Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jinthahouse

Metamorphosis is turning into a World Tour

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

We never said she needed 4 costume changes for a 50 minute set. The outfits they wore were boring and dusty period so let's not lie and say they weren't. The Unbreakable tour was amazing and even tho Janet did just 2 costume changes she made up for it with how she fucked the stage up just like she does usually. She had much better production, danced more, and at least her costumes weren't that bad. Glastobury was a different story. Let's take away the bad mic feed, she had shitty attire, and she didn't dance as much. As much as we love Janet and hate to hear people bad mouthing her we gotta be honest with ourselves sometimes and realize we can't always have an excuse. Sometimes it's just what it is. Everybody who's a true Janet fan knows shes better than what she did at Glastonbury no matter how much time they did or didn't give her.:umm:

actually all of what you said is true and yes other fan bases do critique their faves. We don't critique everything Janet does. Nobody critiqued Global Citizens,MTV EMAs,  or Vegas. Y'all be saying that stuff just cause and we're so opinionated cause Janet has spoiled us. She's given us perfection when it comes to performing. Nobody could fuck with her in her prime and just last year when she finished SOTW tour so when she isn't giving us what we're used to then yeah we're gonna critique. It's not like it doesn't make sense. In our eyes she's the baddest female to ever entertain and we're gonna wanna see it that way until she's no longer with us.

Its just an opinion. I actually liked her outfit she wore at Glastonbury & Montreux. And Janet was dancing. I saw her in Montreux and she DANCED. I saw the Glastonbury show later and yes, she danced less, but is that an issue? Does that make the show less good?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lambs can seem to forgive Mariah for her voice cracking, why is it so hard with Janet? Either way it's only one performance.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jakob said:

It were just some pressed people on Twitter hating on her performance! Pretty much the same people who were hating some months ago when Jan was announced as one of the headliners.

The Guardian gave her like 4 out of 5 stars (how about that?) AND the attending audience liked it. 

SOME of the attending audience liked it. There were plenty of pans where audience members were like wtf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Illi said:

The Lambs can seem to forgive Mariah for her voice cracking, why is it so hard with Janet? Either way it's only one performance.

Again, it wasn't Janets fault. She was singing just like normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bu. said:

SOME of the attending audience liked it. There were plenty of pans where audience members were like wtf. 

How do you know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bu. said:

“Great” is doing too much. I’m focusing on the stuff relevant to me in my country 

You didn’t even buy a ticket 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jakob said:

How do you know? 

Because I was watching live and know people that went who confirmed. 

12 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

You didn’t even buy a ticket 

I didn’t because Glastonbury tickets usually sell out months before acts are announced and when she was announced I couldn’t. Don’t try and belittle my opinion as if I’m not allowed one just because it’s not aligned with yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bu. said:

Because I was watching live and know people that went who confirmed. 

I didn’t because Glastonbury tickets usually sell out months before acts are announced and when she was announced I couldn’t. Don’t try and belittle my opinion as if I’m not allowed one just because it’s not aligned with yours. 

Cause you spoke with all the 20,000 people? I watched it too and I saw people dancing and enjoying themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Again, it wasn't Janets fault. She was singing just like normal.

That wasn't the point I was making. Some fans act like Janet should help them pay their student loans or mortgage because they were underwhelmed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jakob said:

Cause you spoke with all the 20,000 people? I watched it too and I saw people dancing and enjoying themselves. 

You must have been blinking a lot then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bu. said:

Because I was watching live and know people that went who confirmed. 

 

the whole set is on youtube and there's pics of the crowd. I don't see how people are still in denial about this :lol: It's also crazy cause right after Glastonbury Janet did a way better show for the Jazz Festival. I was like wtf lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bu. said:

You must have been blinking a lot then 

European folks can be "stiff", especially a UK audience at 5 P.M... Just because they weren't all singing along or dancing doesn't mean they didn't like it.

Normally when I'm at a concert I can be quite stiff too. 💁🏻‍♂️ Not at a Janet concert though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

the whole set is on youtube and there's pics of the crowd. I don't see how people are still in denial about this :lol: It's also crazy cause right after Glastonbury Janet did a way better show for the Jazz Festival. I was like wtf lol

No. You're trying to tell people how to feel. Some fans honestly didn't have a big problem with the performance.

You constantly bitch about not being able to express certain opinions but when you do, it's constantly incendiary, overly emotional, and often quick to undermine anything positive. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo... apparently this lightning-designer was mis-quoted. Still, I am pretty sure we'll get a (Metamorphosis?) World Tour in 2020 when JJ12 is out. 💁🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Soooo... apparently this lightning-designer was mis-quoted. Still, I am pretty sure we'll get a (Metamorphosis?) World Tour in 2020 when JJ12 is out. 💁🏻‍♂️

I'd rather Janet wait for the show to get some more traction. I think if the show can be a high attraction from abroad, a world tour is imminent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Illi said:

I'd rather Janet wait for the show to get some more traction. I think if the show can be a high attraction from abroad, a world tour is imminent.

Yeah but i don't see the residency being extended. There's already a high demand for Janet to tour abroad, and that demand will only get bigger once there's a new single and album release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ya'll cutting small ass potatoes and shit, to prove the "other" "wrong" fuck dat :umm:, she did Europe even after all she's damaged there, and whether the reception at a huge festival was loved by most or all that went is really unfair to Janet. Im of the school of thought, she can say she performed in Europe in front of the largest crowd ever in her career.

It's about love and appreciating we still have Janet out there, looking good, being a boss, and doing her damn thang. We still got Janet, and along the way we have lost some greats sadly before their time, I wanna walk in the spirit of gratitude.

So I'm listening to the show off YT right and writing this message, if you just play the music, the band is lit, loving DJ Aktive and his role. :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's like Janet can't win if she tried, if you ask why did she open with TAT and If she loses because TAT is a fan fav, but say she had not and was received badly on open then the argument would be "well Glastonbury that's a rock crowd kinda festival" so Janet opened with two well received rock tracks of hers, nope not good enough huh? :sigh:

Janet does a 50 minute set that has great live musicians and the entire set is kept fast pace and hard hitting, yet not too many compliments for the effort from Janet, Janet's team of musicians and their great work, no mentions of how great DJ Aktive is, no mention of how hard Janet and her dancers worked to deliver a knockout keep you on your feet set. I didn't hear any slow tempo songs from Janet, TTWLG is med-tempo and that was as slow as it got. Had Janet done slow tracks there would be bitching over why she do those you gotta keep it moving to rock a festival crowd.

Be thankful is all the hell I'm saying finding the good in shit :filenails:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

We never said she needed 4 costume changes for a 50 minute set. The outfits they wore were boring and dusty period so let's not lie and say they weren't. The Unbreakable tour was amazing and even tho Janet did just 2 costume changes she made up for it with how she fucked the stage up just like she does usually. She had much better production, danced more, and at least her costumes weren't that bad. Glastobury was a different story. Let's take away the bad mic feed, she had shitty attire, and she didn't dance as much. As much as we love Janet and hate to hear people bad mouthing her we gotta be honest with ourselves sometimes and realize we can't always have an excuse. Sometimes it's just what it is. Everybody who's a true Janet fan knows shes better than what she did at Glastonbury no matter how much time they did or didn't give her.:umm:

actually all of what you said is true and yes other fan bases do critique their faves. We don't critique everything Janet does. Nobody critiqued Global Citizens,MTV EMAs,  or Vegas. Y'all be saying that stuff just cause and we're so opinionated cause Janet has spoiled us. She's given us perfection when it comes to performing. Nobody could fuck with her in her prime and just last year when she finished SOTW tour so when she isn't giving us what we're used to then yeah we're gonna critique. It's not like it doesn't make sense. In our eyes she's the baddest female to ever entertain and we're gonna wanna see it that way until she's no longer with us.

I wasnt pointing fingers at anybody I actually included myself hence saying "WE" ...and it does seem like we critique every single thing about Janet. We seem to be more extreme than other fanbases from what i see. Its juss an observation which is MY OWN and you have yours. We def have been far more opinionated since Unbreakable era ...it is what it is. I know other fanbases critique their favs but with us...it could be silly shit like "why is the mic on her headset so big" ...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jakob said:

Soooo... apparently this lightning-designer was mis-quoted. Still, I am pretty sure we'll get a (Metamorphosis?) World Tour in 2020 when JJ12 is out. 💁🏻‍♂️

Knew it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bu. said:

 

I didn’t because Glastonbury tickets usually sell out months before acts are announced and when she was announced I couldn’t. Don’t try and belittle my opinion as if I’m not allowed one just because it’s not aligned with yours. 

You should watch “the call to courage” on Netflix.

 

you can’t critic someone if you arent in the arena with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Illi said:

No. You're trying to tell people how to feel. Some fans honestly didn't have a big problem with the performance.

You constantly bitch about not being able to express certain opinions but when you do, it's constantly incendiary, overly emotional, and often quick to undermine anything positive. 

first off when have I ever told anybody how to feel? I personally could g.a.f. about how y'all feel but what y'all won't do is tell me how to feel about a performance I saw with my own eyes. Secondly when tf have I ever bitched about not being able to express how I feel when i've always expressed how I feel with no fucks given, just like i've done in this thread, and how i've done since i've been apart of any Janet message board? I'ma need you to take that lie and shove it back up your ass cause I assume that's where you got it from. I gave in that same exact sentiment how Janet did great in vegas, the SOTW tour, and the jazz festival but you didn't wanna hear that. You picked what you wanted to listen to so idgaf. My conversation with you is done boo :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

You should watch “the call to courage” on Netflix.

 

you can’t critic someone if you arent in the arena with them. 

That means you can’t praise them either. Y’all kill me with your hypocrisy just to silence people that oppose your view. 

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

first off when have I ever told anybody how to feel? I personally could g.a.f. about how y'all feel but what y'all won't do is tell me how to feel about a performance I saw with my own eyes. Secondly when tf have I ever bitched about not being able to express how I feel when i've always expressed how I feel with no fucks given, just like i've done in this thread, and how i've done since i've been apart of any Janet message board? I'ma need you to take that lie and shove it back up your ass cause I assume that's where you got it from. I gave in that same exact sentiment how Janet did great in vegas, the SOTW tour, and the jazz festival but you didn't wanna hear that. You picked what you wanted to listen to so idgaf. My conversation with you is done boo :) 

You stated some of us were in denial but but be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...