Glastonbury Live streaming?

Dal

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I feel like Janet is pacing herself and at her age she needs to, we all need to, its called taking care of yourself, and she's a mom too. I dont expect her to be on 10s every move she makes thats very unrealistic and unhealthy. I think Vegas has high production value(s) added layeres of original creativity. Bursts of color and showmanship. From what I have allowed myself to view Vegas is a large scale spectacular.

It has nothing at all to do with Janet pacing herself. Literally nothing. The same energy it takes to put on SOTW tour is the same energy it takes to put on Vegas & London show, Switzerland & anything else. 

SOTW was a little more vibrant because it was built that way. That’s really all. There are some physical differences to Janet but I have seen her make shifts and changes and pull off things at every stage. 

Heres something I’ve truly noticed with Janet when she’s faced with something that she has to prove for herself, the divorce or her touring brand she goes hard. 

SOTW was only a year ago and it was impeccable. She even showed out after the death of her father. If you notice Janet changes her costumes when she feels a little thicker than she was. Pay attention. 

Oh one last thing about sound - 

Unpopular Opinion:

Yes, her internal sound was acting up on her. The music in her ears, her vocals, the tracks etc. she knew she needed to be turned up. 

BUT

Janet was predominantly singing live with the exception of RN verses & RWU at points. So because she has a softer voice she needed the mic louder and needed to project more BUT whenever you heard her she sounded GREAT. Her vocals were more live than most shows we see her in. This was like 90-95% live. 

9 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

I have to agree with the user formerly

known as “Voodoo”, at one point during “Miss You Much”, Janet was walking up those stairs like she was ready for bed! 😳😱 I have never seen THAT before. Now as for the sound issues, the funny thing is when u can hear her, her vocals were on point af (“Black Cat” no withstanding! B!tch! 😳😱😂🤣😂😅) But her mic checking got annoying to the point she was paying it more attention than the crowd so now I understand why.

She starts the show out with her usual AMAZING energy. “Trust A Try” and “If” were a great one-two punch of EPIC entrance!!! Then from there, the show went up and down. “WHYDFML”.....I have NEVER seen such laziness on Janet’s part! <strong>😳</strong><strong>😱</strong><strong>🤔</strong> Just jamming there with her band when her dancers should have stayed. I was like “Janet, now’s not the time to slow it down, your act just started!” 😳😱😅

The huge crowd was actually REALLY into her at times, chanting her name early on n singing along to most of her 80s-90s classics....yet “All For You”, possibly her second greatest international hit got NOTHING!!!? What?!? Even “Made For Now” got more of a reception! Now that we’re on that subject I’m am so sick of how she performs her latest single. Always the same routine presented the same way when it should be more vibrant and colorful! Darth Janet and her Rhythm Storm Troopers are not the tea for such a jubilant song. Jesus and she just doesn’t hit that second breakdown like you know she can. Oh well....

Also, the setlist for this tho?!? Random, sloppy, all over the place! I mean I get taking a shortened version of your Vegas show for a large festival since you have a little over 45 min but my god, this wasn’t a great presentation of her classic hits and deep cuts. Just next track to next track without any build, just “Ya’ll know this one?!” 😳😳😳

Also, the sound issues got so annoying that at one point when Janet said “I can’t hear you!” I was like “B!tch, we can’t hear you! Now’s not the time to test your mic, Ms. Jackson!” 😳😳😱

At least “Rhythm Nation” ended things strong! I just thought it was funny how hard she yelled “HO!” before the song started like she was told “Janet, they still can’t hear you?” “HO!!!!” 😡 “Did you hear that in the control room?!?” 🤬 “With music by our sides...” 👿

Ehhh, I give it a 7 out of 10 too! Now I must reflect on what I have just said on this lord’s day! 😫😭😭😭🤪👍

Epic entrance where? :umm:  Also yeah this is my first time seeing Janet being lazy. She's never really had to do a set in the middle of a festival before so maybe she was over it. She's used to either opening stuff or shutting shit down.

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Illi said:

Maybe she dresses like she does because she's still legally married...perhaps a finalized divorce will provide something less homely.

What kind of sexist shhhi?! :blink: 

She dresses like that bc she’s a black woman and she can

Even if that is true (that’s shes still legally married).. Wtf does picking her own tour outfit have to do with her former marriage 0_o

y’all reaching for the depths of hell trying to pull whatever you can without getting burned. Well ya burned yourself with that illogic

• Upvote 1

The performance wasnt definetely not that bad. Though I liked her outfit Id have she would have a back up in case of weather changes...I was literally BOILING that day. Coupled with the dancers horrible outfits, it all coulda done with a touch of colour.

Sticking with the hits woulda kept the momentum going (Throb killed it though) but people appeared to be enjoying at parts

• Upvote 1

YALL as much as I dont like Madonna I will say thay in 2012 when she was 54 YRS OLD. She had pulled MUCH MORE PHYSICALLY CHOREOGRAPHED DEMANDING TOUR THAN THIS.The MDNA Tour for 83 states across the globe.In the first act of the show she did a heavy choreographed floor breakdown,(Girl Gone Wild)a head flip and a leg twist in(Revolver) and she recreated a somewhat dangerous highly choreographed fight scene (Gangbang). AND THOSE WERE JUST THE FIRST THREE SONGS

I'm gonna be fair and give credit where credit is due.

53 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

YALL as much as I dont like Madonna I will say thay in 2012 when she was 54 YRS OLD. She had pulled MUCH MORE PHYSICALLY CHOREOGRAPHED DEMANDING TOUR THAN THIS.The MDNA Tour for 83 states across the globe.In the first act of the show she did a heavy choreographed floor breakdown,(Girl Gone Wild)a head flip and a leg twist in(Revolver) and she recreated a somewhat dangerous highly choreographed fight scene (Gangbang). AND THOSE WERE JUST THE FIRST THREE SONGS

You gonna be fair? Soo uhhh where the dancing? I see the dancers doing choreography but Madonna is just putting on some stage play with a shitty score :umm: 

Also it was hot af in europe.. as Janet performed outside

So I’m confused as to why mention grandMa Donna at all

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Sooooo uhhh where the dancing. I see the dancers doing choreography but Madonna is just putting on some stage play with a shitty score :umm: 

at 7:53-8:36= Girl Gone Wild

at 11:32-12:02=Revolver

at 16:24-16:56=Gangbang (the best part but to see other choreo you should watch the whole thing)

1 hour ago, jinthahouse said:

I had to stop watching after girls gone wild. That woman's production is insane and she's smart as fuck. She knows how to get those tickets sold. Now that Janet doesn't dance as much she needs to get her production up.

Honestly fuck Madonna. 

While Janet could use heavy production value Madonna is not her competition. Fuck her. Janet isn’t competing at this point even our personal critiques are of her ability to just make her art better. For herself. Not for the comparison of those around her. 

Janet has amazing potential and performance ability SOTW proved that. She looked good in the costumes and you can always tell when she feels she put on weight she goes from the TAT blazer and thigh high boots & the opening catsuit to baggy pants and floor length tops. 

Its her own personal perspective of how her body looks & no one can convince her how good it does look. She has to feel it. When she drops significant weight she lets it be known. 

• Upvote 4

what I cannot get with is after being in the business over 30 years and giving us huge mega tours we wont let the woman have hers the way she wants now. We act as if she still has something to prove and she doesnt. Janet Jackson doesn't owe you a damn thing, and that's where her fans lack comprehension :umm:

Its like you guys forgot how we couldnt even get a picture of her after 2012 for years :sigh:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jinthahouse said:

at 7:53-8:36= Girl Gone Wild

at 11:32-12:02=Revolver

at 16:24-16:56=Gangbang (the best part but to see other choreo you should watch the whole thing)

Im not even talking about the production did yall even watch the choreo its really borderline(no pun intended) risky and dangerous.

IMO this kind of performance ability overtakes SOTW but not by much

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

Im not even talking about the production did yall even watch the choreo its really borderline(no pun intended) risky and dangerous.

Borderline risky to play with toy guns and “perform”? 

Performance art is cute bc she doesn’t have any other talents but Janet is a dancer... Grandma Donna is a failed actress with a mic and no body double. It’s choreographed but again, not the same 

9 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

I’m sorry.. but that is... cute stunts and all but it’s not the same as what Janet Jackson does

Im sorry but i understand that it is performance art but are we going to sit here and tell ourselves that madonna didnt dance through these three songs ? Especially girls gone wild dance breakdown that was kinda intense and similar to the additionnal breakdown on if that janet when she 27 on janet.tour

6 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

Im sorry but i understand that it is performance art but are we going to sit here and tell ourselves that madonna didnt dance through these three songs ? Especially girls gone wild dance breakdown that was kinda intense and similar to the additionnal breakdown on if that janet when she 27 on janet.tour

I see you’re up Grandma Donna’s 80 year old granny panties. You can have it 

At the end of the day: What Madonna does vs what Janet Jackson does are two different things. Ones not better than the other and they cannot be compared 

Comparing that to janet. Tour is laughable 

I’m not sure how reliable this is but Janet ditched Together Again due to technical issues 

https://tucson.com/entertainment/music/janet-jackson-ditched-together-again-after-glasto-technical-issues/article_9527558a-9b1a-5330-bcb4-c3e6093d0592.html

“It's a shame because we had technical issues at the start so I couldn't play my last song, 'Together Again'!"

However, Janet said it didn't put a dampener on her first Glasto experience, and she admitted she was overwhelmed by how big the world famous festival is.

She said: "It's so big, I heard stories about it every year but had no idea and then we saw all the tents."

Ok, can I just say that why is Janet ALWAYS being compared to her contemporaries just cause they are around her age??!?  Madonna has always been stunts and theatrics. What she lacks in natural dance ability and execution, she made up for with her athleticism. Janet is NOT that kind of performer. Her choreography is far more intricate and takes up A LOT more energy than Madonna busting a move and launching herself into a crowd of dancers. Sure, Paula is pushing 60 and can put on one hell of a show still but she ISNT Janet. Their bodies are different and they perform differently because they each have their limits. Uhhh did ya’ll forget Janet’s VERY athletic “I Get Lonely” performance during her Vegas show??? She is STILL performing beyond the limits of what a the average woman her age can do...for u! Stop being ungrateful! She still puts on a show greater that MOST female artists these days! What excuses do you have for them?? 😳😱🤔

Be Gone you spoiled thots!!! 😡😫🤪

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

what I cannot get with is after being in the business over 30 years and giving us huge mega tours we wont let the woman have hers the way she wants now. We act as if she still has something to prove and she doesnt. Janet Jackson doesn't owe you a damn thing, and that's where her fans lack comprehension :umm:

Its like you guys forgot how we couldnt even get a picture of her after 2012 for years :sigh:

Honestly,

I think this is not at all what fans are saying. Janet can create any tour she wants. I think we all can VISIBLY see a difference between creative delivery of just a year a part. 

No one is expecting Janet to be 1994 Janet it’s unrealistic, but I KNOW Janet is capable of 2018 delivery & concept. She had a beautifully threaded and themed show & delivered. Also I actually commend and loved she sang live the bulk of this performance. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

I rewatched it and I need to know where the risky and dangerous part of the choreography starts. :umm: 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoeJoe said:

I rewatched it and I need to know where the risky and dangerous part of the choreography starts. :umm: 

Alright ill let yall have but as i stated earlier im not up madonnas ass but i will give credit to her doing some of the most athletic things at the same age as janet is now. Janet is yes dancing but i will give credit to Madonna who i am not a big fan of doing a song like gangbang revolver or girl gone wild choreo. Especially the head flip in Revolver and floor choreo in GGW

On 6/30/2019 at 3:08 AM, Dominique Laveau said:

I just seen a clip of Trust A Try and she was OWNing it imo. The sound was a fool but I'm suspecting some fans are in they feelings because Janets outfit was a choice (I love it) and her hair was interesting and her makeup was barely there (y'all would have clocked Preston if he did to much)....other than those few missteps, it was okay. 

I think people didn’t get the outfit because it was 34°C in the UK on Saturday, but also probably didn’t realise Vegas is quite a bit hotter so she’s used to that. Personally I was a little disappointed by the show, I’m not gonna lie, but it did pick up in the second half, Black Cat and Rhythm Nation were brilliant. The camera work was shoddy, camera kept panning round the field during the dance breakdowns! Sorry but you don’t do that shit!  Nevertheless I was so proud of her for even playing Glastonbury. Her little cheeky visit to Stonehenge was so cute as well. <span style=😍">