Janet Jackson Performing at Jeddah World Fest

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1527136/lifestyle

JEDDAH: More high profile stars are set to perform in Saudi Arabia as part of the Jeddah World Fest, with superstar singer Janet Jackson along with American rappers 50 Cent and Future heading to the Kingdom.

“We can't wait to see this incredible icon in Jeddah,” the Jeddah Season Twitter account said of Jackson, one of the most successful female solo acts of all time.

All three stars will be performing in Saudi Arabia for the first time.

The concert on Thursday will also include performances from musician Steve Aoki, and singer Liam Payne.

The music festival is part of the Jeddah Season of activities which falls under the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage’s (SCTH) ambitious program of seasonal entertainment for the Kingdom.

Tickets are available at: www.jeddahworldfest.com

I don't remember any backlash after her Dubai World Cup performance in 2016. Except the European fans who were upset that that leg got postponed, yet she still performed in Dubai. 

And let's be honest, the United Arab Emirates are just as bad to women and gays as Saudi Arabia.

• Upvote 1

Get dem coins booooo

24 minutes ago, Jakob said:

I don't remember any backlash after her Dubai World Cup performance in 2016. Except the European fans who were upset that that leg got postponed, yet she still performed in Dubai. 

And let's be honest, the United Arab Emirates are just as bad to women and gays as Saudi Arabia.

There wasn’t any. 

The entire region is terrible 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

just stop it. This ain't about Dubai. This is about Jeddah and Janet's team is just ignorant for doing this. Even Nicki Minaj pulled out of performing there. Janet is being dragged right now by her fans and the Only way she can justify this is during her performance she speaks out against how they treat women and gays period

10 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

just stop it. This ain't about Dubai. This is about Jeddah and Janet's team is just ignorant for doing this. Even Nicki Minaj pulled out of performing there. Janet is being dragged right now by her fans and the Only way she can justify this is during her performance she speaks out against how they treat women and gays period

This ain’t about Dubai? Y’all were quiet for that.. get bent. Janet’s already there and will be performing 

No one cares about Nicki Minaj. She flopping left and right world wide. 

• Like 1

Saudi Arabian leaders knew about and directed the slaughter and dismemberment of Washington Post reporter (and US resident) Jamal Khashoggi just within the last few months and Trump sided with SA so that their arms deal worth billion$ could continue to move forward...

yet she displays images during her SOTW concerts that depict racial and social injustices..

I love janet but she absolutely deserves to get draaaaaaggggggggggged for this and I lowkey look forward to her statement on why she chose to accept their invitation and payment

37 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

No i won't stop it. No one complained about her Dubai performance, and their laws are just as bad as the laws in SA.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

If she did that I don’t think her nor her crew would be let out of the country...there’d be repercussions

26 minutes ago, Dal said:

Saudi Arabian leaders knew about and directed the slaughter and dismemberment of Washington Post reporter (and US resident) Jamal Khashoggi just within the last few months and Trump sided with SA so that their arms deal worth billion$ could continue to move forward...

yet she displays images during her SOTW concerts that depict racial and social injustices..

I love janet but she absolutely deserves to get draaaaaaggggggggggged for this and I lowkey look forward to her statement on why she chose to accept their invitation and payment

That’s not her problem and she already was married to a billionaire who does business in Saudi 

Janet’s laughing all the way to the bank bishes. King Eissa has needs

Just now, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

That’s not her problem and she already was married to a billionaire who does business in Saudi 

Janet’s laughing all the way to the bank bishes. King Eissa has needs

So since she was married to a wife abuser should she do a free show for prisoners convicted of spousal abuse?

But I guess with the logic you’re using—if then check is big enough, fuck it! 🤦🏻‍♂️