Are Janet stans the most mature fan base?

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Clearly we’re the most chill out of all the stan groups. We’ll more so argue with each other before we get into with some other people about another lessor. The hive (sending death threats) is crazy, navy crazy, Madonna fans are nutcases...and I remember back in the day the lambs used to always try it with us but we paid it every time. We just worship the queen and mind our business 

7 hours ago, Dominique Laveau said:

It sounds good but naw...Janet fans can do the most as well and even drag Janet :lol: 

I'm still trying to figure out how 'Empress of Pop' took off...please let that go! 

I like Empress Of Pop and a lot of fans are using it. Look at the hashtag on Instagram: most of the posts are about Janet so yeah. 💁🏻‍♂️ It's a good title.

I believe when one crosses over into "stan" culture maturity often goes out the window first. Stans do a lot of things that don't make sense, I'm not wealthy, If I could I would have attended the induction ceremony, and I certainly would have been front and center for Las Vegas. I have other obligations to attend to. But I do know some stans that have done both and that's fine for them, but I wonder because they not rich either :unsure:

23 minutes ago, Jakob said:

I like Empress Of Pop and a lot of fans are using it. Look at the hashtag on Instagram: most of the posts are about Janet so yeah. 💁🏻‍♂️ It's a good title.

its sounds contrite as hell :umm: and desperate we always have to assign a "title" to a female in the game, queen of Pop, queen of soul, queen of hip hop soul...........it's too much, its not needed, does Janet require a title in order for the work she's done to be great?  Also does Janet ever call herself by any of these "titles" or does she even allow others to do so ? she doesn't have a title nor does she care  :sigh:  as evidenced by the fact she doesn't embrace that shit

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

its sounds contrite as hell :umm: and desperate we always have to assign a "title" to a female in the game, queen of Pop, queen of soul, queen of hip hop soul...........it's too much, its not needed, does Janet require a title in order for the work she's done to be great?  Also does Janet ever call herself by any of these "titles" or does she even allow others to do so ? she doesn't have a title nor does she care  :sigh: to as evidenced by the fact she doesn't embrace that shit

Well, she would DESERVE it. And let's be honest, a lot of stan-groups gave titles to their favorite artists, and some of those titles really became a thing and are used by more and more people everyday. 

I think it would be truly great to give Janet a title (even though she probably wouldn't care). Let's show the ignorant folks that Janet's impact and legacy is massive and that that goes along with a much deserved title. 👑

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Well, she would DESERVE it. And let's be honest, a lot of stan-groups gave titles to their favorite artists, and some of those titles really became a thing and are used by more and more people everyday. 

I think it would be truly great to give Janet a title (even though she probably wouldn't care). Let's show the ignorant folks that Janet's impact and legacy is massive and that that goes along with a much deserved title. 👑

I dont think a title in itself imparts any relevancy on the quality of an artist's work or lack thereof. I want to believe that being Janet Jackson in itself is it's own title. There isnt any other and there will always be only one. Just because these other fan bases impart titles onto their favs doesn't justify a cause of action on our end. Besides these groups tend to also grant even themselves "titles" the Navy, Lambs, and the Hive. As Janet Jackson fans' we've never had a single self-constructed title stick, and that's a good thing. Janet's legacy precedes all this internet BS. Madonna fans dont have a title, Toni Braxton fans as far as I know dont have a title, and Toni's unclaimed title is the first lady of LaFace records, and chile let me stop there :lmao:

and if Janet did have a title, I would hope it would be better than "Empress of Pop" :umm:  when I hear that "title" I tend to automatically cringe for one, and for two I also want to make sure they give me the egg fried rice because they keep fucking up with that plain white rice I dont want. :coffee:

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I dont think a title in itself imparts any relevancy on the quality of an artist's work or lack thereof. I want to believe that being Janet Jackson in itself is it's own title. There isnt any other and there will always be only one. Just because these other fan bases impart titles onto their favs doesn't justify a cause of action on our end. Besides these groups tend to also grant even themselves "titles" the Navy, Lambs, and the Hive. As Janet Jackson fans' we've never had a single self-constructed title stick, and that's a good thing. Janet's legacy precedes all this internet BS. Madonna fans dont have a title, Toni Braxton fans as far as I know dont have a title, and Toni's unclaimed title is the first lady of LaFace records, and chile let me stop there :lmao:

I know that and she doesn't NEED a title. That's not the point. I think it's great that when people think of Janet Jackson, they don't think of "Michael Jacksons sister" or any of that stuff. Older generations know Janets impact, but people tend to forget and tend to down-play her achievements. So, just leaning on the name Janet Jackson is great for us fans, but giving her an (unofficial) big title wouldn't hurt.

4 minutes ago, Jakob said:

I know that and she doesn't NEED a title. That's not the point. I think it's great that when people think of Janet Jackson, they don't think of "Michael Jacksons sister" or any of that stuff. Older generations know Janets impact, but people tend to forget and tend to down-play her achievements. So, just leaning on the name Janet Jackson is great for us fans, but giving her an (unofficial) big title wouldn't hurt.

I guess the intent is all in love I just can't get pass the idea for myself but do you boo boo

1 hour ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Toni Braxton doesn’t have a fan base :umm: 

there you go again paying our Black sista divas dust :umm:. Toni Braxton has 2.9 million Instagram followers, while Janet's total 3.6 million. Toni got fans, you may not be one :coffee: 

4 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Janet has the most fickle, ungrateful, and all-over-the-place fan base. 

There are only a few people that make sense when it comes to Janet and her all encompassing career.

look out Weekend cause here I come because Weekends were made for fun -_-

Any level of maturity among Janet fans ended when that janky countdown did and Janet got her wake up call that her fans don't fuk with her like that. 

I will say that Janet has some of the best looking fans, it's alot of trade on Lemuria.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Dominique Laveau said:

look out Weekend cause here I come because Weekends were made for fun -_-

Any level of maturity among Janet fans ended when that janky countdown did and Janet got her wake up call that her fans don't fuk with her like that. 

I will say that Janet has some of the best looking fans, it's alot of trade on Lemuria.

It was downhill at that moment. :lmao:  I'm glad I got to stan for Janet pre-internet because when I joined this board, it opened my eyes to how some fans perceived Janet's music/career.

14 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

It was downhill at that moment. :lmao:  I'm glad I got to stan for Janet pre-internet because when I joined this board, it opened my eyes to how some fans perceived Janet's music/career.

Janet had release a statement over a gift. Embarrassing! Could you imagine the BeeHive being that salty over that Before I Let Go travesty....would NOT happen! 

We could use more unwavering delusional fans in our ranks. I've seen lambs DEFEND those New Years/Christmas performances with straight faces....that's what the fuk I'm talking about! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

there you go again paying our Black sista divas dust :umm:. Toni Braxton has 2.9 million Instagram followers, while Janet's total 3.6 million. Toni got fans, you may not be one :coffee: 

Gurl.. those aren’t all fans :umm: Fans buy albums and tickets.. any asshole can follow anyone... there’s no power behind it 

Lets check billboard:

Her last album (Flop & Cigarettes) peaked at #22 on the Hot 200 and #14 on R&B :umm: 

So no... she doesn’t have a fan base and they don’t need a name aside from “90s Diva Nostalgia” 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dominique Laveau said:

It sounds good but naw...Janet fans can do the most as well and even drag Janet :lol: 

I'm still trying to figure out how 'Empress of Pop' took off...please let that go! 

I guess that took off cause the general public mainly whites gave Queen of Pop to Madonna although Janet was called the Queen back in 93 from rolling stone I think. Either way Janet has been called the Queen of Pop plenty and Madonna didn't like it so in a video a long time ago Madonna proclaimed herself as the Queen of Pop. So egotistical but no surprise there.

2 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

That's cause Janet tried us and you know it RED!!! :lmao:  That track is an awful mess. She took that away with a quickness. Janet has spoiled her fans by continuously giving us bops, slow jams, and soothing mid-tempo grooves and we had never heard any Janet track that sounded bad until she gave us "Weekend". She could've had that as a bonus track or something. I know she was testing it out but nobody was having it lol. IDK why JD had her singing like that. I think if she would've given us different vocals it would've been better but what she gave us was just a no.

2 hours ago, Dominique Laveau said:

Janet had release a statement over a gift. Embarrassing! Could you imagine the BeeHive being that salty over that Before I Let Go travesty....would NOT happen! 

We could use more unwavering delusional fans in our ranks. I've seen lambs DEFEND those New Years/Christmas performances with straight faces....that's what the fuk I'm talking about! 

Well the Hive has dragged Bey plenty of times. Especially when she had them waking up early and even skipping school all to see her announce she was going on a damn diet :lol: 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dominique Laveau said:

:lmao:  the delusions would be epic

• Upvote 1