB's choreo was bad in the video and it was bad on stage. If we saw anybody else doing that on stage, we'd laugh at them. It really was a Cheetah Girls routine, as stated above.

But my thing is that you are comparing something (IMO) that isnt measured fairly. DB is a danceable song but isnt as danceable as ...lets say a "Make Me" ...so the choreo expectation would be higher IMO of a "Make Me" than a "Damn Baby".. Instead of FB vs DB..it should have been FB vs Make Me...cus they are dance heavy tracks more aligned with each other. I think DB choreo is juss "different" than what was expected but I dont think it was a mishap..i believe it was on purpose. I truly believe Janet didnt want hard hitting choreo..she wanted it to be a lil more diff than shes known to do.. So i appreciated the choreo in a different way than most. I understood what she was tryna present. And i liked the choreo. Its all subjective either way. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Cool! Same... last time I checked this thread is FB vs DB... not FB choreography vs DB choreography :umm: 

We were discussing CHOREO at this point and you interjected talkin about songwriting which had NOTHING TO DO with CHOREO.

Like i said your comment was irrelevant to the specific discussion. 

get it? Now scram.

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2019 at 5:50 PM, janetDAYZ said:

On 6/6/2019 at 6:07 AM, janetDAYZ said:

Lets not act like the FB choreo is some masterpiece. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

FB looked cute bc it went with the video and her jumping from planet to planet and being and intergalactic goddess, but live.... if she doesn’t bring her lil planet thing with her, it just doesn’t hit as hard 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

FB looked cute bc it went with the video and her jumping from planet to planet and being and intergalactic goddess, but live.... if she doesn’t bring her lil planet thing with her, it just doesn’t hit as hard 

Her little planet thing lol. 

But may I ask dont yall think that Feedback was strenuous and physically draining as well as intricate live

I think Dammn Baby performance live was like When she performed GOTIG or Together Again live on the VR Tour in music videos,press and tv performances she would do full choreo and live she sings with mic and doesnt really do the choreo lie

Y'all are giving to much energy to those basic ass routines.

DB is more fluid but it's comes off like a Zumba class in parts with frumpy Janet leading the way.

Feedback was disjointed, frantic in parts and reads like something left on the cutting floor of the movie 'You Got Served' 

Chile

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dal said:

I will say forever that FB was on its way to being Top 10 if not #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart... it was that dope of a track

I remember the fans, we tried soooooo hard to get that song played on the radio and they just wouldnt budge, Janet was seriously blacklisted :(

For me, being a die hard fan for as long as I have been, it's become difficult for me to compare her works. I would venture to think Janet would want her work to stand on its own, and when you compare someone has to win and someone has to lose. I think DB was a video we begged for if I recall because we knew it had been filmed, the tour was postponed, and there didnt seem to be any indication we were getting DB as a release at all. I recall arguing since they did film it why not let the fans see it? Now we pitting it against FB :sigh: