Janet adds another Europe festival #MJF19

bonsaibutterfly

I was hoping she would start performing on the different jazz festivals in Europe, like Chaka Khan and Erykah Badu and the likes do. These festivals draw lots of older people (too) and I think they would be a great venue for her to continue touring in Europe during summers. We have this one great jazz festival in my country and I'm secretely wishing she will perform there NEXT year, as she is only doing two gigs this summer. Anyway, glad she's *finally* giving the European fans something too!

• Like 1

I hoped she would perform at the North Sea Jazz in Rotterdam... I contacted the organization and they told me there was contact between them and Janets team.

However, these two festivals are Janets way of showing us her love. It's the start of re-establishing her relationship with the European fans. Next year, when the new album is out, she will definitely go on a new world tour (incl. Europe), so she needs this promotion.

• Upvote 2

I agree. I think this is the most she can do for the European fans atm, with the Vegas shows in Usa and being a mom to a toddler. I really hope she will do a bigger tour next year - she should. There have been so many cancellations since the TVR Tour and a lot of people have forgotten about her or don't see her as very relevant anymore. This is a good way to start building up the European fanbase again.

Janet's Team: if you are reading this and planning a bigger tour in Europe later on, please, please, PLEASE add a Meet&Greet ticket to the ticket options!! It's been too long, I want to finally meet her in person. ♉♥️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

This is definitely to reintroduce Janet to Europe. An actual tour in Europe would still be very dicey. She did a lot of damage to her relationship with Europe with all her cancellations.

She needs a new big hit in order to "mend her ties" with Europe. The old songs or MFN ain't enough...

What she needs to do is release the album and then tour worldwide in promotion of the album. With Unbreakable, Janet was supposed to play in pretty big venues over here. Some were selling, some weren't.

She could scale down to smaller venues (5,000 - 12,000 seats) here and there. The reason she never took SOTW to Europe was simply because there was nothing new to promote (except for maybe Made For Now). Asia is J's 2nd biggest market so those tickets pretty much sell themselves. 

Once JJ12 is out there will be promotion for a worldwide tour. Mark these words.

• Upvote 1

There definitely needs to be more promotion! During the Unbreakable Tour there wasn't enough promo and some of the venues weren't selling that well. But I still think that in addition to lots of promo here in Europe she also needs new hit music! Otherwise she will be regarded just as a nostalgic artist... we need something new and fresh from her. 😻

Keep doing festivals, that way the promotion is already there and a bigger audience outside of Janet fans will be exposed to her. 

Forget about the expectation of traditional promo and album releases, it's a new time and we can speculate on what she should or could do forever, but she's proven herself to be a solid draw at festivals and it's a win win for everyone.

New music isn't going to guarantee seats sold. It would be nice, but doing festivals and residencies here and there also keeps her from having to do hundreds of shows. She's not going to keep doing major tours for the next ten years, she also needs time to enjoy life outside of work and raise her child.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TaurusLove84 said:

There definitely needs to be more promotion! During the Unbreakable Tour there wasn't enough promo and some of the venues weren't selling that well. But I still think that in addition to lots of promo here in Europe she also needs new hit music! Otherwise she will be regarded just as a nostalgic artist... we need something new and fresh from her. 😻

I think her name alone and a new album is enough promo. She might need to do some televised interviews though. 

For instance, Mariah Carey performed in a 17,000 seat-venue last night in Europe in support of her last album. She did no big promo, and the singles did nothing on the charts. She only sold about 3,000 tickets and had to change the whole seating-plan to make it look like it had great attendance.

Janet could easily play in some smaller venues here and there to avoid low ticket sales. Festivals are nice, but I assume that's just a one-time thing this Summer.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:29 PM, TaurusLove84 said:

I agree. I think this is the most she can do for the European fans atm, with the Vegas shows in Usa and being a mom to a toddler. I really hope she will do a bigger tour next year - she should. There have been so many cancellations since the TVR Tour and a lot of people have forgotten about her or don't see her as very relevant anymore. This is a good way to start building up the European fanbase again.

Janet's Team: if you are reading this and planning a bigger tour in Europe later on, please, please, PLEASE add a Meet&Greet ticket to the ticket options!! It's been too long, I want to finally meet her in person. ♉♥️

And that's what i've said years ago although some naive fans don't wanna admit to it. Janet is sometimes the sole reason for her setbacks.

2 hours ago, Jakob said:

I think her name alone and a new album is enough promo. She might need to do some televised interviews though. 

For instance, Mariah Carey performed in a 17,000 seat-venue last night in Europe in support of her last album. She did no big promo, and the singles did nothing on the charts. She only sold about 3,000 tickets and had to change the whole seating-plan to make it look like it had great attendance.

Janet could easily play in some smaller venues here and there to avoid low ticket sales. Festivals are nice, but I assume that's just a one-time thing this Summer.

Omg! is there a receipt for this? Mariah has never really been good at selling tickets but what made her think she could do a 17,000 seat venue? :o 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jakob said:

Are you serious???

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

And that's what i've said years ago although some naive fans don't wanna admit to it. Janet is sometimes the sole reason for her setbacks.

Omg! is there a receipt for this? Mariah has never really been good at selling tickets but what made her think she could do a 17,000 seat venue? :o 

There's no officials numbers released, but I guessed it was like 4,000 people. Then I read that someone asked the crew about the sales and this person told him about 3,000 tickets were sold.

It was at the same venue Janet was supposed to play in 2016. At the time when it was just postponed i asked whether the postponement had anything to do with poor sales, but both the venue as our local Ticketmaster told me the postponement had nothing to do with sales. In fact, they told me the sales were pretty decent. 

• Upvote 1

To be honest, at this point in her life, I don't expect her to want to "win over" Europe or any other continent for that matter. She's had the success before. I don't know what it is that she wants for her future. Her baby is obviously her priority, as he should be. I was surprised she "came back" with Unbreakable and SOTW. She could have just released some music and make an appearance here and there and then call it a wrap. She loves the tour life and I think that lifestyle and the love from her fans give her comfort after the problems in her personal life. I would like to know, however, what it is that she wants next. I will go to her concert, if she ever performs near me. Other than that, I'm not expecting too much. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've read enough, most comments here. New music isn't going to propel Janet in touring anywhere. We are now in different times, as Kishi said, things are different. Janet's best days of being in entertainment have waned, and that's okay, when you think about how many artists would love to have had the career Janet Jackson has enjoyed.

I want to simply take away pressure(s) and expectations by simply wishing Janet the entertainer well, and Janet the mother, sister, human being the absolute best in everything else. I'm passed trying to place expectations on her its time to let it be what it will be and God bless :)

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2019 at 3:13 PM, zeb1814 said:

Are you serious???

that does happen I saw it at a rescheduled Janet show, they covered many seats with black tarp to give the illusion the venue wasnt empty ....I remember that because while I had been to many concerts I had never saw that occur before :unsure:

1 hour ago, EphraimAdamz said:

has she ever collaborated  with an artist popular in europe other than michael? A feature or duet with someone there could create buzz but who?

With Ricky Martin for the Pepsi Commercial. It was released in Europe also, but I don't remember how much promo there was in Europe for it. A duet with Shakira or Enrique Iglesias would have been hot!

2 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

has she ever collaborated  with an artist popular in europe other than michael? A feature or duet with someone there could create buzz but who?

see this is where am I'm not, this sounds desperate, I think what many here understand is that trying to remain current or relevant in today's fleeting landscape is futile. Especially if you're an older more established act. This is why I really appreciate the nods to fans directly from Janet herself, opening shows with songs like "Empty" and a B-side of all things, but still relevant today the "Skin Game" is still around...get it Janet ...we love you too you aint gotta do anything we havent already see u slay :wub: although what do I know this chick is random as hell at times :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Blah blah blah blah. No one's saying Janet Jackson has to work with some 18 year old on a song. Y'all act like Janet is above doing collaborations. Daddy Yankee was a great contemporary for her and surely there's plenty artists in Europe Janet could work with. It's not like Nelly or Khia were it factors or anything. Calm down. 

• Upvote 2