Rock Wit U vs. Made For Now

Lenzo88

In this corner: Her vastly underrated and unappreciated 2008Ā 80s inspired, futuristic club masterpiece

tumblr_nnmu7emyHq1qiohboo6_400.gif

vs.

Her most recent video focusing onĀ Afrocentric celebration with Latin exuberance! šŸ˜

tumblr_pdmaz7yk8T1tt6s82o1_500.gif

Which video had:

Better Costumes/Wardrobe???

Better Overall Visuals???

Better Choreography???

Better Direction???

Was Better Overall???

• Upvote 1

Which video had:

Better Costumes/Wardrobe??? Made For Now

Better Overall Visuals??? Made For Now

Better Choreography??? RWU

Better Direction??? RWU

Was Better Overall??? Made For Now

MFN is Janet's most visually appealing video in quite some time.Ā  The colors, the afrocentricity,and the VIBE was on point.Ā  That's why it edges out RWU.Ā  BUT...

RWU is the better song and it was ahead of it's time. I love the video and choreography(which Janet snatched everybody in sight)Ā 

Two different vibes, but I like the comparison. :cheer:

• Like 1

MFM across the boardĀ bc Janet co-wrote and co-produced it with Harmony & Jimmy Jam/Terry LewisĀ 

RWU ā€œmade before itā€™s timeā€ is an inside joke between us JanFam. It has no real meaning behind it except ā€œit shouldnā€™t have been released as a singleā€

Same goes for Empty.. except Empty is actually classic Janet and RWU is some knock off walmart Janet

2 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

The song (not the sound) isnā€™t that good.. it was repetitive and lazy

I agree, but if her and the label's relationship didn't fall apart, I think it could have been revisited.

This is too hard. -_-Ā 

MOST of the categories go to RWU except for probably wardrobe, but I can't say which is best overall. MFN is fresh and I still listen to that anytime I need a pickmeup, it makes me happy. But I was obsessed with RWU back in the day. So I can't say. :umm:

Ask me in 10 years. -_-Ā 

15 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

MFM across the boardĀ bc Janet co-wrote and co-produced it with Harmony & Jimmy Jam/Terry LewisĀ 

RWU ā€œmade before itā€™s timeā€ is an inside joke between us JanFam. It has no real meaning behind it except ā€œit shouldnā€™t have been released as a singleā€

Same goes for Empty.. except Empty is actually classic Janet and RWU is some knock off walmart Janet

What does this line mean?Ā 

Better Overall Visuals???Ā  Made For Now due to all the colors, wardrobe, people, locations, and whatever else the were able to fit in the video. Very expansive.

Better Choreography??? Rock With U.Ā Especially the skating across the dance floor duing the first segment. Then when JanetĀ went into the red room and continued to slay. Then all of them got together in some kind of weird ball still dancing while all on each other and proceeded to split apart and break it down again. Yes ma'am!!! :excited:Ā 

Better Direction??? Rock With U

Was Better Overall- Rock With U period!!!! I don't hear any fans talking about the song or video anymore. I do still hear them talking about Rock With U tho

I love Made For Now but still prefer RWU because I still don't care for whatever autotune effect they put on her voice. Like I want my classic jovial Janet unfiltered.Ā Ā 

Better Costumes/Wardrobe???ļ»æ Made For Now because of the Afro-Centric/Latin theme. Reminds you of the GTIG video which is probably her best video in terms of cinematographyĀ 

Better Overall Visuals??? MFN (the club setting of RWU has been done so many times)

Better Choreography??? RWU no question

Better Direction??? This is hard because I love how RWU is shot making it look like one take but Dave Meyers took into another level with MFN in the way he was able to jump between shots/different parts of NYC

Was Better Overall???Ā  Better song RWU. Sounds timeless and instantly puts me into a good place. But overall the anticipation of MFN and how stunning Janet looked make it my overall favorite. Even non-stans were loving it. Also that mini press tour she did, wasn't expecting that level of promo from her

6 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

RWU unquestionably takes the cake. It's really the only 00s/10sĀ video that can sit with Janet's 80s and 90s stuff.Ā 

Ummm, ā€œAll For Youā€, ā€œDoesnā€™t Really Matterā€ andĀ ā€œAll Niteā€ donā€™t like Whatchu sayinā€™ boo!!! šŸ˜³šŸ˜±šŸ¤Ŗ

Not to mention, ā€œMade For Nowā€ is a gorgeously shot video with seamless direction! One of Daveā€™s best by far! ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenzo88 said:

Ummm, ā€œAll For Youā€, ā€œDoesnā€™t Really Matterā€ andĀ ā€œAll Niteā€ donā€™t like Whatchu sayinā€™ boo!!! šŸ˜³šŸ˜±šŸ¤Ŗ

Not to mention, ā€œMade For Nowā€ is a gorgeously shot video with seamless direction! One of Daveā€™s best by far! ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø

RWU is a better routine than all of those from organization, to creativity, to technicality. I will never understand ya'll obsession with DRM and AN(DS). RWU is definitely a better video on all fronts.Ā 

• Upvote 1

RWU has some amazing choreographed numbers, but the video doesn't stack up to MFN in terms of cinematography, originality and overall creativity. MFN is arguably one of Janet's best videos, it features an amazing director, excellent costumes and set design

Ya'll come in here with RWU like it wasn't 90% choreography to every single beat, (thanks Gil :umm: ) in a club with an 80's club kid throwback apparel (how originalĀ :umm:) . Now dont get me wrong it was cute, love it, but Im not putting MFN out over RWU

On 7/23/2019 at 7:44 AM, hotboy06 said:

Which video had:

Better Overall Visuals??? Made For Now

Better Choreography??? RWU

Better Direction??? RWU

Was Better Overall??? Made For Now

MFN is Janet's most visually appealing video in quite some time.Ā  The colors, the afrocentricity,and the VIBE was on point.Ā  That's why it edges out RWU.Ā  BUT...

RWU is the better song and it was ahead of it's time. I love the video and choreography(which Janet snatched everybody in sight)Ā 

Two different vibes, but I like the comparison. :cheer:

I agree with everything you said except I cannot judge direction, if I did I would imagine with as many participants in MFN that would require a pretty sizable time of organized people

I dont like the comparison, Im at a point where I can appreciate both creative endeavors as they stand on their own merit. I love the dance queen that Janet serves us in RWU, the fierceness of the music and the thumping but MFN is other level stuff.