BBC: Why Janet Jackson is pop's most underrated Legend

kidfresh832

Yall plz dont come for me this is all just for fun but what yall think of this setlist for Glastonbury Festival

Glastonbury Festival

1. The Knowledge

2. Rhythm Nation

3. BURNITUP(choreo switch it up make it a little different more 2019)

4. Escapade

5. All For You/”All Nite/Throb

6. Feedback(metamorphosis version)

7. Dammn Baby/I Get Lonely(Metamorphosis version)

8. Scream/Speech about Mike

9. Shoulda Known Better

10. Pleasure Principle

11. Call On Me(I just wish this would come through)

12. Throb/Together Again

13. Made For Now(8 min performance)

14. Broken Hearts Heal(just a nice tribute to Mike)

I know I left out alot of hits but I wanted this setlist to be a little spaced out and have a slight emphais on 2010's music.

Broken Hearts Heal is a interlude not a song that should be performed at An european music festival 

If she wanted to do a tribute to her older brother, she’d chose SCREAM bc it’s her song and well known

The fact that you think Janet’s going to do a speech on her brother in the middle of HER concert is mind blowingly stupid. Please sit down

4 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Broken Hearts Heal is a interlude not a song that should be performed at An european music festival 

If she wanted to do a tribute to her older brother, she’d chose SCREAM bc it’s her song and well known

The fact that you think Janet’s going to do a speech on her brother in the middle of HER concert is mind blowingly stupid. Please sit down

Alright alright I'll take it 😂😂😂thanks for your input bro I know I just love that song Broken Hearts Heal and I think the speech would've been overdone but overall what you guys think of the songs I selected.

8 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

Alright alright I'll take it 😂😂😂thanks for your input bro I know I just love that song Broken Hearts Heal and I think the speech would've been overdone but overall what you guys think of the songs I selected.

I love that interlude too but no speech. She made a speech in 2009 when he died at the BET Award... “He’s family”. (The Wacko we’re pressed too). There’s nothing more to be said. 

As far as your track list goes.. it is focused on her newer albums which would work in the USA but not Europe... Stick to the hits and maybe Feedback and Made For Now

I feel like y'all are worried about this performance as if Janet has not been touring to some capacity and doing festivals for the last two years....chile...Janet will be fine. I wouldn't expect much difference from her current Vegas show...she is not going to differ to much from what she is currently doing. :wacko:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dominique Laveau said:

I feel like y'all are worried about this performance as if Janet has not been touring to some capacity and doing festivals for the last two years....chile...Janet will be fine. I wouldn't expect much difference from her current Vegas show...she is not going to differ to much from what she is currently doing. :wacko:

it's Europe though, and we all know Janet's rep over there might not be that great. I wonder is she a bit nervous? Probably not she already gave signs she didnt give a fuck about what people think on the cruise ship when she said "ya'll got anchors on ya feet?"  clearly shes not worried about the crowd

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Dominique Laveau said:

I can't :wacko:

As much as Europe has been screaming for Janet to perform in they rinky dink countries they better show out. I know that! They show out for all the lessors and are they not other r&b pop acts on the itinerary?! :huh: 

y'all do the most

She is performing in the UK....that's one country in a big ass continent...culture varies throughout.

And the UK can get with r&b pop...its just she hasn't been present here recently...she has always been an underdog (she was never a child star here). The demographic of Glastonbury is also varied.

It'll be interesting to see how things go down that's for sure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackwings said:

I'm sure Together Again will play well over there, was a big UK hit if I'm remembering correctly. Mainly interested in how different the performance/outfit will be from Metamorphosis. Not expecting a great deal though..

It most likely will be but then again Janet has not been predictable recently...fuck she might open with Two To The Power of Love featuring Cliff Richard 🤣

Glastonbury used to be a kinda rock/indie event in earlier years but that's all changed up recently. I could probably see If being done for the rock vibe, MYN, Nasty...TTWLG along with TA are believe are her biggest hits here.

2 hours ago, Dominique Laveau said:

I can't :wacko:

As much as Europe has been screaming for Janet to perform in they rinky dink countries they better show out. I know that! They show out for all the lessors and are they not other r&b pop acts on the itinerary?! :huh: 

y'all do the most

I can :mellow:

As much as Janet's fans that happen to be European want a performance...now you saying folks do the most and I dont see it on this topic, you have folks genuinely concerned with how she's going to be received and no one knows how that's going to be until she's there

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Bailey said:

it's Europe though, and we all know Janet's rep over there might not be that great. I wonder is she a bit nervous? Probably not she already gave signs she didnt give a fuck about what people think on the cruise ship when she said "ya'll got anchors on ya feet?"  clearly shes not worried about the crowd

Nervous????????? What? 

While all these other artists such as Beyonce,Ciara etc...all say even til this day they still get nervous before each performance. Janet said she hasnt been nervous since the opening nite of the RN Tour.. Janet doesnt have those jitters like other performers. I highly doubt she's nervous and thinking "omg this is Europe...i hope i do well". Janet is gone treat that performance like any other VET performance

• Upvote 3

On 6/26/2019 at 2:17 PM, hotboy06 said:

Shouldn't be no different.  It's too iconic not to say it over there. LOL.

I agree. We pay too much attention to what she should do in Europe. Let the show happen and enjoy it!

• Upvote 2