Janet Jackson Performing at Jeddah World Fest

1 minute ago, JoeJoe said:

damn! You think they'd actually hold Janet and her team captive?

The trump administration would have to get involved and the only way they’d be let out is if they promised to give Trump a public-on-camera “thank you”

this shit is weiiiird y’all cmon 

Just now, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

She ain’t doing no free show.. tf? 

Yup! And it’s big enough

I’m not above calling out those who display hypocritical behavior......you seem to be fine with it tho (shocker!)

1 minute ago, Dal said:

The trump administration would have to get involved and the only way they’d be let out is if they promised to give Trump a public-on-camera “thank you”

this shit is weiiiird y’all cmon 

I just didn't know they could keep people captive who aren't even from their country just for speaking out.

As weird as her doing Dubai, right?! No. Ok. Moving on

When did Dubai slaughter and dismember a US journalist solely because they didn’t want that journalist to continue to alarm the rest of the world about their Human Rights violations and proceed to conspire with the Trump administration to lie to the world about it...?

Just now, JoeJoe said:

I just didn't know they could keep people captive who aren't even from their country just for speaking out.

Different country, different laws..

you never heard of North Korea?

5 minutes ago, Dal said:

I’m not above calling out those who display hypocritical behavior......you seem to be fine with it tho (shocker!)

I love the fact that y’all bitching over this but silence when she performed in Dubai... silence

3 minutes ago, Dal said:

When did Dubai slaughter and dismember a US journalist solely because they didn’t want that journalist to continue to alarm the rest of the world about their Human Rights violations and proceed to conspire with the Trump administration to lie to the world about it...?

🤷🏾‍♂️ What that gotta do with Janet Jackson? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

🤷🏾‍♂️ What that gotta do with Janet Jackson? 

By that logic then...wtf was her opening montage/statement for the SOTW all about since it had nothing to do with Janet Jackson..?

stay woke or stay sleep... u decide

5 minutes ago, Dal said:

Different country, different laws..

you never heard of North Korea?

oh shit you know what I never even thought about how our country does the same shit but we're usually in a rush to get rid of them and send them back to where they came from lol. Janet can't seriously be so naive to do something like this without planning on speaking out. I think that's what she's gonna do.

Pretty sure her National US tour intro was about the United States

Was she murdered unlawfully by police? No

so what did it have to do with janet Jackson 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Dal said:

Not to mention:

guess where the 19 terrorists on September 11th came from.........?

any guesses............. 👀 

:o Damn Dal! Over a decade ago I made it a priority to not get too involved with politics or talk about religion cause it's usually bad. I definitely didn't know that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

Only way she can justify this is during her performance she speaks out against how they treat women and gays period

Hasn't she always? Ya'll acting like Janet hasn't been preaching equality since RN 🙄 Get a grip. If anything she's the PERFECT artist to go there and break boundaries. I'm all for her bringing a State of the World style performance there.

17 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Maybe listen to her multi-platinum album Rhythm Nation 1814 to find your answer

Holy damn Norman pickup on subtext my dude lol.. I’m actually agreeing with you.. obviously the SOTW intro montage had everything to do with Janet Jackson because of her history of philanthropy and humanitarianism, not to mention her RN1814 album and the themes she conveyed throughout that project.......

which is why....

she shouldn’t be doing performances in Saudi Arabia!

How don’t you understand that? When in reality I know that you DO understand that but you’ve already said why you’re ok with it—$$$. Sure, let fucking 50 Cent go and perform In Da Club and BTS can go and do whatever it is they do, but Janet “Rhythm Nation” Jackson?! That goes against her brand.....at BEST this is a stumble for her. It’s ok Norman to admit that. 🙄 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dal said:

Holy damn Norman pickup on subtext my dude lol.. I’m actually agreeing with you.. obviously the SOTW intro montage had everything to do with Janet Jackson because of her history of philanthropy and humanitarianism, not to mention her RN1814 album and the themes she conveyed throughout that project.......

which is why....

How don’t you understand that? When in reality I know that you DO understand that but you’ve already said why you’re ok with it—$$$. Sure, let fucking 50 Cent go and perform In Da Club and BTS can go and do whatever it is they do, but Janet “Rhythm Nation” Jackson?! That goes against her brand.....at BEST this is a stumble for her. It’s ok Norman to admit that. 🙄 

Naw I see this as a chance for her to go educate. A real humanitarian would go and try to make change. I'm sure she feels her music can make a difference there. Ya'll got it backwards. If it was Michael Jackson people would be praising him.

8 minutes ago, Dal said:

which is why....

I’m not Joe... I get your frustrations and I understand them. I follow politics closely 

Everything in bold is accurate. Also.. Dubai happened and none of ya said a damn thing 

3 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Naw I see this as a chance for her to go educate. A real humanitarian would go and try to make change. I'm sure she feels her music can make a difference there. Ya'll got it backwards. If it was Michael Jackson people would be praising him.

Michael is dead bro but you right. If it were a man, no one would give a fuck

21 minutes ago, Dal said:

which is why....

Who are you to tell her what she SHOULD be doing?