Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Janet Jackson Performing at Jeddah World Fest

Recommended Posts

I love how some of y'all playing dumb. Yeah Janet said shit in her songs but what does that have to do with performing in a place that goes against what she stands for? Like I said the only way to make this look good is for her to speak out on stage just like she's done here in America. I don't mean with messages on the screen during her show. I'm talking about her voice just like she did at the Panorama festival and the Billboard Awards. Game keep my name out your mouth boo. I have no idea why you still have me on your mind when I don't mention you or direct anything at you EVER. Find somebody else to play with. :umm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

I love how some of y'all playing dumb. Yeah Janet said shit in her songs but what does that have to do with performing in a place that goes against what she stands for? Like I said the only way to make this look good is for her to speak out on stage just like she's done here in America. I don't mean with messages on the screen during her show. I'm talking about her voice just like she did at the Panorama festival and the Billboard Awards. Game keep my name out your mouth boo. I have no idea why you still have me on your mind when I don't mention you or direct anything at you EVER. Find somebody else to play with. :umm: 

Nothing is impossible but that is HIGHLY unlikely because in some of those types of countries there’s laws against speaking out. It could result in the arrest & even violence against her team if they all were collectively arrested. 

While many may disagree there’s something Americans have to understand - when you enter a country you are a guest there, it is not your right to impose yourself or your practices on them. If you disagree strongly with their practices you have the right to not go, but when you enter their customs you abide by their rules. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I love how some of y'all playing dumb. Yeah Janet said shit in her songs but what does that have to do with performing in a place that goes against what she stands for? Like I said the only way to make this look good is for her to speak out on stage just like she's done here in America. I don't mean with messages on the screen during her show. I'm talking about her voice just like she did at the Panorama festival and the Billboard Awards. Game keep my name out your mouth boo. I have no idea why you still have me on your mind when I don't mention you or direct anything at you EVER. Find somebody else to play with. :umm: 

I don't think this post was aimed at me but for me personally, my point is that every country in the world goes against what she stands for. Right now America, especially, is anti-woman, anti-black, anti-immigrant and you get the point lol. Yet she continues to tour there ignoring a whole other continent (that is just as bad when it comes to anti-immigration). Her most "neutral" place so far has probably been that cruise ship :lmao:

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

something Americans have to understand - 

Annnnnnnnnd...  you lost him

6 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I love how some of y'all playing dumb. Yeah Janet said shit in her songs but what does that have to do with performing in a place that goes against what she stands for? Like I said the only way to make this look good is for her to speak out on stage just like she's done here in America. I don't mean with messages on the screen during her show. I'm talking about her voice just like she did at the Panorama festival and the Billboard Awards. Game keep my name out your mouth boo. I have no idea why you still have me on your mind when I don't mention you or direct anything at you EVER. Find somebody else to play with. :umm: 

Jo, gurl... you ain’t on my mind until you post... which is fair Game (ha) and fair use x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dal said:

It would be a different context, different story if she had previously gone to SA on a Humanitarian trip first to establish a sense of credibility to whatever “education” she would be able to provide to the people and leaders of a Human Rights violator country. But no, instead she last minute decides to take a check and a private luxury jet to go and entertain alongside 50 Cent and DJ Aiko 

and when MJ went to South Africa he met with Nelson Mandela first

Didn’t MJ take a 16 million dollar check from the sultan of Brunei when he performed there in the 90s? Brunei had and still has some of the same laws that folks are criticizing Saudi for. So he’s not above taking a check from corrupt people. Not mention he spent a lot of time in the Gulf after 05.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ontologicalummah said:

Didn’t MJ take a 16 million dollar check from the sultan of Brunei when he performed there in the 90s? Brunei had and still has some of the same laws that folks are criticizing Saudi for. So he’s not above taking a check from corrupt people. Not mention he spent a lot of time in the Gulf after 05.

Then he was wrong too! 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Also—the Human Rights Foundation has issued an open letter to Janet Jackson calling on her to cancel her performance. It also clarified that yes indeed MBS (the crown prince) is the one financing this entire festival—the same guy who ordered the slaughter and dismemberment of a Washington Post journalist and then conspired with the Trump administration to cover it up.

this is not a good look folks!

https://hrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Letter-to-Janet-Jackson-from-HRF.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this arguing, while she's probably there in rehearsals right now. :lol:

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Nothing is impossible but that is HIGHLY unlikely because in some of those types of countries there’s laws against speaking out. It could result in the arrest & even violence against her team if they all were collectively arrested. 

While many may disagree there’s something Americans have to understand - when you enter a country you are a guest there, it is not your right to impose yourself or your practices on them. If you disagree strongly with their practices you have the right to not go, but when you enter their customs you abide by their rules. 

That's why some are upset that she's going there.

7 hours ago, bu. said:

I don't think this post was aimed at me but for me personally, my point is that every country in the world goes against what she stands for. Right now America, especially, is anti-woman, anti-black, anti-immigrant and you get the point lol. Yet she continues to tour there ignoring a whole other continent (that is just as bad when it comes to anti-immigration). Her most "neutral" place so far has probably been that cruise ship :lmao:

MY post was agreeing with you 100% :lmao:  and that's the president and his racist white followers that are anti-all that other shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

All this arguing, while she's probably there in rehearsals right now. :lol:

 

Idk why this just cracked me the fuck up! 😂🤣😂

 

Again this was just an unnecessary drama filled move for Janet and she didn’t need to do the performance. BUT I have to give it to MANY of the people who argue that the USA is literally guilty of these same crimes & no one protests as strongly. Literally just 2 days ago Eric Garner’s murder was ruled innocent of any charges against him. 

We have concentration camps for people who are fleeing for a better life. We have the poisoning of many people of color and low income individuals in Flint Michigan with their 4 year water crisis, and their elected official was fully in the know and OKAY with it. 

We have families being broken up and children separated from their parents we have soooo many egregious acts happening  in this very country & she has a whole residency here. So it’s a bit hypocritical. The media/America has a great way of throwing the rock & shifting focus on who the villains of the world are when they’re truly a devil.

 

Thats the truth. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Nothing is impossible but that is HIGHLY unlikely because in some of those types of countries there’s laws against speaking out. It could result in the arrest & even violence against her team if they all were collectively arrested. 

While many may disagree there’s something Americans have to understand - when you enter a country you are a guest there, it is not your right to impose yourself or your practices on them. If you disagree strongly with their practices you have the right to not go, but when you enter their customs you abide by their rules. 

I think as Americans we have a warped view of the world. We have freedom of speech. Most other countries do not. Janet speaking out over there is dangerous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Human Rights Foundation should send letters to all artists performing in the USA too then 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by those outfits, she pocketed the wardrobe budget. :umm:

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Honestly this performance reads as very desperate for Janet. I’ve had quite a few disappointments on the way she’s been allowing her regime to be ran and influenced by ppl who have no right being in those positions. That’s not a theory, that’s a fact. I actually feel for many of the fans who are holding to the shreds of hope their “freedom fighter” fave is going on a mission. This isn’t the case. I don’t condone anywhere mistreating women, but I also understand cultural context means different ideologies apply in different regions of the world. Janet didn’t need this check. Janet could have booked herself in many other places a few times over to make this money. 

If she speaks out it will be the most dangerous thing she’s done, being in their country & attacking their principles under such strict laws/regulations. I’m sure she will do her job and leave and never address it.

America? Sorry had to,  911 was an inside job through and through. 

What would she need to address considering the music she performs already does that and sends those messages anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dal said:

Then he was wrong too! 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Also—the Human Rights Foundation has issued an open letter to Janet Jackson calling on her to cancel her performance. It also clarified that yes indeed MBS (the crown prince) is the one financing this entire festival—the same guy who ordered the slaughter and dismemberment of a Washington Post journalist and then conspired with the Trump administration to cover it up.

this is not a good look folks!

https://hrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Letter-to-Janet-Jackson-from-HRF.pdf

Yes queen. I hope she performs What About 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

What would she need to address considering the music she performs already does that and sends those messages anyways

Which songs besides RN are you expecting her to perform that will be SO groundbreaking and rebellious to the country. 

Again, my stance is this was just an unnecessary performance...but that country deserves no more condemnation than America does. But what do you feel will be performed & powerful enough that it justifies the performance itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Which songs besides RN are you expecting her to perform that will be SO groundbreaking and rebellious to the country. 

Again, my stance is this was just an unnecessary performance...but that country deserves no more condemnation than America does. But what do you feel will be performed & powerful enough that it justifies the performance itself?

RN, State of the World, Control, and hopefully What About.

Add Scream back to the set.

IF for that added touch of sexual female empowerment. And definitely grab the dancers crotch 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EphraimAdamz said:

RN, State of the World, Control, and hopefully What About.

Add Scream back to the set.

IF for that added touch of sexual female empowerment

State of the World is not revolutionary in that country IMO. The lyrics were drafted more about the crack epidemic. I highly doubt What About will make an appearance & while IF - is racy based on their standard let’s see if she does it. 

I have a strong feeling you’ll get RN & the rest will be her generic hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

State of the World is not revolutionary in that country IMO. The lyrics were drafted more about the crack epidemic. I highly doubt What About will make an appearance & while IF - is racy based on their standard let’s see if she does it. 

I have a strong feeling you’ll get RN & the rest will be her generic hits. 

I want that IF crotch grab 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

I want that IF crotch grab 😂

Lol don’t hold your breath lol. I think you want to see this moment for more than what it seemingly is, she took a performance opportunity that came with a nice size check for whatever her reasons but they weren’t revolutionary reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

I want to see the full choreography. 

Just to make sure there was crotch grabbing??? 🤪👍

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vibeology said:

she's showing her arms 😱

Lord knows I can't stand you for this. -_-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...