Glastonbury Live streaming?

Dal

27 minutes ago, Selz said:

I think people didn’t get the outfit because it was 34°C in the UK on Saturday, but also probably didn’t realise Vegas is quite a bit hotter so she’s used to that. Personally I was a little disappointed by the show, I’m not gonna lie, but it did pick up in the second half, Black Cat and Rhythm Nation were brilliant. The camera work was shoddy, camera kept panning round the field during the dance breakdowns! Sorry but you don’t do that shit!  Nevertheless I was so proud of her for even playing Glastonbury. Her little cheeky visit to Stonehenge was so cute as well. <span style=😍">

She’s inside in Vegas under an air conditioned building 

53 minutes ago, Selz said:

I think people didn’t get the outfit because it was 34°C in the UK on Saturday, but also probably didn’t realise Vegas is quite a bit hotter so she’s used to that. Personally I was a little disappointed by the show, I’m not gonna lie, but it did pick up in the second half, Black Cat and Rhythm Nation were brilliant. The camera work was shoddy, camera kept panning round the field during the dance breakdowns! Sorry but you don’t do that shit!  Nevertheless I was so proud of her for even playing Glastonbury. Her little cheeky visit to Stonehenge was so cute as well. <span style=😍">

Right!  Panning the audience during Throb breakdown? I was big mad lol

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

YALL as much as I dont like Madonna I will say thay in 2012 when she was 54 YRS OLD. She had pulled MUCH MORE PHYSICALLY CHOREOGRAPHED DEMANDING TOUR THAN THIS.The MDNA Tour for 83 states across the globe.In the first act of the show she did a heavy choreographed floor breakdown,(Girl Gone Wild)a head flip and a leg twist in(Revolver) and she recreated a somewhat dangerous highly choreographed fight scene (Gangbang). AND THOSE WERE JUST THE FIRST THREE SONGS

I'm gonna be fair and give credit where credit is due.

That madonna clip is laughable in comparison to Janet's raw stage presence. Janet can pull off a great performance with little stage production. The same cant be said for Madonna

People are thinking that Janet lost her dancing skills in 3 months between SOTW and metamorphosis but that isnt the case. She is an artist who truly believes in compromise and knowing her worth in the business

Janet has 3 costumes changes for SOTW2 and a sinple set so no running or that extra cardio stuff

On metamorphosis she has 6 costume changes and many changing sets to run up and down to. In this show she must compromise some choreo becuase she knows it is maybe too much

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

That madonna clip is laughable in comparison to Janet's raw stage presence. Janet can pull off a great performance with little stage production. The same cant be said for Madonna

that's the problem, Janet didn't.

• Downvote 1

On 6/29/2019 at 10:08 PM, Dominique Laveau said:

I just seen a clip of Trust A Try and she was OWNing it imo. The sound was a fool but I'm suspecting some fans are in they feelings because Janets outfit was a choice (I love it) and her hair was interesting and her makeup was barely there (y'all would have clocked Preston if he did to much)....other than those few missteps, it was okay. 

actually I loved the outfit for once,  edgy love the vinyl accents looks kinda spacey like Scream

• Upvote 2

+ Great make-up! Awhile ago I wrote how much better she looks without lots of make-up and here she was looking naturally GORGEOUS!! Is her team reading this forum?! lol

+ We should give her a break! Festivals are always messy; there's mud, sometimes rain, technical difficulties and delays. At least she showed up and did the show! I actually liked the show from what I saw. When she got into Control I had to laugh. I mean, come on guys, here she is delivering 20-30 year old songs to a crowd who wasn't even born when they were released. The audience seemed to be into her at least to some extent.

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2019 at 2:40 AM, JoeJoe said:

Epic entrance where? :umm:  Also yeah this is my first time seeing Janet being lazy. She's never really had to do a set in the middle of a festival before so maybe she was over it. She's used to either opening stuff or shutting shit down.

I had not thought about that, but for most of Janet's career she plays the opener or closer at shows, concerts, and award performances, this was by design not coincidence. At a festival of that size you want them at the beginning fresh start first night get people really excited to have fun. By some point festival goers have seen so many acts

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I had not thought about that, but for most of Janet's career she plays the opener or closer at shows, concerts, and award performances, this was by design not coincidence. At a festival of that size you want them at the beginning fresh start first night get people really excited to have fun. By some point festival goers have seen so many acts

At Panorama, the ground was muddy and the main stage was empty until Janet came out, the non Janet fans were standing around like WTF is happening. After a 90 degree day in the mud, Janet miraculously gave the crowd a burst of energy 

34 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

At Panorama, the ground was muddy and the main stage was empty until Janet came out, the non Janet fans were standing around like WTF is happening. After a 90 degree day in the mud, Janet miraculously gave the crowd a burst of energy 

Festivals must be different than, because its true Janet usually opens or closes. But Im glad to hear on the ground from a source how she's received at these events, I dont think Ive ever attended a festival :unsure:

On 7/2/2019 at 11:51 PM, EphraimAdamz said:

She should of closed the festival as a headliner anyways. Her whole outfit, stage, and lights were made for night. Unbreakable, SOTW, Global Citezen, and Panorama all look good because they are indoor with lights off or at night.

She probably needed time to travel and rehearse for Switzerland the next day. It was a longer show and a smaller stage.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:51 PM, EphraimAdamz said:

She should of closed the festival as a headliner anyways. Her whole outfit, stage, and lights were made for night. Unbreakable, SOTW, Global Citezen, and Panorama all look good because they are indoor with lights off or at night.

Even Kylie performed during the daylight, it’s summer

On 7/2/2019 at 3:33 PM, Bailey said:

Festivals must be different than, because its true Janet usually opens or closes. But Im glad to hear on the ground from a source how she's received at these events, I dont think Ive ever attended a festival :unsure:

Umm even at Global Citizen, people thought they heard gunshots, and they were all spooked, they stampeded away. But came back just so Janet could close out the night. 

Janet does open or close, but Kylie has the legend’s slot that night 

• 2 weeks later...

So I went on a date today with someone that attended and he said he saw my Instagram post of my Janet vinyl and started showing me his Glastonbury videos. He was in the second row. After what he said, I think i’ll Ease up on her

1) sound was definitely the main issue. Not her fault. No artist sound checks at Glastonbury and they literally have engineers fiddling and tweaking as the artist is performing  but they struggled to get it right 

2) she was late on stage because they couldn’t get her soundboard fixed at the beginning but she apparently got tired of waiting and just went on

3) due to the bad sound the audience wasn’t really feeling it. They could not hear her because Peter gave too much bass and was drowning her out. 

4) due to 3 it seemed like she was miming everything but she was actually live for a lot for it, go figure

5) despite the crowds lack of enthusiasm during, when her van drove off they all shouted “we love you Janet” etc (this was as she left the main stage and drove off to Stonehenge)

6) with all of the above people actually felt sorry for her and were praising her. They clearly knew it wasn't her fault. It was the same with Lauryn Hill (who swore at the sound guys whilst performing) Sigrid, and Years & Years. 

The set list still largely sucked though. 

• Like 2